• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I'm ok with a managerial switch.

I'm simply answering your question. Yes, it can get worse, and sports is "littered", to use a wise man's words, with examples.

To not change out of fear of failure is unwise, but to ignore the risks of failure is equally ignorant. Change only guarantees change. The quality of the change is inherently risky.

Alas tis true it could get worse results wise, you got me there, even a lot worse, been through it all before in the mid nineties. That was a fairly terrible trophy-less run for a while after a period of success and the football was pretty crap too, we were spoilt 97-2005 ish... As a fan though Id like to see the club being brave and taking some gambles now, come what may. After the mid nineties came Wenger, that was a gamble and look how that played out, its got to happen anyway. If only we could get rid of the Kroenkes as part of the Wenger retirement plan though...

karl

5th biggest spender in the EPL is not a small club bro. But it ain't going to beat City by spending half as much, that much is clear.

Getting a new manager will change nothing. We need a new owner.
I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a championship obviously won with massive artificial spending and simply overpowering other clubs by money. Our EPL wins felt so good and honest when United were a richer club.

I don't really know whether Pep is a good manager, or just has the most money at each club. With a more level playing field last year, he wasn't able to compete with Chelsea and had to spend big this year.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Why arbitrarily select 13 years there? Since 99-00(start of the Galactico era) you can also add two Valencia wins and Deportivo's historic La Liga win in 99-00.

That's 4 years out of 18 years. 22% of the time. Its more frequent than you make out.

Arbitrarily, ha, that sums a lot of these facts up, easy to section off and hack away anything that inconveniently contradicts the twaddle! The answer is because that wouldnt fit the narrative that "oil clubs" are the reason poor old Arsenal cant compete. You wont get a reply to that very good point most likely.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Klopp been smacked 4-1 by Spuds and currently losing 4-0 to City.... Results like that for us would see this forum go into meltdown. Another couple of high scores against them and @Makingtrax's suggestions that Pool fans face similar challenges under Klopp due to the oil clubs gain more weight.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Klopp been smacked 4-1 by Spuds and currently losing 4-0 to City.... Results like that for us would see this forum go into meltdown.
He's had 2 bad defeats in his nearly two and a half years at Liverpool, Wenger has defeats like that literally every season.

Klopp has also beaten Arsenal 3-1 and 4-0, City 4-1 and 3-0, as well as a 3-1 at Stamford Bridge.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He's had 2 bad defeats in his nearly two and a half years at Liverpool, Wenger has defeats like that literally every season.

Klopp has also beaten Arsenal 3-1 and 4-0, City 4-1 and 3-0, as well as a 3-1 at Stamford Bridge.
Quite frustrating that we may never get to fairly compare Wenger to another manager as none of them will be with a club for 20 years.

Point well taken though... Did Wenger suffer these defeats prior to the stadium move?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a championship obviously won with massive artificial spending and simply overpowering other clubs by money. Our EPL wins felt so good and honest when United were a richer club.

I don't really know whether Pep is a good manager, or just has the most money at each club. With a more level playing field last year, he wasn't able to compete with Chelsea and had to spend big this year.
Pep's a great manager, just that his style of play requires players of high technical quality and footballing intelligence - usually the better & thus more expensive players.

Some of Wenger's early football was truly brilliant in it's execution, however, the football that Pep's Barca played were like nothing I'd seen before in it's ruthlessness, intensity & technical brilliance.

I don't care how much money you spend to win a championship as long as you play football worthy of that spend. If you have the best players in the world then you should try and play the most efficient & attractive football. I've always liked how City have played in the last 6-7 years.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
?

Game doesn't kickoff until Sunday..
My bad guys. Braindead moment, commenting on the rerun of the City home game vs Pool from last season. For some odd reason Supersport was displaying LIVE so I thought it was sunday's fixture.

Scratch that daft comment then.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Point well taken though... Did Wenger suffer these defeats prior to the stadium move?
6-1 at Old Trafford stands out, Chelsea won a league cup game by a lot at Highbury as well iirc
My bad guys. Braindead moment, commenting on the rerun of the City home game vs Pool from last season. For some odd reason Supersport was displaying LIVE so I thought it was sunday's fixture.

Scratch that daft comment then.
The fact that it was day time didn't give it away? :lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Klopp been smacked 4-1 by Spuds and currently losing 4-0 to City.... Results like that for us would see this forum go into meltdown. Another couple of high scores against them and @Makingtrax's suggestions that Pool fans face similar challenges under Klopp due to the oil clubs gain more weight.
Klopp has more points against the current top 6 than any other manager/team since he's been here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You should read the recent article on Sky Sports about his promotion with Barcelona B.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arbitrarily, ha, that sums a lot of these facts up, easy to section off and hack away anything that inconveniently contradicts the twaddle! The answer is because that wouldnt fit the narrative that "oil clubs" are the reason poor old Arsenal cant compete. You wont get a reply to that very good point most likely.
Nothing arbitary about picking the year in which the first oligarch arrived in football bro.

Manchester United have tried and actually succeeded in outspending the oil clubs in some years. Pretending they've succeeded against the money is hilarious.

Money isn't the reason Arsenal haven't won the league for so long, it's the reason none of the other 17 clubs have won the league for 13 years, bar one in one year. That's my reply.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Makes no difference, there was only one point between the two clubs which meant that they must have drawn or lost more to lower clubs then. Points can't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom