• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | Arsenal v FC Köln | 14/09/17 21:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wait are people seriously blowing it over AMN performance in the midfield? A lot of sideways and backways passes and Köln got to walk a few times through middle and have a shot at our goals.

Better teams would have destroyed that space him and Elneny left behind.
He look more comfortable playing there it's his best position

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Elneny give 6/10 performance every time he in the pitch that why he called squad player he not s**t and he not quality he just decent player

He look more comfortable playing there it's his best position

Yeah he clearly looks more comfortable there. He plays with zero idea how to move the ball forward, no creativity or flair. In midfield he can just stand there pass the ball sideways or back or to next man and let him do the job... As Full back he has to attack so he is very uncomfortable. But with that he didn't defend all that well either. Köln got a lot of space to attack behind Elneny and AMN...

Next step for AMN is to start play with more conviction and show more character. Hope to see him coming more out of the shell as he gets more experience!

what game were you watching?He is stealing a leaving at this point & I don't even hate Theo.....that much

He made some very dangerous run. Our two goals came because of danger from him. Very good performance. Most would have creamed them self if he costed 50 million and where from France!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Happy that Wenger changed our system with three in the middle instead of two. That changed the rhythm of our game.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Walcott with 2/10 performance missed 2 good chances his first touch still awful and been offside about 10 times today.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
What I liked was the tactical intelligence in MF in the second half. Yes,Koln got through our lines a fair bit but Elneny and AMN did so well defensively in the final third without conceding pen or fk. I didn't have the panic I get with Ramsey/Xhaka. Monreal,Per and most of the team were mentally switched on tonight and we look better with intelligent players.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
If we had started 4-3-3 from the first half then the game would have been over at HT Niles played much better as CM and Iwobi as AM Wenger need to stop playinplaying people people at positions they never play in.

Spot on have been adressing this for ages with our 343 formation.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah he clearly looks more comfortable there. He plays with zero idea how to move the ball forward, no creativity or flair. In midfield he can just stand there pass the ball sideways or back or to next man and let him do the job... As Full back he has to attack so he is very uncomfortable. But with that he didn't defend all that well either. Köln got a lot of space to attack behind Elneny and AMN...

Next step for AMN is to start play with more conviction and show more character. Hope to see him coming more out of the shell as he gets more experience!

Have to disagree with your analysis of AMN. If anything you are describing Elneny. AMN increases the pace of the game as he doesnt dwell on the ball. He moves with pace after every pass and he does play between the lines quite often. Defensively his positioning is good but he needs to improve on closing down. However his recovery pace is excellent.

It was so obvious that he was much better in the middle the commentator who probably barely knew him noticed it.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Think Bellerin is about to hit form again.. He looks motivated and seems strong mentally. I have a good feeling about this season for him.

More suited as a RB than a rwb and I hope we switch back to a back 4 soon.. He'll have better end product than Ox too.

Have to disagree with your analysis of AMN. If anything you are describing Elneny. AMN increases the pace of the game as he doesnt dwell on the ball. He moves with pace after every pass and he does play between the lines quite often. Defensively his positioning is good but he needs to improve on closing down. However his recovery pace is excellent.

It was so obvious that he was much better in the middle the commentator who probably barely knew him noticed it.

Well I respect your opinion although we disagree. But maybe it is good to compare AMN with Elneny. Very much like players. They like to have the game at slow pace and only feel comfortable when the other team is not pressing.

No surprise they played better after Köln fell off and only semi closed them down.

They still left tons of space behind them and Köln got a lot of space to attack in the end of the game. Better team would have destroyed that midfield.

I like to see AMN play with more conviction, more with an idea and more out of his shell. Hopefully this is the season he will kill the boy and let the man be born!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

BIG John Hartson there. Kept talking about how comfortable and technical he was.

arsmile

Established Member
things i thought-

elneny was the only guy who played well for the whole game

the change when we went to 4 at the back was incredible.

now that we are going all in with bellerin and kolasinac as dead certs for the flanks- they are both better as fullbacks- it may seem like a more defensive position- but they both affected the game offensively from there- kolasinac proved he can turn a game round from that position and bellerin had his best performance in months.

particularly what else stood out- elneny-AMN looked so good in CM because they both pretty much sat- if we could get 2 CMS to do that- to give our CBs the cover and allow our FBS to go forward- it's when we look our very best- it's the tactic we should be considering. Whether we ask ramsey to do that- or replace him.

strange how AMN suddenly looks like a player again when he's not playing at LWB or CB like he did all preseason.

Alexis didn't play well but he did win us the game with some pure quality

theo Walcott is just the worst...the absolute worst...he can't keep possession at the best of times...and he's currently in the worst of times- how he gets a single minute over anyone else at the club is bewildering- one of the main reasons we improved with the formation change is it shunted him out to RW- it meant he didn't get in the way of the play when it came in the middle and we could essentially just pretend he isn't there and get bellerin to do what he would be doing if he was any good. Asking him to use strength/intelligence/whatever in an inside forward position of a front 3 is pathetic- it looks so bad. He is not better at RW- he just gets in the way less.

I think our best team might be

lacazette
alexis-Özil-(ramsey/wilshere/Welbeck/iwobi)
xhaka-elneny
Kolasinac-monreal-koscielny-bellerin
Cech

Think Bellerin is about to hit form again.. He looks motivated and seems strong mentally. I have a good feeling about this season for him.

More suited as a RB than a rwb and I hope we switch back to a back 4 soon.. He'll have better end product than Ox too.

Bellerin is brilliant. Always maintained that. 10x the character Ox will ever be.

Hope he will have good season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Does anyone still wonder why we always make the same mistakes? :lol:

Wenger after the game:
"We had a slow start and there was an accidental goal. After that it was important not to concede and panic and put more pace into our game. From then. we controlled the game and won convincingly in the end."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom