• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Giroud is known to be a Marseille fan.
Maybe he's waiting from an offer from them. They're interested by him.

But I've read on L'équipe that Giroud doesn't want to come back in France.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Giroud always fights back, problem is he doesn't fight for a whole season! In an ideal world you sell theo or welbeck before giroud and bring lacazette or mbappe!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
According to footmercato, West Ham want to buy Giroud and Walcott for €57M.

Footmercato! they sound so reliable but I'd love that to be true. tbh its the only way either of them are going to be starters, and they both need to focus on International call ups.

Yato

Guys, if you think we can win something more with Giroud than a F.A. Cup, you are wrong.

Hell, we couldn't even win the league when Leicester was the champion, Özil has 19 assists, Giroud banged some goals but he ain't the forward to take us to something higher, 5 years are enough, we have seen his qualities, he became a lot better than before I agree, but his place can be just as a super sub because he can bring impact with his strength.

Our football is quite boring with him stuck upfield for 90 minutes, our counter attack is suffering because he can't make a run creating a chance, all of our play becomes too monotonous, and all balls either get to Giroud from a cross or pass the ball to him then he instantly tries to pass back which often fails.

I respect him really, but the fact is our game is fluid with Welbeck more than it is with Giroud. With pacy striker we can get into better positions, play fast counter attack, also use all of creativity in the midfield ( Özil, Alexis and Xhaka ) and expose every bad side od the opponent.

I said Welbeck was suiting us nicely, imagine getting Lacazette or PEA, Laca is the realistic option here, PEA kinda isn't, so Laca coming here could shine a lot, maybe even take us more forward than I imagine.

Point is, people are defending Giroud and saying he should stay, but having Giroud again as our main striker is same like having Wenger and his " ambitious " 4th place trophy.

It's time to get some real players, and say goodbye to those who are 4th place and Cup worth players.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Guys, if you think we can win something more with Giroud than a F.A. Cup, you are wrong.

Hell, we couldn't even win the league when Leicester was the champion, Özil has 19 assists, Giroud banged some goals but he ain't the forward to take us to something higher, 5 years are enough, we have seen his qualities, he became a lot better than before I agree, but his place can be just as a super sub because he can bring impact with his strength.

Our football is quite boring with him stuck upfield for 90 minutes, our counter attack is suffering because he can't make a run creating a chance, all of our play becomes too monotonous, and all balls either get to Giroud from a cross or pass the ball to him then he instantly tries to pass back which often fails.

I respect him really, but the fact is our game is fluid with Welbeck more than it is with Giroud. With pacy striker we can get into better positions, play fast counter attack, also use all of creativity in the midfield ( Özil, Alexis and Xhaka ) and expose every bad side od the opponent.

I said Welbeck was suiting us nicely, imagine getting Lacazette or PEA, Laca is the realistic option here, PEA kinda isn't, so Laca coming here could shine a lot, maybe even take us more forward than I imagine.

Point is, people are defending Giroud and saying he should stay, but having Giroud again as our main striker is same like having Wenger and his " ambitious " 4th place trophy.

It's time to get some real players, and say goodbye to those who are 4th place and Cup worth players.
Exactly how I feel. It's hard to argues with the goals he's scored, but there must be someone better than him in terms of pace and movement.

Mike Vinna

Starting this season with Giroud up front and Özil/Alexis behind him would be a criminal waste of those two guys' final balls.. Just buy someone with some proper movement for crying out loud.

I agree with most, though, that Olli would be the perfect bench player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Aulas again saying he interested to buy Giroud but Giroud want to stay at Arsenal

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
This Aulas needs to shut the **** up - every day another statement from him, usually contradicting yesterday's

The very antithesis of Wenger, who must hate having to deal with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom