• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Good-Advice

Let's not get carried away with Alexis' importance to the team. He can be a bit toxic and doesn't fit very well with our sons-in-law, we all know that.

As it was said before even the likes of Bendtner or Chamakh lead us to Champions League while Alexis couldn't. And we had far superior team last season than back then...

LacazetteAFC

Absolutely not.

Fabregas was always replaceable, be it with Cazorla or Özil.

RVP was replaceable, there were strikers out there that we could've signed but we chose not to/didn't have the financial power.

Now, even with the financial power we have give me one player that could bring to the table what Alexis does and contribute to 25+ goals a season.

Alexis isn't nearly as prolific as RVP. Who exactly could have replaced RVP that summer? A player that was averaging a goal a game for 12 months. No one. I'd rather replace Alexis with Mahrez/Lemar than what was available when RVP or Cesc left. Just getting in Lacazette will be a better replacement than what happened when RVP/Cesc left.

Özil and Cazorla haven't been near Fabregas level when he was here. And they took 1 and 2 years to come in.

Everything was built around Fabregas where he was here and everything went through him and it improved the team play. While much goes through Alexis here it generally ruins the team play

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Do you guys also realize the level of competition in EPL now compared to 5-7 years ago?

The level of stupidity on this thread just raised to a new high.

Reactions: A_G

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Alexis isn't nearly as prolific as RVP. Who exactly could have replaced RVP that summer? A player that was averaging a goal a game for 12 months. No one. I'd rather replace Alexis with Mahrez/Lemar than what was available when RVP or Cesc left. Just getting in Lacazette will be a better replacement than what happened when RVP/Cesc left.

Özil and Cazorla haven't been near Fabregas level when he was here. And they took 1 and 2 years to come in.

Everything was built around Fabregas where he was here and everything went through him and it improved the team play. While much goes through Alexis here it generally ruins the team play

Rubbish. Are you suggesting that there was NOBODY around who could've become a 20+ goal a season striker for us?

LacazetteAFC

Sanchez is not gonna get 50 M signing on fee. FFS...

What we really should do is make him train alone and tell him he will be on the bench for whole season unless he sign some sort of contract. Liverpool did it with Suarez. If we mess this up we desrrve to be the most hated club on the planet.

Ofcourse he will, if they're happy to pay it to a club, it's his market value and they'll pay it to him. United just happily did the same with Ibrahimovic, they were paying him something like 422k a week because there wasn't a transfer fee.

They'll likely agree to pay the 50m over the course of a contract. So probably 200k per week basic plus 320k a week (50m spread over a 3 year contract), so 520k a week all in. That'll buy allot of dog food.

400k a week is a comparative bargain.

LacazetteAFC

Rubbish. Are you suggesting that there was NOBODY around who could've become a 20+ goal a season striker for us?

Look you're clearly very young and obviously your experience of football doesn't go beyond MOTD but trying to compare 1 of the elite players in world football in RVP to 'a 20 goal a season striker', is ****ing *.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ofcourse he will, if they're happy to pay it to a club, it's his market value and they'll pay it to him. United just happily did the same with Ibrahimovic, they were paying him something like 422k a week because there wasn't a transfer fee.

They'll likely agree to pay the 50m over the course of a contract. So probably 200k per week basic plus 320k a week (50m spread over a 3 year contract), so 520k a week all in. That'll buy allot of dog food.

400k a week is a comparative bargain.

You genuinely think he'd get a 50m signing on fee? Are you mad?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Look you're clearly very young and obviously your experience of football doesn't go beyond MOTD but trying to compare 1 of the elite players in world football in RVP to 'a 20 goal a season striker', is ****ing *.

No need to be patronising? I said 20+. Can you even read? RVP only scored 20+ league goals for us in one season......................

Some people.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I suggest looking up demand and supply analysis and getting back to me.

The years wages he'd be earning for us on 300k a week would be £14.4m. Now, If he stays and goes on a free next year tell me why any club would give him more than that? You're being absolutely ridiculous. Do you even know how a signing on fee works and what the record signing on fee is? Players getting over 10m is unheard of ffs.

LacazetteAFC

No need to be patronising? I said 20+. Can you even read? RVP only scored 20+ league goals for us in one season......................

Some people.

Yes there is need to be patronising, you thought any random 20 goal a striker was an adequate replacement for our a 37 goal striker with the best technique, movement and link up amongst any number 9 in the world who in 2011 was averaging a goal a game and who in the next season.

RVP was more important for AFC than Alexis Sanchez for all those reasons. Although Alexis probably has a better highlight reel I'm sure.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes there is need to be patronising, you thought any random 20 goal a striker was an adequate replacement for our a 37 goal striker with the best technique, movement and link up amongst any number 9 in the world who in 2011 was averaging a goal a game and who in the next season.

RVP was more important for AFC than Alexis Sanchez for all those reasons. Although Alexis probably has a better highlight reel I'm sure.

SIGH.

I said 20+ can you not read? Alexis is a 20+ goal a season and 10+ assist LEFT FORWARD.

He's been doing it for 3/4 years every year. Unlike RVP.

You're boring.

LacazetteAFC

The years wages he'd be earning for us on 300k a week would be £14.4m. Now, If he stays and goes on a free next year tell me why any club would give him more than that? You're being absolutely ridiculous. Do you even know how a signing on fee works and what the record signing on fee is? Players getting over 10m is unheard of ffs.

Like I said learn demand and supply economics, it's basic economics/maths that he can demand a 50m signing on fee and 150k-200k wages and get it.

Calculate Alexis Sanchez 50m plus 200k wages over 3 years. The cost for any team would be on par with what teams are paying in fee and wages for the likes of Higuain, who was also 29.

The buying team doesn't care whether they pay the player or the selling team, that's irrelevant to them costing the players value.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like I said learn demand and supply economics, it's basic economics/maths that he can demand a 50m signing on fee and 150k-200k wages and get it.

Calculate Alexis Sanchez 50m plus 200k wages over 3 years. The cost for any team would be on par with what teams are paying in fee and wages for the likes of Higuain, who was also 29.

The buying team doesn't care whether they pay the player or the selling team, that's irrelevant to them costing the players value.

:lol::lol::lol:

LacazetteAFC

SIGH.

I said 20+ can you not read? Alexis is a 20+ goal a season and 10+ assist LEFT FORWARD.

He's been doing it for 3/4 years every year. Unlike RVP.

You're boring.

Yes you thought replacing RVP a 37 goal 10 assist striker with a 20+ striker made him 'replaceable'

Alexis has mainly played as a number 9/false 9 this year and occasionally as a left forward this year with better players than RVP when he smashed 37 goals and getting around 10 assists per season. And no Alexis hasn't been scoring 20+ goals for 3 years (not been here 4 years). He's done it once. No he isn't a 20 plus player on the left, he got 16/13 as a left forward. RVP was putting up better numbers when he was out half the time.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes you thought replacing RVP a 37 goal 10 assist striker with a 20+ striker made him 'replaceable'

Alexis has mainly played as a number 9/false 9 this year and occasionally as a left forward this year with better players than RVP when he smashed 37 goals and getting around 10 assists per season. And no Alexis hasn't been scoring 20+ goals for 3 years (not been here 4 years). He's done it once. No he isn't a 20 plus player on the left, he got 16/13 as a left forward. RVP was putting up better numbers when he was out half the time.

I find it hilarious that you're mentioning RVP's goals across all comps but when I do it with Alexis it doesn't count :lol::lol:

Mong.

LacazetteAFC

I find it hilarious that you're mentioning RVP's goals across all comps but when I do it with Alexis it doesn't count :lol::lol:

Mong.

Calling someone names when you don't understand basic maths doesn't do you any favours.

If you look at goals per game the difference in quality is pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom