• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Normally you laugh, but Dyche is actually an excellent coach.

He is. Not what I want. Nor is he someone who would inspire confidence in the fan base. But he is an excellent coach and Arsenal could do worse. Maybe all this Arteta talk is just a way of lowering expectations so that a Sean Dyche appointment feels more like a relief than a disappointment. :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's not going to be Arteta or Dyche so chill.

I kinda want Dyche now, just for the sh*ts n giggles. Rather him than the boring wishy-washy anonymous Tesco own brand type of attacking football you'd get with some of the candidates. Vieira for e.g: "I like to attack and have the ball"...oh really, Patrick? How interesting of you.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

@Vinci

Could it be we finally win the Europa Cup :drool:
giphy.gif

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

My first choice is still Allegri but I feel we won't be getting him. I remember this interview a couple of years back when Gazidis mentioned that our deals are under the radar.

It makes me think, it could be a bold move. Someone that everyone doesn't expect us to get. Possibly a Naglesmann.

Xanth

Dyche is a charlatan. I’d rather take a gamble on Arteta than someone whose style of football is certain to fail in a club competing for the major titles. It’ll be a disaster. Burnley this season are already massively overperforming with respect to xG. I won’t be surprised to see them regress to the mean and finish in lower midtable next season.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
So with that in mind, you think Wenger was going even if we had finished top 4 and won the EL? No way!
With the way other top teams have stabilized, it was not a far shot to predict that both was not going to happen.

Even if Wenger had wanted to stay, the board would have to let him go. The club had to transition from his shadow at some point. I feel that the board realised it towards the end of last season

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Rather him than the boring wishy-washy anonymous Tesco own brand type of attacking football you'd get with some of the candidates. Vieira for e.g: "I like to attack and have the ball"...oh really, Patrick? How interesting of you.

I can't like this post enough. Every other young manager spouts that nonsense, forgetting that football is about more than attacking and having the ball. If you love the ball and to attack, you got to build a coherent system around that, like Guardiola, Heynckes, Tuchel. You got to know exactly what to do with the ball when you have it that much, or else it's useless possession - something we've seena lot with Arsenal in recent seasons.

There's not too many guys out there who can outright attack against any opposition and still win consistently. There are a lot of possession based teams in La Liga or even in the Bundesliga when competing with teams on their level, but they're still found out too often with their style, sometimes reverting back to transitional or even counter strategies.

Saying you want to have the ball and attack is the most generic thing you could say about attacking minded possession football. It's virtually non-descriptive and doesn't give any insight into how you actually want to play.

That's why I'm very, very wary of someone like Viera, too. Neither on nor off the pitch does he seem like some sort of above average manager with a distinct style, like you can see with Nagelsmann for example.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Waiting is killing me:lol: I want to know how much hope I should have before next season asap.
stay calm - we have the transfer window to get through after our new manager has been announced, so the killing season could be a long one this year

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
With the way other top teams have stabilized, it was not a far shot to predict that both was not going to happen.

Even if Wenger had wanted to stay, the board would have to let him go. The club had to transition from his shadow at some point. I feel that the board realised it towards the end of last season

I completely agree we needed change and that the BoD knew it but no one could predict we were going to have such an awful away record this season, that is basically what prevented top 4 and if we'd got that then surely Wenger would have finished his 2 year contract.

Xanth

The ideal candidate would have been Tuchel but he’s going to PSG. I want a manager who can make his team create a lot of chances per match and have a reasonably solid defence. With a manager who’s renowned primarily for his defensive organisation, you’re at the risk of having a season like the one Chelsea are having. That’s my one issue with Allegri, even though he’s probably my first choice at the moment. People will point to the number of goals Juventus have scored but that’s mainly due to the quality of his forwards, especially in comparison to the rest of the league. In the Premier League, we have five other teams at the top.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Dyche is a charlatan. I’d rather take a gamble on Arteta than someone whose style of football is certain to fail in a club competing for the major titles. It’ll be a disaster. Burnley this season are already massively overperforming with respect to xG. I won’t be surprised to see them regress to the mean and finish in lower midtable next season.

A charlatan is a fraud, Dyche isn't a fraud. The reason Burnley are overperforming so far above their xG etc is because of the defensive system he has created whereby they allow the opposition lots of shots but very few high quality ones. It's not like they're Utd where they just have a pure miracle-worker in goal and so concede far fewer than they should.

7th of outstanding overachievement from Burnley, but that overachievement has come from Dyche, hasn't come out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom