• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Would also like to pledge my allegiance to Mikel the magnificent. He's the right guy at this moment and time. A young guy with bright ideas who's hungry and ready to prove himself when the world has already written him off. Think we could be on to something special here if we take the gamble, which I suspect we will.

Welcome on board then. I predicted (and hoped) long ago that he would become a coach and one day he would manage AFC. He is a great football mind and spending a year with Pep is a great learning experience for him.
If it happens, it will be a bold move. I don't want any of the recycled name (Benitez, LVG, Enrique, Rodgers etc). Only Allegri or Arteta for me.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think we'll have a small budget regardless of the manager. We'll have a £7om budget and probably spend £100m+ after sales. Same as usual.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
We've never spent £100m+ after sales, in the history of the club.

8 of Wenger's 22 seasons sales have been greater than spend.

3 seasons only have our spend been more than £25m after sales. 2013/14, 2014/15, 2016/17. And Pep spent more than those three years put together in this year alone.

No wonder the WOBs have been hammering Wenger, you've absolutely no idea what financial restrictions he's been working under over the years.:lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Even if by some miracle Arteta does turn out to be a good manager, you just know this slimey ****er would ditch us at the first chance when Barca comes calling. Just like he ditched us when Pep called and the way he ditched Everton for us.

What's with all the talk about ditching this and ditching that? It's football, it's a job, these aren't romantic relationships we're talking about. Arteta came from Spain, played for Everton for a bit, played for Arsenal for a bit, then retired and started working somewhere else. Nothing about that is unusual or 'slimey'.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
They want Arteta because he's well-regarded as a coach, not just from his time at City but from when he was doing his coaching badges (which he all received) in Wales. They're hoping that will translate well into management. That's the angle they're looking at, not 'punishing' fans or nepotism or any other weird conspiracy theory.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Think the 5 stages of grief apply for a lot of people here. Most of you are either at stage 1. Denial or stage 2. Anger. In the past few days for example @Artisan has gone from 1 to 2. I think a handful are now onto stage 3 bargaining while the odd 1 or 2 are even at stage 4. depression and feel apathy now for the whole thing. Fortunately there is a stage 5. and that is acceptance and hopefully it'll lead people to supporting Arteta. Join us at stage 5.
I'm at stage 6, death.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Mate, stop trolling and then going around and accusing and reporting other accounts for doing the same, it's getting tedious. You're going a bit overboard with the Arteta stuff now.

How on earth is this trolling? It's just a light-hearted post similar to ones that a lot of other posters make which don't get called out, chill the **** out. I reported that other guy because he was going around insulting people and contributed absolutely nothing to this forum.

Honestly getting sick of being targeted on here because some don't agree with my opinions.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

3 seasons only have our spend been more than £25m after sales. 2013/14, 2014/15, 2016/17. And Pep spent more than those three years put together in this year alone.

No wonder the WOBs have been hammering Wenger, you've absolutely no idea what financial restrictions he's been working under over the years.:lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, i was talking about recent history. Three out of the last four years has been £100m. You know what i meant, stupid ****.

Also if it's not clear, when i said "after sales" i meant that money being included in the budget. Again, you probably knew that. Dumb broken record ****.

Why you mentioned Pep i don't know. Oh wait, it's because you're a ****.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
They want Arteta because he's well-regarded as a coach, not just from his time at City but from when he was doing his coaching badges (which he all received) in Wales. They're hoping that will translate well into management. That's the angle they're looking at, not 'punishing' fans or nepotism or any other weird conspiracy theory.

In that case then why not hire Nagelsmann? Or Tedesco? There are dozens of "well-regarded" coach with more experience than Arteta.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Mate, stop trolling and then going around and accusing and reporting other accounts for doing the same, it's getting tedious. You're going a bit overboard with the Arteta stuff now.
That's a bit harsh bro.

The article in the Independent today matches what @Tir Na Nog 's being saying for days. One of the few speculating with knowledge and forethought . . . and more importantly realism :lol:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
In that case then why not hire Nagelsmann? Or Tedesco? There are dozens of "well-regarded" coach with more experience than Arteta.

'Well-regarded' within football's inner circles.

And whose to say those other names weren't considered? Nagelsmann apparently has a ***** of a release clause to navigate.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Arteta would be a cheap ass appointment by cheap ass owners so really wouldnt surprise me, cant say for sure it would be a disaster obviously and would get behind the team but I wouldnt be happy.
No one here can in all seriousness claim to know anything about Arteta as a manager apart from that he used to play for us, has coaching badges and works under Pep. It would be a Moyes appointment minus the managerial experience.

In an ideal world without our owners I would prefer in a 1 2 3 order,
1: Simeone. (very unlikely - mostly due to cost of what he would want to spend to fix us and wages and why would he want to come to us exactly?)
2: Allegri. (unlikely due to the cost reasons, again why would he want to come?)
Emery - hes getable I think, is leaving PSG and could be the profile/cost/style combination we need - see how he did at Sevilla.

All three have won things and are proven.

My vote rightly or wrongly is on Emery as that is what logic tells me could be happening and has been reported again this morning too.
Would prefer Allegri though so if we get him will be over the moon.

carlito'sway

Established Member
How on earth is this trolling? It's just a light-hearted post similar to ones that a lot of other posters make which don't get called out, chill the **** out. I reported that other guy because he was going around insulting people and contributed absolutely nothing to this forum.

Honestly getting sick of being targeted on here because some don't agree with my opinions.

You post was great mate. It was humorous and light-hearted. Some here needs to get some perspective of at least some sense of humor, FFS...

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, i was talking about recent history. Three out of the last four years has been £100m. You know what i meant, stupid ****.

Also if it's not clear, when i said "after sales" i meant that money being included in the budget. Again, you probably knew that. Dumb broken record ****.

Why you mentioned Pep i don't know. Oh wait, it's because you're a ****.
We've never spent £100m after sales ffs man. :lol:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Because Arteta knows the club, language, country, league, that's why Pep hired him as his assistant. Oh wait, Pep won 0 trophies in his first season in England with Arteta's "knowledge", and Conte, who didn't know **** about the country and league became the champion.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Top post bro. WOBs already telling everybody who they're not supporting. They need to behave :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We've never spent £100m after sales ffs man. :lol:

Are you ******** I said the budget would be £70m and that we'd probably spend £10om after player sales. Meaning the money from selling players would allow us to spend over the £70m budget, probably around £100m. We've done that (spent £100m) in three of the last four years. ****ing simpleton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom