• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If you reread my post I have absolutely no problem with the rest of France. I've spent about two years of my life there living independently and studied the language to degree and masters level.

It is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe with a wide range of landscapes. Just like I wouldn't judge the UK from just London I'm not judging France from Paris. That said I do find Paris to be a pretty dismal sh*thole.

It is a fair point to differentiate between Paris and the rest of France. I have spent much more time in Auvergne and the south than in Paris, and I have not been in Paris as long as two years. Why did you decide to stay as long as two years if you did not like it? I would imagine Toulouse or Montpellier could have been alternatives in terms of studies?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It is a fair point to differentiate between Paris and the rest of France. I have spent much more time in Auvergne and the south than in Paris, and I have not been in Paris as long as two years. Why did you decide to stay as long as two years if you did not like it? I would imagine Toulouse or Montpellier could have been alternatives in terms of studies?

Nah I didn't study in Paris, I've done semesters in Nice and Tours. And I've taught English in Toulouse, also lived briefly in Orleans as well. All were great places to live with some great people as well.

When I lived in Tours and Orleans they're not too far from Paris so we'd end up going there quite a bit. Honestly it's like another world, depresses you as soon as all the buildings appear on the train in.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Marseille ultras and Russian nutters attacked England fans in France. Obviously England fans were drunk mongs as usual though.

We don't have any probs with our English people working and living here. I actually think English are very polite and well-behaved people, but there in France it was a mess.

Bergkamp120

It's all coming out just now. I believe that this requires its own thread.

Paris United: Neymar to PSG is done. (This source is equivalent to Bouhafsi for PSG)

Neymar has communicated with team mates that his intention is to sign for PSG. [Le Parisien]

Samuel Umtiti told Lyon's ex-correspondant Y. Leroy that Neymar will be leaving Barcelona for PSG.

Many will say that this retaliation by PSG for Barca unsettling Verratti but Neymar's father was the one who made initial contact with PSG according to all of the reports. Something about being in the shadow of Messi.
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/the-reasons-why-neymar-is-unsettled-at-barca-6182296

I think they would be wise to use the 220 million to go after two or three of Coutinho, Dembele, Dybala, Hazard, and Thiago

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
It's all coming out now. I believe that this requires its own thread.

Paris United: Neymar to PSG is done. (this source is equivalent to Bouhafsi for PSG)

Neymar has communicated with team mates that his intention is to sign for PSG. [Le Parisien]

Samuel Umtiti told Lyon's ex-correspondant Y. Leroy that Neymar will be leaving Barcelona for PSG

Many will say that this retaliation by PSG for Barca unsettling Verratti but Neymar's father was the one who made initial contact with PSG according to all of the report. Something about being in the shadow of Mesis.

Apparently he is tired to be the second option after Messi. PSG is willing and able to give him a salary in the Messi/Ronaldo range as well. Dany Alves who is close to Neymar is also pushing hard behind the scenes. Really intrigued by this saga and to see how it will end. If PSG can get him, it will be a major blow to the mighty Barca.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Holy ****, this is basically the end of Barcelona.

Yeah,looks like Real is set to dominate in next few seasons.Barca is done,Bayern is weaker than in previous seasons.English clubs don't look strong enough.I don't think that Juve will be that good in CL like last season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He should always be the star player. Barce was a crazy move with how they stifled him.

Hope to see the Santos style back!

Being Brazilian the big individual player awards are huge goals.

BobP

Memri Fan
Yeah,looks like Real is set to dominate in next few seasons.Barca is done,Bayern is weaker than in previous seasons.English clubs don't look strong enough.I don't think that Juve will be that good in CL like last season.

Real are doing some fine work.

Although they've won the CL back to back, they've haven't become complacent. They've done well to develop some talents through their academy, to hoard up and coming Spanish talents, and to pick up 'wonderkids' from abroad.

They're doing everything they can to create a proper dynasty.

In contrast, Barcelona rested on their laurels, their work in the transfer market, even during their peak years was, for the most part, abysmal. Their academy is in tatters, with the best coaches having already left and the most promising youngsters heading for other clubs.

Oh_Snap

This is actually gif-worthy news.

giphy.gif

and also a reminder that this music video exists.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Real are doing some fine work.

Although they've won the CL back to back, they've haven't become complacent. They've done well to develop some talents through their academy, to hoard up and coming Spanish talents, and to pick up 'wonderkids' from abroad.

They're doing everything they can to create a proper dynasty.

In contrast, Barcelona rested on their laurels, their work in the transfer market, even during their peak years was, for the most part, abysmal. Their academy is in tatters, with the best coaches having already left and the most promising youngsters heading for other clubs.

It goes by both ways.Real have quality side right now and they're the best team in the world at the moment.At almost every position they have good players and they also have strong bench.On the other hand there is no real strong competition right now.They can use that in right way.I can't remember such a bad football era tbh.

Barca can be in problems.They had some bad spells since 2006 when they started to be so dominant but right now everything looks kinda **** for them.Messi,Suarez,Iniesta will be older.Who will replace them ? And like you said their Academy didn't find some world-class talent for long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom