• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

I do wish he left in the summer and went somewhere like Everton

Sam Allardyce said in his press conference yesterday that they tried to sign him in the summer but his wife refused to relocate from London so she blocked the move :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Fat Sam is also a professional troll so I wouldn't believe him too much.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Joked with my brother before the season that he'll end up as our first choice again at some point.. Dangerously close to happening now..

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
we would be better off without Giroud leading the line.....similar statements were echoed by majority of Arsenal supporters in 2015-2016 season

on paper it looks like realistic .....even I agree our style doesn't suit Giroud, yet somehow.... we got worse

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I didn’t feel too sad seeing Alexis in a Man United shirt but seeing Giroud in a Chelsea shirt would make me really uncomfortable.

Unlike Alexis, Giroud loves this club and he does the best he possibly can for us. He doesn’t have the pace but still he tries his best to press the defenders as best as he can. He might not be the quickest but he has other attributes to make up for it (strength, heading ability and acting as a decoy). I really don’t want to see another Gunner play for Roman’s club!

Guys like him, Kos, and Per have been loyal servants to Arsenal.

Gegen Pressing

Because even with Lacazette who is the ideal striker people thought about, our offence is still aren't scoring as much as they as they expected.
ironically asking for Giroud cameo to score last minute goals

Harry Kane wasn't good enough for Arsenal.
Luckily we got Lacazette now....I mean Aubameyang

Gegen Pressing

Deschamps is not going to make it with or without Giroud.
How about Giroud, the scorpion King, arrives fresh, rested and hungry
at the World Cup? Does a loan and moving his whole family around for 4 months til the world cup is going to do any good?
Deschamps is not exactly a genius and likes to stir the sh*tpot as often as possible.
probably thinks he's moving the needle (which he obviously isn't)

More Laca subs coming :bounce:

Last edited:

Jojoba

Chelsea will show us how to utilise Giroud.. Selling giroud to Chelsea is taking a piss.. We are struggling to make Top 4, Chelsea are our rivals for that Top 4 place and are struggling in the strikers position. They are so desperate for a big target man upfront to play off of as that is Conte’s style. Right now they are struggling because of it, but because we are Santa Clause Arsenal we will end up granting them their gift. What if Auba struggles to adapt like Laca is so far? I say keep Giroud and stop strengthening your rivals.. FFS..

STATS

What is happening?
I heard we are going to sell him for 35mil pounds to Chelsea. By god, if that happened I would have danced around naked.
Then I read 15mil pounds, which is still 15mil more than he is worth.

Now I read that the deal is off, and that might impact our Auba deal as Chelsea wont sell Michy if they dont get a replacement (same situation for BvB too).

Can someone tell me the exact situation. If someone is privy to it.

cloista

It's all paper talk, the people who are actually privy to the situation keep their mouths shut and get on with doing business.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
still 15mil more than he is worth.
Enough of this man! This player has been nothing but professional. He has scored plenty of class goals for us and picked up many points for us. No, he wasn't ever the answer. No, he isn't world class. But to act like he is the worst striker in the league is a huge fvcking exaggeration. Have some fvcking respect for a player that has scored over a 100 goals for us.

How a player can be so deeply criticised for giving his all is beyond belief. It is not his fault he isn't the striker we needed. It isn't his fault we never EVER played to his strengths.

You can't criticise Wenger all over the forum and then hammer this player who has given nothing but his all for us.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Will be sad to see him go. You can question his level in terms of leading the line at a top club, but he really is an Arsenal man in my opinion. He loves it here, fights for us, and never gives up until the final minute.

I dont want to see him at Chelsea. He is exactly what they need, and we will really see how good he is in a club that will know how to play to his strengths.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
After he missed a sitter on his debut, I couldn't imagine this guy scoring against all the big boys in England as well as home & away v Bayern. Two brilliant FA Cup winning assists, well played Oli.

Dammit

One of the most humble servants of our wonderful football club is gone for 18m to a direct rival. A big big shame. You can say anything about him, because yes he was limited and had some really bad patches in the last five years, BUT for £10.80m scoring more than 100 goals for Arsenal is brilliant. One of the best transfers in the PL history imo. FFS he reached 100 goals for Arsenal in less games than Bergkamp and van Persie. The guy is not elite, but a very good player. He came to this club when we were shambles, losing Persie to United, under huge pressure, but in the end he was a massive player in our journey ending the trophy drought. Always will have a soft spot for him, even though he is gone to Chelsea, I'm not mad at him, just want him to do well and have a place in the french WC squad. Thanks everything big Olie.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's definitely an underrated player. He has some weaknesses, but what he does well, he does at a top level. I'm generally pleased with his time here, it's just a shame he let us down when we needed him most. The 15/16 goal drought couldn't have come at a worse time.

Anyway, on a more positive note, here's the goal that will long be remembered as one of the best in the club's history...

Good luck at Chelsea Oli G.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Chelsea will show us how to utilise Giroud.. Selling giroud to Chelsea is taking a piss.. We are struggling to make Top 4, Chelsea are our rivals for that Top 4 place and are struggling in the strikers position. They are so desperate for a big target man upfront to play off of as that is Conte’s style. Right now they are struggling because of it, but because we are Santa Clause Arsenal we will end up granting them their gift. What if Auba struggles to adapt like Laca is so far? I say keep Giroud and stop strengthening your rivals.. FFS..

Problem is we don't play to Giroud's strengths at all. We play with zero width and hardly ever cross the ball. Ox was one of very few who looked to beat a man and whip in a ball. It's an unfortunate situation because I believe Giroud is the best header of the ball in the league.

I'm also not sold on how we plan to accomodate Auba and Laca in the same XI. Unless we change to playing with two strikers, I fear Wenger will play one of them on the wing, because after selling Walcott, Sanchez and Ox in the same season, we suddenly have next to no wide players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom