• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

TheEconomist

Established Member
I'm not really one for these mass celebrations and this merci Arsène social media stuff.

It all felt very surreal today and I don't think it'll sink in for a while longer, but i know that as long as I support Arsenal, whenever something major happens, if we win a big match, or lose, whether we win a trophy, or lose a star player, I'll take a few seconds to think of Arsène Wenger, the amazing memories he gave to us, and the great foundation he built for this club, and it'll be in those moments that it will really hit me.

I'd also like to apologise if I ever said anything disrespectful towards Arsène Wenger. You certainly didnt deserve any abuse no matter what we thought about the results.

Also a quick thank you to this forum. I've been here over ten years now. It's been an amazing journey and I'm glad I've been able to share the highs and lows with everyone. Where I live (London, lol) everyone supports man United. So it's a great to share my thoughts and frustrations with other gooners. It's been a big apart of my Arsenal experience, and I hope we get to share so many more good memories in the future .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very proud today to see the club give the great man such a tremendous send off.

The whole ceremony at the start and at the end had great dignity befitting a legend of football.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I'm not really one for these mass celebrations and this merci Arséne social media stuff.

It all felt very surreal today and I don't think it'll sink in for a while longer, but i know that as long as I support Arsenal, whenever something major happens, if we win a big match, or lose, whether we win a trophy, or lose a star player, I'll take a few seconds to think of Arséne Wenger, the amazing memories he gave to us, and the great foundation he built for this club, and it'll be in those moments that it will really hit me.

I'd also like to apologise if I ever said anything disrespectful towards Arséne Wenger. You certainly didnt deserve any abuse no matter what we thought about the results.

Also a quick thank you to this forum. I've been here over ten years now. It's been an amazing journey and I'm glad I've been able to share the highs and lows with everyone. Where I live (London, lol) everyone supports man United. So it's a great to share my thoughts and frustrations with other gooners. It's been a big apart of my Arsenal experience, and I hope we get to share so many more good memories in the future .

On behalf of a lot of us on A-M, apologies accepted. I hope some will have the same humility and decency to follow your noble comments.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I felt gutted today. Despite feeling that sheer familiar frustration at the atletico game.

Really gutted when he spoke of wanting to win with style and giving everything was more important to him.

I feel like my wanting him to leave is a vote against traits I wish I had. Very confusing day.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Anyone else excited to see where he goes next? Feels like that is bigger than anything that will happen to Arsenal in next few years!
My priority is Arsenal. I hope he does well wherever he goes if he gets another management job. I would prefer if it was a national team, I would hate it if we have to play a competitive game against a team he manages. But if that happens I will want us to thrash him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Only just seen John Cross' speech at the presser. Wenger is held in huge regard by the media. Not many managers with his wit and intelligence at press conferences. They know.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I felt gutted today. Despite feeling that sheer familiar frustration at the atletico game.

Really gutted when he spoke of wanting to win with style and giving everything was more important to him.

I feel like my wanting him to leave is a vote against traits I wish I had. Very confusing day.
You're not alone. @Makingtrax feel free to quote this.

I said to a mate the other day, " I want him gone but I also wish I was half the man he is"

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom