• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

Think some of his performances in recent times like away against Everton, yesterday, in the Cup final etc really puts to bed the argument that "Özil doesn't have to run back", giving him the license to be a luxury player or saying it's just his body language.

He needs to start doing it more often than not. That way, if he's having an off day on the ball at least we aren't down to 10 off the ball. I'd like to see him maintain the same level of workrate because I don't believe we've seen anything near to the same level of application that we saw yesterday on a consistent basis.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Performances like the one this man have today are the sole reason he gets so juicy criticism. HE CAN BE A DECIDER IN A BIG MATCH.

Helps if your defenders are a brick wall though

I've always maintained he does his defensive share , but his tracking back on Sat was eye opening . Eriksen had 10 yards on him he closed him down and took the ball away of his toes and went the other way . Several times he was like Kante the way he ran down opponents :lol:

Actually wondering from Wenger presser whether someone had a word with Özil or the whole team did .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I've always maintained he does his defensive share , but his tracking back on Sat was eye opening . Eriksen had 10 yards on him he closed him down and took the ball away of his toes and went the other way . Several times he was like Kante the way he ran down opponents :lol:

Actually wondering from Wenger presser whether someone had a word with Özil or the whole team did .
I missed what Wengs said. Will try find it now.

OSBK

Established Member
Marginally better than **** face Shearer's back handed praise. What is that pricks problem with anything Arsenal related?

We go win the league and champs league and he would still slate us. Maybe he is bitter about not getting to join the arsenal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All-action display today. He's capable of that, and that's what we need more often. I said a few weeks back that he looks in the same form he was in during the first few months after we signed him. You can't drop players with his capabilities just because they might want out. You have to trust they'll stay true to themselves and put out performances, and that's what he's doing.
Oh shut it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

"Özil's body language is soo poor"

A simple shoulder drop :)
Sounds better even in French instead of these English commentators where you can hear in their voice they’d rather be talking **** about Arsenal. Anyone got a whole higlightpackage with these guys screaming oooooh ouii ouii etc.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sounds better even in French instead of these English commentators where you can hear in their voice they’d rather be talking **** about Arsenal. Anyone got a whole higlightpackage with these guys screaming oooooh ouii ouii etc.

Think I still have some Private Dvd's lying around somewhere .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We go win the league and champs league and he would still slate us. Maybe he is bitter about not getting to join the arsenal.
He's definitely been subjected to some form of torture by the club. It's not just a simple dislike, it's deep and probably complicated!

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Finally a complete performance from Özil. Been waiting for this for the last 4.5years.

Rightly deserved the standing ovation.

Performances like that, give him the 300k.

Crocrodile

Finally a complete performance from Özil. Been waiting for this for the last 4.5years.

It 's exactly this performance that makes me even more furious and why he gets so much stick.

I 've been a huge Özil critic, just because of what I believe he 's capable of. This performance is proof of this.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

He had some fantastic performances in previous games too. When we smashed Liverpool 4-1 at Emirates few seasons ago, he was unplayable. When we beat United at OT for FA Cup and then in our 3-0 home win, he was equally great.

There are many many more games when he was superb against smaller teams.

The bad thing is that our game mostly drops to ground when he is not on form, is heavily marked or is not on pitch. We seem clueless.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Not denying he's had fantastic performances... But when I say this was a complete performance I mean both interms of going forward and getting stuck in and tracking back.

Have to remember even messi, Suarez, neymar would track back for barca....its part of the modern game...can't have passengers...unless he's going to score 30+ in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom