• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford v Arsenal | October 14 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakySami

El Neny adds absolutely nothing, I can't believe Wenger starts him over Wilshere.

Troy Deeney's right but none of that stuff would have mattered if we'd created more earlier in the game.
We did create and that guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think you're wrong. Over the years arsenal would fight and fight. Our players would get roughed up and would respond but we would get punished for it by the fa, by the referees mostly who seem to relish the fact that they can give arsenal red cards and by the hypocrite media. Arsène used to tell the two mids to fight and be courageous, now he does that and the guy gets 5 red cards for nothing which put the team in a bad situation.

I think sometimes after a period of criticism (11-13 years) you start believing that the fa, media and pundits are right, but they are not. There was a witch Hunt against xhaka last year like there was a witch Hunt against Vieira in his final two years. I hope we can be brave once again like we used to and sure the passion we had. I don't have time to describe passion like I want it, I'll do that in another post.
Oh stop it. I'm not even remotely wrong. We have a team full of pansies. They're not afraid of being carded, they don't want to get stuck in. Decisions go against them and they don't even protest. You're just another Wenger apologist desperately searching for a hole to pull an excuse out of. Enough. The well is dry. The team is soft and timid like the manager. Squad cost doesn't fly against Watford so now it's something else. The players and manager don't care. That's the problem.

FreakySami

Oh stop it. I'm not even remotely wrong. We have a team full of pansies. They're not afraid of being carded, they don't want to get stuck in. Decisions go against them and they don't even protest. You're just another Wenger apologist desperately searching for a hole to pull an excuse out of. Enough. The well is dry. The team is soft and timid like the manager. Squad cost doesn't fly against Watford so now it's something else. The players and manager don't care. That's the problem.

Lol you must have no idea of the history of the last 20 years

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I think you're wrong. Over the years arsenal would fight and fight. Our players would get roughed up and would respond but we would get punished for it by the fa, by the referees mostly who seem to relish the fact that they can give arsenal red cards and by the hypocrite media. Arsène used to tell the two mids to fight and be courageous, now he does that and the guy gets 5 red cards for nothing which put the team in a bad situation.

I think sometimes after a period of criticism (11-13 years) you start believing that the fa, media and pundits are right, but they are not. There was a witch Hunt against xhaka last year like there was a witch Hunt against Vieira in his final two years. I hope we can be brave once again like we used to and sure the passion we had. I don't have time to describe passion like I want it, I'll do that in another post.

What are you banging on about? These recent crop of players are soft as butter left out in the sun. Are you saying Wenger has given them explicit directions not to mix it up as a tactical directive? Maybe he makes them take selfies as well? :lol:

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Lol you must have no idea of the history of the last 20 years
Clearly I've got a better perspective of it than you. A handful of incidents of our players being treated harshly by a referee vs dozens of batterings because our players are afraid of contact. I think you'll find that my version of things is more in line with what's happened than your excuse making. Excuse making is what has gotten us to this point by the way, so if you want to continue to be an apologist for failure and thus a part of the problem you go right ahead.

FreakySami

Clearly I've got a better perspective of it than you. A handful of incidents of our players being treated harshly by a referee vs dozens of batterings because our players are afraid of contact. I think you'll find that my version of things is more in line with what's happened than your excuse making. Excuse making is what has gotten us to this point by the way, so if you want to continue to be an apologist for failure and thus a part of the problem you go right ahead.
Only fair to say that you along with the fa don't give a **** about bring fair to arsenal as long as it sells. They don't give a **** about England in the world cup or player development because they keep letting the game being refereed the way it is. If they cared about any of that, they would force their referees to actually ref the Continental way or champions league way. But they don't care as long as it sells.

On the arsenal subject, we changed styles 3-4 years ago where it was obvious we needed more structure because we were losing games and getting Superstar players (2) and not developing our own. We can't even get youngsters anymore to join us because as soon as we sniff around , we get outbid.

Let me give you a reality check. The truth is, we cannot compete financially, we cannot compete in the scouting department and we cannot fire managers left and right. And so we do can because the **** owner doesn't give a ****.

Oh by the way, if we could just have the team healthy for more than 1 week a season, it would be ducking fantastic. The manager listens to his medical staff. What else do you want him to do but that. His problem is giving a **** about the club emotionally. I wish he never did because he would slash a few people but he doesn't.

We are in a big hole and it didn't start 3 years ago, it started 8-9 years ago and I'm not talking about the manager

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

Ah yes, the anti-Arsenal conspiracy bit. Was wondering when we’d see that pop up. Can’t possibly be that Wenger’s long-term inadequacies have had some lasting, psychological effect (outside of his influence upon squad composition and tactics) on attitude / playstyle, right? He’s just doing the best he can in the face of insurmountable, backroom power-brokering.

Last edited:

FreakySami

Ah yes, the anti-Arsenal conspiracy bit. Was wondering when we’d see that pop up. Can’t possibly be that Wenger’s long-term inadequacies have had some lasting, psychological effect (outside of his influence upon squad composition and tactics) on attitude / playstyle, right? He’s just doing the best he can in the face of insurmountable, backroom power-brokering.

I think it's fair for you to say that because you don't see me criticize the manager which I do but I don't usually do it online because I see people that are only negative in an extreme way and I'm baffled by their negativity and so I don't post it. This doesn't mean my comment up top isn't valid.

I think he could have put wilshere for Kos and switched to 4 at the back like in the first game of the season. It would have help with the shape and soften their wide play

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

How much more can you expect from a team that fields players like Welbeck, Iwobi and Elneny in their starting lineup?
Any team that fields these three players cannot expect more than mid-table. How far we have sunk. Mediocre is the word that comes to mind.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Mass media told Troy Deeney and Big Sam to come on TV and make up the stuff about "weak" Arsenal, of course.
Remember the famous SAF's joke about Sp**s?
Now I can imagine Deeney (and not only him) saying something similar about us before the games, "Lads, it’s Arsenal".
Embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

"Arsenal are autopiloting deeper into stale mediocrity, navigating its way into beige football purgatory greenlit by a club that has no sporting values, just a deeply unpleasant dedication to an old man who is so painfully out of his depth, he’s being trolled by Troy Deeney.

Are you even angry? No. Nor me. I’m just flatlined, drained into zombie-like indifference.
"

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

10 March 2018 - Troy Deeny should be booted so hard up the Arse he lands in the beer garden of the Tollington pub.

But will they? :confused:

goonerwarsh

Established Member
"Arsenal are autopiloting deeper into stale mediocrity, navigating its way into beige football purgatory greenlit by a club that has no sporting values, just a deeply unpleasant dedication to an old man who is so painfully out of his depth, he’s being trolled by Troy Deeney.

Are you even angry? No. Nor me. I’m just flatlined, drained into zombie-like indifference.
"

Harsh words but well written. Where's that from?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Harsh words but well written. Where's that from?

Ha ha, historically anti-wenger blog known as "Le Grove". But it should be made clear the long standing pro-Wenger blog "Arseblog" has also turned on him in the last season (albeit very mildly), after consistently backing him for a decade.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ha ha, historically anti-wenger blog known as "Le Grove". But it should be made clear the long standing pro-Wenger blog "Arseblog" has also turned on him in the last season (albeit very mildly), after consistently backing him for a decade.
Can you blame them? Everyone is turning on him now as his arrogance blinds him more and more.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Could be a touchline ban if they charge him, the FA probably still have the "dishonest to your federation" incident in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom