• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Calling someone names when you don't understand basic maths doesn't basic maths doesn't do you any favour.

If you look at goals per game the difference in quality is pretty obvious.

Patronising someone when you think that a team would give a player a 50m signing on fee doesn't do you any favours. Shall we look at the 3 main competitions for each player?

Van Persie goal contributions in the 8 years with us -

Champions league - 45 games, 18 goals, 7 assists. 25 in 45.
Premier league - 194 games, 96 goals, 45 assists. 141 in 194.
FA cup - 17 games, 10 goals, 1 assist. 11 in 17.

177 goal contributions in 256 games.

Without doubt one of the best strikers we've had at the club. However...

Alexis Sanchez goal contributions in the 3 years with us, mostly at LW may I add -

Champions league - 22 games, 9 goals, 11 assists. 20 in 22.
Premier league - 103 games, 53 goals, 24 assists. 77 in 103.
FA cup - 14 games, 8 goals, 7 assists. 15 in 14.

112 goal contributions in 139 games. That's almost a goal contribution EVERY game.

Alexis is more prolific than Van Persie was in every competition just 3 years into his Arsenal career. He's also a lot fitter than RVP was offering us a hell of a lot more off the ball and in terms of game time.

Alexis Sanchez is an irreplaceable footballer. Van Persie was a replaceable striker.

Done.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
if we use the money we would get for alexis wisely we will survive without him, easily.
the bigger agony is the statement it sends if we sell him to a competing club in england. that can not happen.

Bergkamp120

Paying 500k for Alexis? That's crazy. His goals will be replaced, just like with previous players who left. We were fine when he wasn't scoring as much two years ago. Just buy a good replacement. He's not going to age well, just sell him and reinvest in a younger player. Some of you will say that I'm only saying this because he wants to leave but he's honestly one of my least favorite players in the squad. The sh*t attitude and tantrums are very off-putting.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
8-10m isnt a stretch. Maybe even close to 20m possibly in this climate & a player of Alexis caliber.

Sure we would give him a fair renewing fee here as well but much lower.

Didn't Thierry get a reported hefty renew fee on the contract after the CL final?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Calling someone names when you don't understand basic maths doesn't do you any favours.

If you look at goals per game the difference in quality is pretty obvious.
Don't bother with him mate. Once he's set on something even facts won't change his mind.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Always thought Bayern or Juve were his most likely destinations if he went this window. Since the Costa and James deals though I doubt either would be all in for him.

I'm thinking him leaving on a free next season is his most likely outcome of all this at this point.

WizardOfAus

Alexis stays.. anything else and we should all lose our ****. We want to be a top club competing against the best in CL.. what does it say about us if we cant even beat our rivals in england.. enough is enough, we need to win the title this season. We have waited and watched man utd/city and chelsea win it for long enough.

We have no excuses this year. We arent in CL so we should be pursuing the EPL and resting our good players in cup games.. im sick and tired of winning second rate cups and finishing 2nd-4th. Lets not kid ourselves, the Europa is a second rate cup.. how many people think Sevilla are a big club? How many people actually hate the fact that man utd won the europa last year? The same amount of people who care that we won the FA cup.. thats how many.

We win EPL and in the process we qualify for CL. Alexis stays. End of story

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If you want to keep your best players you pay them. That means 400-500k a week for Alexis and it meant 300k for RVP circa 2012.
LOL No way Alexis Sanchez makes the same as Messi. 300,000 p/w is about right to me, though.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Alexis stays.. anything else and we should all lose our ****. We want to be a top club competing against the best in CL.. what does it say about us if we cant even beat our rivals in england.. enough is enough, we need to win the title this season. We have waited and watched man utd/city and chelsea win it for long enough.

We have no excuses this year. We arent in CL so we should be pursuing the EPL and resting our good players in cup games.. im sick and tired of winning second rate cups and finishing 2nd-4th. Lets not kid ourselves, the Europa is a second rate cup.. how many people think Sevilla are a big club? How many people actually hate the fact that man utd won the europa last year? The same amount of people who care that we won the FA cup.. thats how many.

We win EPL and in the process we qualify for CL. Alexis stays. End of story
In an ideal world, we'd do all of those things. But we have a terrific tendency of shooting ourselves in the foot too enough. And believe me selling Alexis would be exactly that.

Mike Vinna

I could see him going to PSG. They have the potential and motivation to do well in the Champions League. That's basically the only goal they have right now because the french league will likely be theirs again if they get their act together.

However, this is an opportunity to show the club's strength for once. I always admired Dortmund for sticking the finger to Bayern and keeping Lewandowski for the last year of his contract..

EDIT: If we keep Alexis, add one more quality player and say **** it to the Europa League and domestic cups, then we could very well win the league and get Alexis to sign.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I could see him going to PSG. They have the potential and motivation to do well in the Champions League. That's basically the only goal they have right now because the french league will likely be theirs again if they get their act together.

However, this is an opportunity to show the club's strength for once. I always admired Dortmund for sticking the finger to Bayern and keeping Lewandowski for the last year of his contract..

He did awesome in that final year as well didn't sulk. 20 goals and 6 assists in 32 league games and 6 goals with 2 assists in 9 champions league games.

It can be done and it will help us massively if we keep him and let him go for free.

WizardOfAus

In an ideal world, we'd do all of those things. But we have a terrific tendency of shooting ourselves in the foot too enough. And believe me selling Alexis would be exactly that.

I completely agree.. but somehow every year after all the dissapointment i come back hoping things will change. As much as i didnt want is to finish out of the 4 this year i saw the silver lining of it.

I may be a stupid arsenal hopeful but things seem different this year, we've signed laca with over a month left in the window ffs.. we have ivan gazidis saying to fans that they are trying to sign lemar ffs. Lemar is a player who no one really knew before this year and we could potentially get close to or even break our transfer record on signing him. To top it all off we have wenger saying that alexis will honour his contract multiple times.. thats another £50 million.

Am i being a gullable fool? Please tell me if i am being a deluded arsenal fan like evey other year but i feel like arsenal and Arsène are approaching everything different this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom