• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, Nov. 18 @ 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Still can`t understand how someone can hate Wenger. Want him gone, being extremely frustrated with him, fine, but hate him. That`s quite something considering what he has done for the club and simply for the fact that he seems to be a a very decent human being.

Amen to that....I didn't see it before posting my comment. I can't wrap my head around this either.

STATS

Credit to @STATS he knew what all the pundits and football writers didn't. There's a lot more than two or three of our players would get in that Sp**s squad. :lol:
Was a great performance all around. We played like we wanted it far more than them.
I would have chosen wilshere instead of Özil, but by god, I think he was sublime. Best I have seen him play for a long long time. MOTM for me.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Brilliant performance by the team. Solid defense and fluid passing. Above all, our players have started trying to hit the ball far away from the keeper instead of targeting his belly. I would still point out a couple of areas to improve:
1) Starting jitters - Team seems to make some mistakes and be incoherent in the beginning of matches. Koscielny made two bad errors in the first ten minutes. Lucky that we were not punished. I understand that the first few minutes can be nervy in a high pressure match. But we these mistakes can turn costly in the future.
2) Counter attacks - We don't seem to have a proper counter attacking plan. Players look confused about where to run. In the second half, we got so many counter attacking chances which should have ended in goals. They all ended with premature passing or players not taking runs properly. These chances will help us kill the game. Given that many teams try to sit deep against us, if we score one goal they will open up the defense giving us many such chances. We shouldn't miss those.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
YES!!! Just watched the game as I was working and avoided ALL social media and TV until the replay tonight - SO HAPPY! Every player put in a great performance and Özil looked particularly well as he was tracking back, making passes and was all over the pitch, truly deserved that MOTM. So proud, I love you Arsenal! Enjoy fellow Gunners and good night :)

Plutarch

2) Counter attacks - We don't seem to have a proper counter attacking plan. Players look confused about where to run. In the second half, we got so many counter attacking chances which should have ended in goals. They all ended with premature passing or players not taking runs properly. These chances will help us kill the game. Given that many teams try to sit deep against us, if we score one goal they will open up the defense giving us many such chances. We shouldn't miss those.
Agreed, it's strange how bad we've become at counter attacks. We rarely score on a breakaway. Never seem to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom