• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Stoke City vs Arsenal | 19/08/2017 | 17:30 BST (16:30 UTC) | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Stoke City will Win

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Arsenal will Win

Votes: 66 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

Put me on ignore if you wish -- doesn't mean you haven't been posting nonsense all day.

Are you saying that welbeck didn't outmuscle, made darting runs behind the cbs and had great chances to score? I mean forget the goals, he was **** I agree with you but his overall game was good. the guy just doesn't position himself properly to shoot. Other than that he played very well.

so basically, a striker had a bad day (and yes welbeck has had many but other than his shooting his gameplay was amazing no?) LET'S NOT MENTION THAT

You're wrong because the only way he will get out of that **** phase he's having is BY PLAYING and scoring like Giroud did.

Not much to say that hasn't been said already. Another frustrating loss. Giroud asked to come on once again and bail us out, but his strengths are dampened somewhat by a back line like Stoke's with a bus parked in front. Tough calls/no calls, no surprise there though, really. My largest gripe was Wenger's team selection and substitutions. Real head scratchers. Is he just pulling names out of his? Laca should never come off for theo when a team is ahead and the bus parked. Truly dreadful.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
You're wrong because the only way he will get out of that **** phase he's having is BY PLAYING and scoring like Giroud did.
I might agree but for the fact that Welbeck has never been a decent finisher and it's not something that can be improved by playing especially not at his age. Mourinho played Shevchenko until he scored but a top class player was nevertheless destroyed. A decent wide forward benches Welbeck and Walcott. Both are nice guys but not top players.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Wenger stockpiled all the dross over the years, gave stupid contracts to them and now he's using it as excuse why we can't stregthen our team. What a player.
This in a nutshell we are still paying for being stingey 5 years ago. Honestly we are miles behind. Chelsea were not in the cl but got kante why did we not go all in for him. The summer we only bought cech was a disaster, we are still paying for it. Our rivals all of them have had problems and we did not take advantage at any point!

Emmanueleboue2

The referee team was shocking, could have had 3 penalties and we scored a legit goal. That said we were also absolutely shocking. We should be brushing sides like stoke away at ease

ozb.81

What's the mistake?

All hail Wenger, he who can do no wrong.

First of all, I believe Arsenal will be champion this season. There is no doubt!

But 3 points are very important in such matches. Even if it's trivial.

Okay, Arsène is definitely a good manager but i don't understand that. Giroud didn't start in the first eleven. Was not it the wrong decision?

If you do not agree with my opinion, look at the number of shots before Giroud, please.

alexisales

First of all, I believe Arsenal will be champion this season. There is no doubt!

Okay, Arséne is definitely a good manager but i don't understand that. Giroud didn't start in the first eleven. Was not it the wrong decision?

If you do not agree with my opinion, look at the number of shots before Giroud, please.
are you mentally ill?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The referee team was shocking, could have had 3 penalties and we scored a legit goal. That said we were also absolutely shocking. We should be brushing sides like stoke away at ease

Why should we be brushing them away. Maybe we are exactly at the level we should be with our current set up? I've seen nothing over the past few seasons to indicate anything else.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Okay, Arséne is definitely a good manager but i don't understand that. Giroud didn't start in the first eleven. Was not it the wrong decision?

I thought we could win the league but today has knocked my belief. Half-expecting a big signing and expecting Alexis to stay.

I understand why Giroud didn't start - £50 million plus worth of Lacazette!

It has been said we played the three players we did at the back because we expected to dominate possession and have to defend breaks. Under that thinking then Giroud might have started but it could only be WITH Lacazette, not instead of him.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Please explain what we did wrong today. Provide proper sourcing and elaborate.

@MODS: can we rate posts like based on knowledge and completeness or if it's just sensationalism?

Surely the shambolic display deserves no further mention. Everything went wrong.

Lacaz1fan

Why exactly was Wenger trying to disturb the team balance by playing Bellerin out of position to accommodate Ox. Ox was energetic but has zero output and very little footballing brain. Hoofing shots when he could pick a pass is not what great players do. Sell him to Chelsea.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Saw team before I went out, just got home, didn't know the result, just found out, not surprised. Played 2 lost one #WengerOut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom