• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | Arsenal v FC Köln | 14/09/17 21:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmile

Established Member
i'm surprised to see people criticising the AMN-ELNENY CM in the second half.

Calling them dull/boring/unambitious?

It was because they were both responsible with the ball, safe in possession, and strong defensively- that we looked solid enough once we removed defenders. Ramsey is exciting in CM because he's rarely there and doesn't take any of his CM responsibilities seriously. It makes an awful lot of sense to have a CM partnership who prioritise being careful with the ball and not exposing the defence- Particularly when you are winning the game with your fullbacks.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
now that we are going all in with bellerin and kolasinac as dead certs for the flanks- they are both better as fullbacks- it may seem like a more defensive position- but they both affected the game offensively from there- kolasinac proved he can turn a game round from that position and bellerin had his best performance in months.

100% agree with this.. Hopefully we switch to 4 at the back as main and only use 3 at the back occasionally.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Watching the highlights, yes Ospina made an error but the decision to come out was spot on. It's a pity he didn't get more distance on the clearance as the defence didn't see the Koln runner who would surely have got a shot on target.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I would absolutely love that but only if Wenger play every player in the position they good at

Watching the highlights, yes Ospina made an error but the decision to come out was spot on. It's a pity he didn't get more distance on the clearance as the defence didn't see the Koln runner who would surely have got a shot on target.

Can't think of anything but Ospina was trying to kick the ball to team mate.

Should know when you get so far out as GK you kick the ball to the other end.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I blame the back line rather than Ospina. They shouldn't have let anyone get behind them like that in the first place. Then when Ospina came out to clear he had to just give the ball kind of a quick poke rather than a full kick because a Koln player was almost right in front of him. If he hadn't done it quickly the ball might have ricocheted off the player toward the goal. Kind of just one of those things on Ospina's part.

Just very happy Arsenal rebounded and got the win.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I blame the back line rather than Ospina. They shouldn't have let anyone get behind them like that in the first place. Then when Ospina came out to clear he had to just give the ball kind of a quick poke rather than a full kick because a Koln player was almost right in front of him. If he hadn't done it quickly the ball might have ricocheted off the player toward the goal. Kind of just one of those things on Ospina's part.

Just very happy Arsenal rebounded and got the win.
The goal was defense fault even after ospina clearance our defence stand watching Cordoba control the ball turn and shoot without putting any pressure

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Do you really believe that? o_O
I tend to believe the truth. You can't point to too many matches where a Wilshere who had few games under his belt was bossed in midfield. A fit Jack Wilshere in the midst of a healthy spell generally will perform for you. The problem is how few and far between those spells have been. That doesn't erase his quality though. He's a brilliant player when his body allows and I stand by that.

I just watched the highlights. What should have been two Walcott goals, weren't, due to him being crap.

Can't believe he still has two years left. Obviously no one is gonna sign him with the wages he's on......

Giroud

Established Member
Putting the result aside - Which brain box at Arsenal decided to offer up 20000 away tickets exactly? Or is that a UEFA rule / decision? That is a third of our stadium filled with away fans. Are we purposely giving the away team an edge? The logic behind it completely perplexes me - no doubt its money driven in some way. You see how empty the home support sections are, which does not help. Its quiet at the Emirates at the best of times. That first half was like an away game for us. If every Europa game is going to be like this at home then god help us. We should have the upper hand on our own turf but we have given ourselves a massive handicap in that away support ticket allocation.

Arsenal fans sold their tickets for profit and touts got hold of tickets. The club are not at fault.

On the other hand you can't really blame the fans for giving up their tickets to another snooze-fest at the Emirates. Premier League games are soulless and that's the sad reality. I was at Stamford Bridge last season for the Arsenal game and you could hear a pin drop at times despite Chelsea battering their London rivals 3-0. Sad times.

A few months earlier I was at the O Classico in Portugal to see Porto at home to Benfica. The two Porto ultra groups created two huge displays all by themselves prior to the game covering both the north and south stands. Flares, fireworks, flags, non-stop chanting from both sides and no one got hurt. Both set of fans properly invested in their clubs and enjoying the evening out creating a fantastic atmosphere. In the end it was a much better experience than the Premier League for a fraction of the cost.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He made some very dangerous run. Our two goals came because of danger from him. Very good performance. Most would have creamed them self if he costed 50 million and where from France!
what????????????Please tell me you are trolling.....He was getting caught offside the whole game,missed chances & anonymous throughout the game
Nobody even tries to buy him,50 million....give me a break

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal fans sold their tickets for profit and touts got hold of tickets. The club are not at fault.

On the other hand you can't really blame the fans for giving up their tickets to another snooze-fest at the Emirates. Premier League games are soulless and that's the sad reality. I was at Stamford Bridge last season for the Arsenal game and you could hear a pin drop at times despite Chelsea battering their London rivals 3-0. Sad times.

A few months earlier I was at the O Classico in Portugal to see Porto at home to Benfica. The two Porto ultra groups created two huge displays all by themselves prior to the game covering both the north and south stands. Flares, fireworks, flags, non-stop chanting from both sides and no one got hurt. Both set of fans properly invested in their clubs and enjoying the evening out creating a fantastic atmosphere. In the end it was a much better experience than the Premier League for a fraction of the cost.
from the highlights, I hear Koln supporters had a drum

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Koln should really be sanctioned for their fans' behavior.

Either that, or we should go drench their streets in piss and storm the stadium for the return fixture.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I tend to believe the truth. You can't point to too many matches where a Wilshere who had few games under his belt was bossed in midfield. A fit Jack Wilshere in the midst of a healthy spell generally will perform for you. The problem is how few and far between those spells have been. That doesn't erase his quality though. He's a brilliant player when his body allows and I stand by that.

Quite a bit different to nobody ever being able to stop him when fit, that :)

Look - I get what you're trying to say, his biggest problem has been injuries but I also feel that his injuries are caused by his playing style yet if you take that away from him you take plenty else.

He's definitely got it in him to come back but I think he struggled to assert himself after Özil arrived and Cazorla was still fit because they were both better players in his position. This season will be a test of his character.

Knowing our luck, he'll come back into ridiculous form and refuse to sign a new contract :lol:

BBF

i'm surprised to see people criticising the AMN-ELNENY CM in the second half.

Calling them dull/boring/unambitious?

It was because they were both responsible with the ball, safe in possession, and strong defensively- that we looked solid enough once we removed defenders. Ramsey is exciting in CM because he's rarely there and doesn't take any of his CM responsibilities seriously. It makes an awful lot of sense to have a CM partnership who prioritise being careful with the ball and not exposing the defence- Particularly when you are winning the game with your fullbacks.

It took two moments of individual brilliance to open up the Koln defence. Would you be praising them if we had lost or drawn that game? We'll always be relying on individual brilliance starting passengers in midfield.

Wryer

Glad to see us changing formations mid game.

However, im not sure whether it was to tweak our approach, or to protect Holding.

Not sure what's happened to the young man, but he needs to take some time off to refocus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom