• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,896

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel9090

Im all for positivity and I know we'll have our players back soon, we all know that, what we wanna know is why do we start with a **** defence for 2 seasons now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Cech - Mistake for the first goal but decent game overall, saved our skin with the Vardy thing

Holding - Typical young defender performance

Monreal - Can't be blamed, he's gone from LB to CB in a back three in two years.

Kola - Can't wait till he gets to play wing back.

Bellerin - has never been great on the ball but let's just hope he's rusty

Ox - Don't rate him as left wingback but he was ok.

Xhaka and Elneny - Both stared off very well, Elneny seemed to get scared as the game went on and became the vanilla guy we know. Xhaka played decently well tbh, bar the mistake.

Özil - Passing wasn't coming off but he set up Welbeck for a big chance and most importantly for me he got more involved than I'm used to seeing from him. That's what matters from him, the rest will follow.

Welbeck- had a decent game, had some good surprisingly intricate touches in the first half was managing to link up with Özil?! He also scored but yeah just laugh at him instead.

Lacazette - Great header and also showed glimpses that he may be able to create his own chances once he gets more comfortable, encouraging. He could be the guy.

Big Olly G (as usual) and Ramsey saved our bacon.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That'd be a start. But will that alone make us not look all over the place? I doubt it.
What we're lacking is a leader in the back to keep everybody organized, because it obviously isn't happening off the pitch. That's why players like Tony Adams were special. Coaches like Mourinho spend a lot of time drilling it into the team psyche and coming up with defensive systems. We seem to do that for a few games and then it all goes pear shaped. Seem so to me that need a leader to keep us honest.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
El Nenny should never start again for us.

Xhaka, new midfielder, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Joe Willock, Chamberlain, Bellerin, Monreal, Seo, Giroud, Wenger should all be ahead of El Nenny.

Our team is such a mixed bag it's difficult to tell. Elneny was great against Chelsea. Maybe there's a case for him starting difficult away games? I don't know anymore.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Look there is that warm down I've talked about and how much a non playing on the bench Wilshere will have to do if he is part of a match day squad three games per week.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Now over to all the rival forums to taste the salt.

a0G0k_s-200x150.gif
I used to love doing that. You know what being said though. 'They were lucky', 'they wont win sh!t', 'Wenger is done', 'Özil is a *****'....

All correct, sadly. :p

TheLawOfDiQ

Such an impressive victory considering our home fans do absolutely no favors to the team. By far the worst home fans in the league, glad it didn`t seem to affect the new boys.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Don't think Holding is capable right now at playing that RCB role. Not aggressive enough out wide to press out wide. Maybe due to a lack of pace but he was badly exposed today. Expected goals highlighted our overperformance defensively with a back 3 last season. With Mustafi at RCB and Monreal at LCB it's an option but I think we should consider going back to 4 man defence.

3 shots on target, 3 goals. ****ing hell, it came back to bite us. :lol:

But yeah, our defence was a joke, when we get our 1st choice defenders back it'll be better.

Luckily we were incredible going forward.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We made Andy Carrol look like Zlatan and Troy Deeney like the second coming of Emile Heskey. Today our defense handed Vardy a cape and turned him into Superman.
Im gonna watch this 1000 times tonight, no sleep.

I'm ****ing buzzing
Can't wait to see Linekers face when they show that "significant" Özil handball 5 times on MotD. Again a pre-assist for our German Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom