• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It really depends on our aims next season. If just top four why not a Vieira. Allegri seems a waste unless we are making a title push & ripping up this squad.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't think we have time to f*ck about with someone like Arteta, but Nagelsmann for example, who knows what he's doing, would fit the bill of being a young coach but also one who can achieve things straight away.

Yep, I said a while back that Nagelsmann should be in the list, then the MODS removed almost everyone :) Josh Kroneke is rumoured to want a young manager after success with The Rams, if they do go young the successor should still have experience, we cant afford to try things out with a young virgin manager and see how it goes. Nagelsmann fits the bill of being young with experience.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It really depends on our aims next season. If just top four why not a Vieira. Allegri seems a waste unless we are making a title push & ripping up this squad.

Cos to get in the top 4 next season you'll be competing against Pep, Mourinho, Klopp, Poch & whoever Chelsea bring in. It ain't gonna be a breeze. Right now the other top 6 are looking at us pretty confident they can beat us again next season. It's gonna take more than Vieira's charm to turn that around.

Another season or two outside of the Champions League and it'll only be Arsenal fans thinking this is an elite club. Other people will have shorter memories and before you know it we might as well be Sp*rs.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That's what I want which is why I'm against someone like Arteta getting the job.

Personally, I think a lot of areas in our squad need addressing. I'm all for giving youth a chance however I'd love for players like Reiss Nelson & Iwobi to go out on loan to a PL side and gain some experience.

It's not going to be an easy job for Allegri but I believe he's capable of doing well here, if the fans give him time.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Cos to get in the top 4 next season you'll be competing against Pep, Mourinho, Klopp, Poch & whoever Chelsea bring in. It ain't gonna be a breeze. Right now the other top 6 are looking at us pretty confident they can beat us again next season. It's gonna take more than Vieira's charm to turn that around.

Another season or two outside of the Champions League and it'll only be Arsenal fans thinking this is an elite club. Other people will have shorter memories and before you know it we might as well be Sp*rs.

Poch and Mourinho is crap.

say yes

forum master baiter
Arsenal are a club who set trends, we do not follow them. Appointing Allegri would go against this. We initiated the trend of appointing foreign managers, it is time to start the trend of taking risks on young managers. Hopefully doing so will have a knock-on effect on the mid-table/bottom half teams who continuously appoint the same group of old, English managers.

Awful post. You haven't actually advanced any argument for appointing a young manager other than it would be novel. Appointing a chimpanzee would be novel too; that doesn't mean it would be a good idea.

That I can change the entire meaning of your post by substituting two words is indicative of how devoid of reasoning it was:
Arsenal are a club who set trends, we do not follow them. Appointing Allegri would go against this. We initiated the trend of appointing foreign managers, it is time to start the trend of taking risks on intelligent primates. Hopefully doing so will have a knock-on effect on the mid-table/bottom half teams who continuously appoint the same group of old, English managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom