• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Mbappe, Auba, Morata & Aguero are all unrealistic.

All of these players are going to have the very best in world football & CL clubs chasing them. PSG are after Aguero, Utd are closing in on Morata, Man City were interested in Auba and Real Madrid want Mbappe. We can't really compete with these clubs financially and we can't offer them CL football.

Morata is the most overrated striker on the market followed closely by that donkey at Everton.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
No it is not immaterial. He is simply not a CF as of today, period. Whatever you or any other fan envision him is what is immaterial for now. Until he starts and plays regularly as a CF, this comparison is totally irrelevant.

So you haven't actually seen Mbappe play for Monaco then. He plays as the furthest man forward with Falcao as the support striker. So Deschamps could certainly use him in a central role rather than Giroud. He chooses not to for the same reason he starts Giroud over Lacazette. They aren't the type of striker he wants in that position. So it has nothing to do with Giroud being better than either one. He's just different.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-06-at-12.26.45.png

Last edited:

RoadrunnerReloaded

Look put it this way Carlito said Lacazette is marginally better than Giroud meaning in theory Lacazette should notch marginally more goals than Giroud.

So carlito expects Lacazette to net a solid 18-22 goals at his best in the premier league.

That's good enough for me.

You have to ignore The Dude on the topic of Lacazette. At this point it just comes off as weird bias - wanting to pay millions more for a lampost like Lukaku who doesn't fit our playing style instead of Lacazette is s joke.

IIRC the Dude even preferred to not sign anyone summer of 2015 rather than sign Lacazette. Laca scored a lot of goals that season so I disregard his opinion on Lacazette ever since then as it really seems more biased than legit.

I'm calling it now for the Laca haters - Lacazette will score more goals next season than Lukaku or Morata.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Actually, now that I think about it, isn't it Greizmann who starts ahead of Mbappe? Giroud starts ahead of Lacazette. I do however, agree that it's immaterial who starts over whom.

Yes, but as I was pointing out, that's a choice of the manager. Mbappe plays the most forward central striker role for Monaco and could certainly play in the middle for France. Deschamps just chooses to play him wide, just as he chooses to play Giroud over Lacazette because he wants a certain type of striker.

That's exactly why I was steadfastly pessimistic on the MBappe transfer. So that when that deal inevitably fell through, I won't be left underwhelmed by our other transfers - who'll naturally pale in comparison with someone like Mbappe.

The Mbappé thread should have been closed at page 100... Im trying my best to get over it but I think the forum are yet to see my worst this summer.

Linson

I don't know why people are so negative about the champions league situation. Liverpool, Chelsea & Man Utd have been out of the champions league in recent years and it hasn't stopped them from recruiting well.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I don't know why people are so negative about the champions league situation. Liverpool, Chelsea & Man Utd have been out of the champions league in recent years and it hasn't stopped them from recruiting well.
Because its us they want to get on rhe bandwagon. We have been in cl for the best part of 20 years as soon as we fall out of it tgey dig the knife in!! Also were not the darlings of english football!!

The value of the Champions League has become largely redundant with the increase in money available. Players will look foremost to self-serving reasons to join a club, and within the fluid matrix of modern football I think most are intelligent enough not to move for what could only be one season of guaranteed football.

Lack of Champions League football didn't stop Chelsea recruiting well, nor Sp**s, nor Man Utd acquiring a player for a world-record fee or one of the best strikers of his generation. It didn't affect Liverpool retaining Suarez, nor any other club retaining it's star players in recent times.

We will be able to target most of the players we have an interest in whilst in the Europa League. Whether we have the negotiating skills, and are willing to pay are the chief limiting factors. 'No Champions League football' has just become a lazy byword without any basis in reality.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People don't rate the signing because they just aren't excited about it. Even I can admit he isn't an exciting player as such. Not that marquee signing everyone wants but it's about a team effort at the end of the day.

If Lacazette fits our system perfectly then great. You wouldn't class a single Sp**s player as a marquee player except maybe eriksen. But their system and team work brilliantly together. They have a pure goalscorer.

hopefully we do now as well!

Banks

Lacazette ticks every box to me and Mbappe would have been nice but come on Arsène spend over £100mil on one player? Never gonna happen and I feel the chance to get him was last season before he signed a new contract and had a very good season but back to Lacazette he is a goal scorer, plays of the shoulder of defenders, strong on the ball and good in linking up play and people say he plays in ligue 1 but Lacazette has been consistent for over 4 seasons now so that's no fluke just like benzema was for Lyon and look how he turned out. I would happy if we signed Lacazette and he would offer something different to our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom