• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If he wants to go to City then tell him to shut up and keep him.

Tell him if he acts up hes training with the reserves the whole season

I'm fed up of this bullshit, I'd happily do that just to send a message out to ****ing world. If you get paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a week to play football you honour the contract your employer gives you

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only teams interested and willing to pay the wages Alexis wants have worse CL history than us. :lol:

His attitude in interviews are starting to grate, don't usually hate players but if he lives I hope he never wins his dream trophy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If he wants to go abroad you let him go and you replace, it's a nice clean break as you'll get a nice fee too.

Sell him to City and it's the continuation of us bowing to pressure from our players and rivals. You then have to watch him every week, your face being rubbed in it.

But as I said before, I know Wenger won't sell to City.

every little thing

Wenger was very confident to land Mbappe/Suarez/ Vardy too, but they didn't happen eventually...I don't trust wenger at all. The stance of the player is very clear now, we must act fast ...Show some interest in aguero and unsettle man city. IMO Aguero is better than Sanchez and i think man city will consider to swap players if they really want sanchez since Aguero is unwanted by fraudiola.We can play 3412 with Aguero and Lacazette in front of Özil...This is better than sanchez and lacazette.

Last edited:

every little thing

As Alexis continues to angle for a summer exit, Gunners icon Paul Merson has suggested the Premier League rivals swap forwards

Paul Merson has called on Arsenal to negotiate a swap deal with Manchester City for Sergio Aguero should Alexis Sanchez continue to push for a summer departure.

On Saturday, the Chilean forward admitted he want to be playing Champions League football next season and says his future "depends" on Arsenal.

Merson, who played for Arsenal between 1982 and 1997, thinks Alexis will be extremely hard to replace and gave Arsène Wenger some advice for transfer talks with their Premier League rivals.

"I don't think Arsenal can replace Sanchez, can they?" Merson told Goal. "He gets 30 of their goals, but you've got to move on.

"If someone doesn't want to be at the club, Arsenal are a big club and you don't want players who don't want to be there. Arsenal are a big club, a very big club and you don't want that.

"He's a good player - if I were Arsenal I'd be ringing up Man City and saying 'Give us Aguero and you can have Sanchez.'

"[If Alexis wants to go to Man City] then I'd say I want Aguero. He's better than Sanchez."

Merson is concerned that Arsenal will find themselves finishing outside the Champions League qualification spots for a second year running should they fail to keep hold of former Barcelona forward Alexis.

"I do [think they'll struggle], Arsenal need to be in the top four," the ex-England international, 49, added.

"I know they're not going to win it but if you're in it you're going to be playing bigger games. At the moment, you're taking away 20-odd goals and 10 or 11 assists, and he's a handful, Sanchez.

"So, for me, he can't go to Man City unless Arsenal get Aguero."

Goal understands that Manchester City are Alexis' first choice should he leave the Emirates Stadium in 2017, but he's also been pursued by Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain.

Wenger denied reports Sanchez has agreed a new contract when he spoke to the media on Saturday after Arsenal's pre-season win over Western Sydney Wanderers.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Paul Merson is playing Football Manager here. In the first place, we've just bought a CF. Neither Lacazette nor Aguero are wide forwards. They both thrive in the middle. In the second place, why would we want to trade our best player for a really great striker who has one important flaw, a dodgy injury record. Also, there's nothing that says that Aguero would be interested in such a swap. He's probably making more money there than we'd offer. The sooner we put the whole Sanchez thing to bed, the better. It's going to be distracting to the team, same as Wenger's contract uncertainty was. If we're not selling we're not selling. The player is under contract, end of.

every little thing

Looks like Paul Merson is playing Football Manager here. In the first place, we've just bought a CF. Neither Lacazette nor Aguero are wide forwards. They both thrive in the middle. In the second place, why would we want to trade our best player for a really great striker who has one important flaw, a dodgy injury record. Also, there's nothing that says that Aguero would be interested in such a swap. He's probably making more money there than we'd offer. The sooner we put the whole Sanchez thing to bed, the better. It's going to be distracting to the team, same as Wenger's contract uncertainty was. If we're not selling we're not selling. The player is under contract, end of.

have you forgotten wenger said laca can play anywhere?

and we can always change the formation base on what player we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom