• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
So what you're asking is why have tunes changed?

We won something, there was hope in the formation change, good signings have been made, changes behind the scenes. It's enough for some.

No one is calling radio stations or Sky for Wenger to be sacked, there are no protests, there is no movement even in the online world.

The Wenger out movement for now is dead.
No I'm not, I'm saying I hope match going fans do wipe the slate clean come the start of the season and anything we post in here has no effect on that, absolutely none.

You've already explained to me why you've changed your tune.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

But Arsenal can't afford to continue the toxic atmosphere that was around the stadium and in the media last year. That was and would continue to be counterproductive.

But that is what is going to happen should results not go our way at the start of next season. If you think the match going fans have forgotten about the last 5-10 years you are simply wrong. I don't go often myself but have several season ticket holding mates and none of them are behind Wenger anymore. Most fans aren't blind and they have seen where the train is heading and they are not happy about it. It's that simple.

Last time I went to a home game, I went with a colleague and his father (and the father has been going since the freaking 50's and is still season ticket holder) and neither of them are behind Wenger. They are supporting Arsenal.

We are fans of Arsenal and not paid cheerleaders. And there is nothing loyal or "good" about being behind Wenger. I support Arsenal. By default any success of the manager will make me happy but I am not a Wenger fan. I think he hasn't produced enough good results given the size and resources of the club.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This is a good attitude, at the start of the season, for match going fans. It's not relevant on this forum though, the things we post here do not effect real life.
What? My posts do not change the course of Arsenal's season? I thought by moaning here I condemned Wenger and Arsenal to a poor season. By spreading a negative and toxic atmosphere... I'll be damned! There, my whole reason for existing on this fan forum just went puff... :(

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Take no notice of the arseholes. If they don't like reading it, they should stick to other threads. Me and you didn't force them to click on this thread. If they are that concerned about their wandering fingers, they should ask a mod to ban them from the thread.
I was just surprised about some replies after having sat out some time. It's not like last season hasn't happened or that we start from nothing again. All the crap that went on last season and the seasons before didn't magically not happen thanks to that FA cup win.

I hope we have a good season, but I am simply not confident nor happy about the situation. Especially with Wenger who time over time has proven beyond any doubt in my mind that he doesn't have what it takes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So what you're asking is why have tunes changed?

We won something, there was hope in the formation change, good signings have been made, changes behind the scenes. It's enough for some.

No one is calling radio stations or Sky for Wenger to be sacked, there are no protests, there is no movement even in the online world.

The Wenger out movement for now is dead.
The Wenger out movement is not dead, just dormant. Put to sleep by yet another trophy.

One loss and their wheels will come off. It will never go away even if he were to win another title.

But this club is special, because the board, the players and many of the fans are defiant. They won't let Piers Morgan, internet memes and social media myths dominate their thinking.

Discarding a legend, an excellent manager, a loyal servant and one of the classiest football professionals ever to grace this planet is not an option.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

One more thing about the Wenger Out campaign.

In line with most voting patterns, there are the extreme 'out' 'in' supporters but most are floating fans willing to change their alliegience depending on results. During the season they are whipped up by the vocal social media hate campaign.

But in the last 4 years since the money situation has eased, Wenger has won 3 trophies which has finished the season in a rousing manner. Those floaters turn back into Wenger supporters leaving the Out campaign derailed.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
But that is what is going to happen should results not go our way at the start of next season. If you think the match going fans have forgotten about the last 5-10 years you are simply wrong. I don't go often myself but have several season ticket holding mates and none of them are behind Wenger anymore. Most fans aren't blind and they have seen where the train is heading and they are not happy about it. It's that simple.

Last time I went to a home game, I went with a colleague and his father (and the father has been going since the freaking 50's and is still season ticket holder) and neither of them are behind Wenger. They are supporting Arsenal.

We are fans of Arsenal and not paid cheerleaders. And there is nothing loyal or "good" about being behind Wenger. I support Arsenal. By default any success of the manager will make me happy but I am not a Wenger fan. I think he hasn't produced enough good results given the size and resources of the club.

Doesn't mean you can't go into the season with a positive attitude or at least keep your mouth shut until you see how things go. And since you now know that creating a toxic atmosphere isn't going to get rid of Wenger anyway, you might put some thought into the effect it will have (and did have this past season) on the team. Nobody says you have to go to the match and yell "Yay Wenger!" all day. Either cheer the team or keep your trap shut.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Admire the internet tough guy routine. Never get's old.

Let's simply agree to disagree. No need to be rude.
Not sure that's a tough guy routine. :lol:

First few weeks posting on here as a Wenger supporter :rolleyes: the standard of insults were rock bottom tbf,''vermin', '*****', 'deluded' and the 'p*ss offs' and 'f*ck offs' were 10 a penny. :lol:

Surviving that was a bit like getting circumcised in front of the tribe without anaesthetic. A rite of passage.

But the posting on here has definitely upped it's game over the last year or so. Direct insults have toned down and more subtle mocking is the norm. Still keep seeing 'squad cost' appearing every few days. :lol:. F*** it, who cares.

LacaNewSigning

I was just surprised about some replies after having sat out some time. It's not like last season hasn't happened or that we start from nothing again. All the crap that went on last season and the seasons before didn't magically not happen thanks to that FA cup win.

I hope we have a good season, but I am simply not confident nor happy about the situation. Especially with Wenger who time over time has proven beyond any doubt in my mind that he doesn't have what it takes.
let me ask you, if your friend or someone went jail for committing a crime. When they come out and claim there rehabilitated, would you give them a chance to prove that, or kick them whilst the chips are down?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Admire the internet tough guy routine. Never get's old.

Let's simply agree to disagree. No need to be rude.

Haha. I literally had to laugh at that considering I'm probably the least threatening person you'd ever be likely to meet (a big 'ol Zen teddy bear). I was using a generic you (informal third person indefinite pronoun) -- as in "you can't get blood out of a turnip" -- not as a singular second person personal pronoun. So relax. :)

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I was using a generic you (informal third person indefinite pronoun) -- as in "you can't get blood out of a turnip" -- not as a singular second person personal pronoun. So relax. :)
Come on. You reply to my post and then the you, you use, is not meant for me? If that was your intention then you need to be a bit clearer.

PS. I mean you "Slartibartfast" and not a generic you...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Agree to disagree? Not sure you support that after your private messages asking me to delete posts that disagreed with you.
The reason I sent you a private message is that I wanted to keep it with you only, but guess that did not work. I did not like being questioned if I was an Arsenal fan and that I should look for another club on my profile page. Don't think that was too much to ask for. But there you go.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Come on. You reply to my post and then the you, you use, is not meant for me? If that was your intention then you need to be a bit clearer.

PS. I mean you "Slartibartfast" and not a generic you...

I know what I meant. The conversation had been about Arsenal fans in general who go to the stadium and protest for Wenger to be fired, not about you personally. I hadn't expected you to be so paranoid as to think it was all about you (or to be so touchy even if it had been). But you're free to think whatever you want. Doesn't matter to me.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not sure that's a tough guy routine. :lol:

First few weeks posting on here as a Wenger supporter :rolleyes: the standard of insults were rock bottom tbf,''vermin', '*****', 'deluded' and the 'p*ss offs' and 'f*ck offs' were 10 a penny. :lol:

Surviving that was a bit like getting circumcised in front of the tribe without anaesthetic. A rite of passage.

But the posting on here has definitely upped it's game over the last year or so. Direct insults have toned down and more subtle mocking is the norm. Still keep seeing 'squad cost' appearing every few days. :lol:. F*** it, who cares.
Fair enough. I have posted before that I think your posts are totally fine except for the matter that should not be mentioned. I also think you get too much grief from us Wenger out guys at times, but feel it is taken in an open and fair way.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I know what I meant.
I'm sure you do. Problem is that it simply wasn't evident by any stretch what you meant, but let's leave it with that. Just a tip, next time if you don't want to reply to me and my post directly, but make a general statement intended for anyone, just don't use that silly "Reply" function. ;)

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm sure you do. Problem is that it simply wasn't evident by any stretch what you meant, but let's leave it with that. Just a tip, next time if you don't want to reply to me and my post directly, but make a general statement intended for anyone, just don't use that silly "Reply" function. ;)

That would be all well and good except you seem to be forgetting the fact that you were the one who replied to me, not the other way around. I merely continued to speak in general terms as I had been. Try to keep up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom