• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakySami

Dude, this is a simple fact. He will be our record signing. So, my point is clear, if we are going to break the record, I would rather go for a elite player, like an Özil or Sanchez, than a younger version of Jermaine Defoe or Sidney Govou. Capiche?

Sorry for coming late but we are going for the cream de la crème. With mbappe. Just need a bit of Wenger magic and voila!

First, it is not 44M, it will likely be £50 M. If Lukaku cost 70 M, I would rather go for him than Laca for 50M (and I am not even Lukaku's biggest fan).
Second, you said best player wiht Tolisso. Let me rephrase it, he is their second best player, after Tolisso. For that matter, I would have spent 40M on Tolisso, before I spend 50 M on Lacazette.

Lacazette was the best player of Lyon this year. Lyon fans think it, journalists think it, others players think it (he was nominated as best player for the league and tolisso wasn't).
Tolisso had really a great season and he s very close to lacaz'/ But lacaz had his best season last year and every one but you think he was the MVP of lyon.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I watched almost all lyon games since 1999. Does my opinion can count ?

You are the Laca's fan club president. :lol:
By the way, kudos to Aulas though. 100 M for Tolisso & Lacazette, brilliant moves.
Just heard that Mariano Diaz is about to join from Real for 10 M. That could be a smart deal. Too bad Pep Genesio is clueless....:D

Mate, you mentioned Auba not being snapped up, it is not like
Laca is a hot property either. :lol:. A-M was the only club who was chasing him. Auls was willing to bring the player on a platter to PSG, but they told him no thanks.

The deal with atletico was done, there was "normal" precaution because of the transfer ban. But the deal was closed between laca and Madrid and between madrid and Lyon.
Aulas didn't "offer" lacaz to PSG. In a itw he was complaining that PSG doesn't spend big money in French ligue and that was bad for business of the ligue 1. He explained that PSG justified itself saying that french clubs refuse to sell them player and he gives the example that he would accept to sell lacaz to PSG if the met the offer of foreign clubs.
Liverpool met the entourage of lacaz also

Last edited:

FreakySami

Listen, I highly rate Atletico Madrids eye for a striker. They rarely go wrong and by really i mean almost never. I trust their opinion more than anybody's on this forum. Also if he had to play with them, you know he'd have to be able to dig in, work hard and do whatever it takes to win games. All of that said, I feel a lot better about this signing.

You are the Laca's fan club president. :lol:
By the way, kudos to Aulas though. 100 M for Tolisso & Lacazette, brilliant moves.
Just heard that Mariano Diaz is about to join from Real for 10 M. That could be a smart deal. Too bad Pep Genesio is clueless....:D

No just a regular fan. I think you also watch a lot of games of AFC.
For Diaz the rumor is more about a loan.
Calling Genesio "Pep" is really the symbol of your objectivity and your capacity to assess Lyon assets

carlito'sway

Established Member
No just a regular fan. I think you also watch a lot of games of AFC.
For Diaz the rumor is more about a loan.
Calling Genesio "Pep" is really the symbol of your objectivity and your capacity to assess Lyon assets

Dude, you really don't seem to have any sense of humor, so try to take a chill pill.
I didn't come up with the Pep moniker. That is how he is called by a number of media figures in France as well as some of Lyon fans as well. If you think "Pep" Genesio is an "asset", good for you.

Dude, you really don't seem to have any sense of humor, so try to take a chill pill.
I didn't come up with the Pep moniker. That is how he is called by a number of media figures in France as well as some of Lyon fans as well. If you think "Pep" Genesio is an "asset", good for you.
I wasn't speaking about genesio as an asset.
But Pep is used in a mean way, almost an insulting way. And it is very unfair and not deserved even if he s not a top class coach. He s treated a lit bit like Giroud

carlito'sway

Established Member
I wasn't speaking about genesio as an asset.
But Pep is used in a mean way, almost an insulting way. And it is very unfair and not deserved even if he s not a top class coach. He s treated a lit bit like Giroud

It is a light joke, mate. What is unfair is putting him as the manager. He does not have the chops for the job. Your club deserves a better one to raise its profile and make better use of its assets (training ground, stadium, academy etc).

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
I said this above, I am totally ok with paying 70 M for Lukaku or 65 for Auba.
Lukaku's touches are very poor and his mentality is not very strong. He doesn't have resolve to stay at Chelsea or become the star player at Everton. He's a proven scorer though.

One thing good about Lacazette is his strong resolve to score goals and help his team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom