• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
have you forgotten wenger said laca can play anywhere?

and we can always change the formation base on what player we have
I've seen Laca play and he's a CF. Not sure where Wenger's going with that. Yes, during a game, all the top strikers move around the wings and all that but unless I'm mistaken, CF is his main strength. In terms of formation, unless we change some personnel, it looks like 3 CBs is our best option. I guess you could change to accommodate 2 CFs, but I think we would lose something defensively by having 2 strikers and Özil on the pitch at the same time.

every little thing

I've seen Laca play and he's a CF. Not sure where Wenger's going with that. Yes, during a game, all the top strikers move around the wings and all that but unless I'm mistaken, CF is his main strength. In terms of formation, unless we change some personnel, it looks like 3 CBs is our best option. I guess you could change to accommodate 2 CFs, but I think we would lose something defensively by having 2 strikers and Özil on the pitch at the same time.

i think we can change the formation from 343 to 352

i don't want an unhappy player keep unsettle the team stability.

we must sort it out as quickly as possible...

if arsenal are so sure not to sell, then they must come out with a clear official statement: Sanchez is not for sell and we will keep him until the last day of his contract.

The problem now is arsenal keep playing hard ball but it seems to me they will sell in the last week of the transfer window and we will get 50m from it with no great replacement. i wont accept this kind of management from arsenal

Last edited:

Song Billong

Wenger was very confident to land Mbappe/Suarez/ Vardy too, but they didn't happen eventually...I don't trust wenger at all. The stance of the player is very clear now, we must act fast ...Show some interest in aguero and unsettle man city. IMO Aguero is better than Sanchez and i think man city will consider to swap players if they really want sanchez since Aguero is unwanted by fraudiola.We can play 3412 with Aguero and Lacazette in front of Özil...This is better than sanchez and lacazette.

Aguero would be great, but there is no change it would happen. Also, we have signed Lacazette who will ideally be playing CF.

We need to simply stump up the money for Lemar and Mahrez. If Mahrez can recapture his form from two seasons ago then the loss of Sanchez would be mostly mitigated.

Lemar we need to sign now, as if he has another great season there is no way we will be able to sign him. It's now or never for him (and Mbappe, but that's dream land kind of stuff).

every little thing

Aguero would be great, but there is no change it would happen. Also, we have signed Lacazette who will ideally be playing CF.

We need to simply stump up the money for Lemar and Mahrez. If Mahrez can recapture his form from two seasons ago then the loss of Sanchez would be mostly mitigated.

Lemar we need to sign now, as if he has another great season there is no way we will be able to sign him. It's now or never for him (and Mbappe, but that's dream land kind of stuff).

for me without Aguero then No Sanchez deal. We close the door and tell city to **** off. we might see him signs a pre contract with city inDecember...that will really hurt:(

Song Billong

for me without Aguero then No Sanchez deal. We close the door and tell city to **** off. we might see him signs a pre contract with city inDecember...that will really hurt:(

If he leaves on a free then so be it. I'd personally rather he play one more season with us, help us fight to win our place back in the CL and push on from there.

He's more value to us on the pitch for a final season than having 50 million sitting in the bank doing nothing.

I can see this whole saga will drag on - eventually we will buckle and sell him, and by that time it will be too late to sign any replacements as Mahrez will have moved elsewhere, and Lemar will not be allowed to leave. By the end of the window all the goodwill from signing Laca and Seo will have completely dissipated.

Please prove me wrong Arsenal.

every little thing

If he leaves on a free then so be it. I'd personally rather he play one more season with us, help us fight to win our place back in the CL and push on from there.

He's more value to us on the pitch for a final season than having 50 million sitting in the bank doing nothing.

I can see this whole saga will drag on - eventually we will buckle and sell him, and by that time it will be too late to sign any replacements as Mahrez will have moved elsewhere, and Lemar will not be allowed to leave. By the end of the window all the goodwill from signing Laca and Seo will have completely dissipated.

Please prove me wrong Arsenal.

thats what i think will happen. SAD.
thats why i said we cant let this haggling and hope sanchez will sign.
He wont.
Go to get aguero and with Aguero and Lacazette, i think we are as strong as before or maybe better

grim_tales1

Looks like Paul Merson is playing Football Manager here. In the first place, we've just bought a CF. Neither Lacazette nor Aguero are wide forwards. They both thrive in the middle. In the second place, why would we want to trade our best player for a really great striker who has one important flaw, a dodgy injury record. Also, there's nothing that says that Aguero would be interested in such a swap. He's probably making more money there than we'd offer. The sooner we put the whole Sanchez thing to bed, the better. It's going to be distracting to the team, same as Wenger's contract uncertainty was. If we're not selling we're not selling. The player is under contract, end of.
Alexis is under contract, he should honour it imo.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
AFCAMDEN on Instagram:

Alexis Sanchez's recent comments in the media have caused a stir amongst Arsenal fans, with their interpretation heavily upo for debate.

The Chilean has come out on his future for the first time, and has said that he has now made up his mind, has dreams of winnning the Champions League buit his future depends on Arsenal.

This can be construed in many ways, however most outlets are conveniently missing out the last line: that it depends on Arsenal.

And too right it does.
Sanchez is a good character, remains on good terms as Wenger has revealed, unlike the situation with previous players who forced their way out.

And that contributes to Arsenal`s stance that he will not be sold, especially to a PL rival, as there is genuine hope he still may sign a new deal (whether it's now or in during the season). Arsenal have had a good start to the window, however most Arsenal fans agree that the key to the success of this summer is what happens with Alexis.
But as fans we should hold our nerve and back the player/club until we know otherwise...

-------------

Don't care whether there are split opinions on here about Dean - still my prefered choice after Ornstein - and as long as he says there isn't any different view on the matter I will not loose sleep again just because some tabloids say so.

No, I don't even want him to be seen close to a PL rival, but I also won't accept PSG or anything else either.

We made a choice TO KEEP HIM and that's the greatest, most ambitious, business this club has ever done.
We stick to that - end of !

Last edited:

LacazetteAFC

HEY GUYS, Don't worry because Arsenal 'INTEND to keep him'. That sounds definite to me, the power is completely in your hands and you only intend to do something.

Obviously if you got a great offer you wouldn't be able to say no, but **** me you had some great intentions AFC

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We should do what Liverpool did with Suarez.
Promise him and make him sign a new contract with clauses that satisfy Alexis' wishes for CL and if they're not met, he will be sold next season (with preference to outside PL if same offer comes in)

Say his objectives for following season are: win the title or fight for it until end (e.g. finish second with no less than 5 pts. below champions), win Europa, win a domestic cup.

If those are not met, let Alexis leave, but in return we get another year of his extra dedication and manage to get a good selling fee, instead of having him go out on a free.

This may be a pipe-dream, however we are in a good position to have such demands toward him, but it all depends how much his agent is up his ear to influence the decision.

karl

Nice idea, but you cannot give one player such importance in a club. Teams win titles with star players integrated into the side and not individuals.

In the past we saw at least 5 stellar seasons from Henry, but only won things when the whole side functioned. Why would Sanchez be worth 4 times Koscielny?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nice idea, but you cannot give one player such importance in a club. Teams win titles with star players integrated into the side and not individuals.

In the past we saw at least 5 stellar seasons from Henry, but only won things when the whole side functioned. Why would Sanchez be worth 4 times Koscielny?

Because Sanchez is a one of a kind game winner/game changer. Its not like your RVP's, Nasri's and Cescs. These players were actually easily replaceable we just failed at doing it.

Nobody in world football other than Suarez replaces what Alexis brings.

LacazetteAFC

We should do what Liverpool did with Suarez.
Promise him and make him sign a new contract with clauses that satisfy Alexis' wishes for CL and if they're not met, he will be sold next season (with preference to outside PL if same offer comes in)

Say his objectives for following season are: win the title or fight for it until end (e.g. finish second with no less than 5 pts. below champions), win Europa, win a domestic cup.

If those are not met, let Alexis leave, but in return we get another year of his extra dedication and manage to get a good selling fee, instead of having him go out on a free.

This may be a pipe-dream, however we are in a good position to have such demands toward him, but it all depends how much his agent is up his ear to influence the decision.

Alexis isn't signing any new contract here no matter clauses we put in. It stops him:

A) Getting a colossal signing on fee of around 50m
B) Picking his club

Alexis is more than happy to stay for another year.

Whether we decide to cash in or not is the only question now

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's BS, Fabregas and RVP were more important than Alexis

Absolutely not.

Fabregas was always replaceable, be it with Cazorla or Özil.

RVP was replaceable, there were strikers out there that we could've signed but we chose not to/didn't have the financial power.

Now, even with the financial power we have give me one player that could bring to the table what Alexis does and contribute to 25+ goals a season.

every little thing

Absolutely not.

Fabregas was always replaceable, be it with Cazorla or Özil.

RVP was replaceable, there were strikers out there that we could've signed but we chose not to/didn't have the financial power.

Now, even with the financial power we have give me one player that could bring to the table what Alexis does and contribute to 25+ goals a season.

you are mad...fabregas and RVP is 100x important for arsenal than sanchez

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
you are mad...fabregas and RVP is 100x important for arsenal than sanchez

Why?

You're simply saying that because of the situation and the fact we could potentially lose him to a rival.

If it ever did happen you'd just play the 'well we did it with RVP and Fab who were more important' card.

No. Alexis is way more important, he's the best player we've had since Henry left, comfortably. RVP gave us one and a bit good seasons after going through a bunch of injuries then left ffs.

Again, give me names as to who we could replace Alexis with and you'll find that it was easier to replace Fabregas and RVP.

GunnerShy

That final season from Van Persie was unbelievable kept us in the top four with what was a puss team. Arsenal could not (at the time) and have not ever replaced Van Persie. I hated him for leaving but deep down I understood it.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
That final season from Van Persie was unbelievable kept us in the top four with what was a puss team. Arsenal could not (at the time) and have not ever replaced Van Persie. I hated him for leaving but deep down I understood it.

We managed to get the top 4 without him tho. With the likes of Giroud podolski & Gervinho... :lol::lol:

was he that important? I don't think so.
he was a coward and choked hard in CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom