• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | Arsenal v FC Köln | 14/09/17 21:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Quite a bit different to nobody ever being able to stop him when fit, that :)

Look - I get what you're trying to say, his biggest problem has been injuries but I also feel that his injuries are caused by his playing style yet if you take that away from him you take plenty else.

He's definitely got it in him to come back but I think he struggled to assert himself after Özil arrived and Cazorla was still fit because they were both better players in his position. This season will be a test of his character.

Knowing our luck, he'll come back into ridiculous form and refuse to sign a new contract :lol:
I don't think anyone has ever really stopped him playing though. He's generally been in form when he's been fit and I personally can't think of a time when a fit Wilshere has been bossed by anyone. There's never really been a time when you can say someone pocketed him. His injuries are really what has done that. I agree that his style of play may have contributed and it will remain to be seen whether he makes changes or not and whether that has any bearing on his fitness and/or performance going forward. But I 100% do believe that in periods uninterrupted by injury he has been consistently able to impose himself on matches without much issue. I don't expect everyone to agree but to my eyes that has been the case.

arsmile

Established Member
It took two moments of individual brilliance to open up the Koln defence. Would you be praising them if we had lost or drawn that game? We'll always be relying on individual brilliance starting passengers in midfield.

In a season/era where we are consistntly losing matches because of an irresponsible midfield- id certainly take a cm which will not lose you the game over one that will cause you to concede and double the goals youd need to score from moments of brilliance to get a result.

Plan a should not be that youre going to win through some incredible cm play. If they run around, stand in the right place and dont lose the ball- thsts more conducive of victories than whatever nonsense Ramsey has been offering so far.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The German invasion was weird, the bought membership and Arsenal shirts to get in. Would have be quality if Robbie got in on it and got a Koln fan to dress up as Ty and come in, headphones and all.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I liked AMN in midfield.
He was tidy, making some confident passes and it is a shame he didn't score after that brilliant combo-run.

Reckon if he continues playing in Europa and League Cup, he will start to be considered a solid bench option when hectic fixture comes after November.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Didn't watch the game but glad we won.

Never thought the Cologne Fans would go that far, but it was their first EC game in 25 years and it'll be one of their last as well by the looks of their current form in Bundesliga.

Now on to Chelsea.

CJJ

Established Member
Koln should really be sanctioned for their fans' behavior.

Either that, or we should go drench their streets in piss and storm the stadium for the return fixture.
Possibly.. but atleast they have loud fans.. I've been saying this for so long but i hate how quiet Emirates are. They basically took over our home ground yesterday.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I've now watched Alexis highlights from the game

Not as invisible as i first stated just before the goal, he just had dinkeys on the end of those passes.

Kola coming on helped him but Alexis had some nifty passing going on before that to, we didn't miss Özil as much as i thought we would
Alexis for sure can deputize in that amc role and we wont be lacking

And imagine he Kinda doesnt want to be here...

Iwobi didn't embarass himself

But plz Jehova let this be the last time el neny plays

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I've now watched Alexis highlights from the game

Not as invisible as i first stated just before the goal, he just had dinkeys on the end of those passes.

Kola coming on helped him but Alexis had some nifty passing going on before that to, we didn't miss Özil as much as i thought we would
Alexis for sure can deputize in that amc role and we wont be lacking

And imagine he Kinda doesnt want to be here...

Iwobi didn't embarass himself

But plz Jehova let this be the last time el neny plays
I thought el neny had a decent game overall...

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Jacks injuries tend to come from him enthusiastically diving into unnecessary tackles

A lot have, but his most recent layoff from injury, whilst playing for us, came from Manchester United's McNair, if I'm not mistaken.

Committing to a tackle to intercept the ball is something I'll always enthusiastically want our lads to do. 50/50 tackles always carry that bit of danger but it's an acceptable one if the chance yielded from it leads to a winning goal.

Being targeted & taken out of the game effectively by opposition is another thing entirely. Though I might've been hypothesizing as I doubt Jack will be in the starting lineup anyway :lol:

Keplaz

I watched the game on an Irish channel and they seemed so happy when we were losing. Everyone talks about wins papering over cracks and how the win over Bournemouth was just that. Do they want us to throw the game? Shall we allow the cracks to swallow us whole and lose every game? What's the point of saying that over and over? Even when we turned it round they were complaining about what could have happened against better opposition. I really hope we go on a run and smash Chelsea too but we won't.

Also don't know why Wenger doesn't start games with tactical nous. Playing AMN at LWB and Iwobi as a CM is bonkers! Do players just not have defined positions anymore? Iwobi has clearly been watching Ramsey as his midfield play was ill disciplined. Game completely changed when Wenger moved players into positions they actually play in.

Watching Arsenal lately gives me no joy. Feels like masochism at the moment. Like constantly pulling scabs before they heal even though you know they'll bleed. Even the win didn't really make me feel better because I know that on Sunday, the hope I feel will be trampled on by bad team selections, poorly thought out tactics and demotivated square pegs forced into round holes.

Keplaz

A lot have, but his most recent layoff from injury, whilst playing for us, came from Manchester United's McNair, if I'm not mistaken.

Committing to a tackle to intercept the ball is something I'll always enthusiastically want our lads to do. 50/50 tackles always carry that bit of danger but it's an acceptable one if the chance yielded from it leads to a winning goal.

Being targeted & taken out of the game effectively by opposition is another thing entirely. Though I might've been hypothesizing as I doubt Jack will be in the starting lineup anyway :lol:
A butcher's tackle that went unpunished.

Jae

The German invasion was weird, the bought membership and Arsenal shirts to get in.

The club have confirmed this morning that no tickets were on general sale and that they stopped anyone who bought a Red Membership AFTER the draw from being able to purchase tickets for EL games - meaning anyone who managed to get into the home end had bought tickets from touts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom