• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He's not any better than Kroenke, Chips and all the other clowns at this club. He only cares for his own legacy, this is not a man who will accept to leave if it's for the best of the club (like Klopp did with Dortmund).

He doesn't give a crap about the fans' opinion or anyone's really below his position, he probably thinks everyone below him is a lowly, scummy, peasant. He's shown that in recent years with his condescending comments on fans, Mislintat, Gazidis, journalists etc.

Just 1 more year and a half and this cancer is hopefully removed from the club and we can continue enjoying this club again.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Arsenal Man City, still a fair few tickets left. Really surprised about this. Yes I know it will sell out eventually, but shocked it’s taking so long. Long gone are the days of selling out in an afternoon after becoming available to Silver members.

Maybe the tide is finally turning.

karl

The reality is that Liverpool is a better side than us at present. The table doesn't lie either.
I'm not sure you can say that until the end of the season. Personally I am not sure that Van Dijk will be the answer to their defensive issues on his own - just look at our woes. The real measure of each team is the final league table and Liverpool are just as unpredictable at the back as we are.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I'm not sure you can say that until the end of the season. Personally I am not sure that Van Dijk will be the answer to their defensive issues on his own - just look at our woes. The real measure of each team is the final league table and Liverpool are just as unpredictable at the back as we are.
I think VanKijk adds a lot to their defence as long as he settles quickly. we don't really have anyone like him now.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Trust me bro, Liverpool are a better side than us at present. Take a look at the games between us for the last 2 seasons and then honestly ask yourself which team is better.

It amuses me now, because I've been guilty of it in the past, how many of us on here laughed at Liverpool and Klopp , yet his team has embarrassed us on the football pitch several times since he's come here. Sure they have problems but they finished above us last season, demolishing us twice in the process and are on course to do the same this season. Should they finish above us again it would be the first time in Arsène's Arsenal career that this would have happened.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Trust me bro, Liverpool are a better side than us at present. Take a look at the games between us for the last 2 seasons and then honestly ask yourself which team is better.

It amuses me now, because I've been guilty of it in the past, how many of us on here laughed at Liverpool and Klopp , yet his team has embarrassed us on the football pitch several times since he's come here. Sure they have problems but they finished above us last season, demolishing us twice in the process and are on course to do the same this season. Should they finish above us again it would be the first time in Arséne's Arsenal career that this would have happened.

Quick question.

Which player in their squad has won the most trophies?

redanddread

Quick question.

Which player in their squad has won the most trophies?
;)

There is a simple argument there that I won't get into. I still contend that Liverpool are a better team than us at the present and the table will prove that come end of season again. That's my hunch. If you believe that Arsenal are a better side, fair enough but I've seen little evidence of that to date.

Edit: Wigan won the 2013 FA Cup, would you say that Wigan were a better team than Arsenal then? I mean in the context of your question, Wigan had more trophy winners in their squad than we did.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

;)

There is a simple argument there that I won't get into. I still contend that Liverpool are a better team than us at the present and the table will prove that come end of season again. That's my hunch. If you believe that Arsenal are a better side, fair enough but I've seen little evidence of that to date.

Of course its not as simple as that, I agree with you.

Trophies arent the be all and end all, but its a marker in history, and the marker in black and white at the end of it all.

We have won three FA Cup trophies in the last four years, knocking out Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool during the process. If you want to count the shields (I dont) then thats an extra three in this time.

What Im saying is that despite our situation, we are still in the mix in these competitions, in the top four. We are nowhere near where we are supposed to be and then you contrast that next to a "Liverpool on the rise" and "Best Tottenham in years" and we are five points off the former, two off the later.

Simply put... levels.

The point Im trying to make here is that perception is not always reality. You are right when you say that Liverpool have embarrassed us on the field of play, one too many times. However for us to sit here and think that we are worse off than they are is just wrong.

Sp**s, not too long ago, were the world cup winners in waiting. Today, you hardly hear about them, any shift of power, etc.

What happens off the field with transfers doesnt always translate to success. Its a combination of money, good management, good facilities and being in the right competitions. Liverpool have improved and are moving in a good direction, but no need for panic just yet I reckon... they havent passed us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

The point Im trying to make here is that perception is not always reality. You are right when you say that Liverpool have embarrassed us on the field of play, one too many times. However for us to sit here and think that we are worse off than they are is just wrong.

Sp**s, not too long ago, were the world cup winners in waiting. Today, you hardly hear about them, any shift of power, etc.

What happens off the field with transfers doesnt always translate to success. Its a combination of money, good management, good facilities and being in the right competitions. Liverpool have improved and are moving in a good direction, but no need for panic just yet I reckon... they havent passed us.
:lol: There isn't much room for logic as good as that on this thread.

redanddread

There's no panic but I believe they have passed us at this point in time. Now, everything is cyclical and that trend may change soon but under the present regimes of both clubs I'd bank on Liverpool finishing above us for a while.

karl

It amuses me now, because I've been guilty of it in the past, how many of us on here laughed at Liverpool and Klopp , yet his team has embarrassed us on the football pitch several times since he's come here. Sure they have problems but they finished above us last season, demolishing us twice in the process and are on course to do the same this season. Should they finish above us again it would be the first time in Arséne's Arsenal career that this would have happened.
For all your admiration of Liverpool, their slight advantage on us has meant nothing in terms of success. One League Cup in the last decade is hardly worth worrying about. Nobody will recall our 2nd place to Leicester a couple of years back, or their victories in the league over us.

I just wish we would at least go back to entertaining football if winning is not possible. That is the only thing they have over us for now.

SA Gunner

There's no panic but I believe they have passed us at this point in time. Now, everything is cyclical and that trend may change soon but under the present regimes of both clubs I'd bank on Liverpool finishing above us for a while.

Well this season will give us a good indicator, wont it.

I know where you are coming from. Arsène Wenger is not delivering anymore and as a result we are looking hopeless.

But I'll also bring your attention to one thing... the day Wenger leaves, the Premier League and Europe will know that there is a good chance the sleeping giant will reawaken.

redanddread

:lol: There isn't much room for logic as good as that on this thread.
I agree and I would contend that if a team smashes the bejesus out of you on a regular basis over the last two seasons whilst also maintaining a higher league position, then logic would assert that that team is better than you. However, that logic might not fit your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom