• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Top post bro. WOBs already telling everybody who they're not supporting. They need to behave :lol:

Ok this argument is ridiculous. Just because you’re Wenger in and Arteta in doesn’t mean the inverse is true.

I wasn’t Wenger out but I don’t want Arteta. This is like those c*nts who equate remainers with “soft liberal snowflakes”. Have a word with yourself.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
What's with all the talk about ditching this and ditching that? It's football, it's a job, these aren't romantic relationships we're talking about. Arteta came from Spain, played for Everton for a bit, played for Arsenal for a bit, then retired and started working somewhere else. Nothing about that is unusual or 'slimey'.
Gotta call him slimey since it effects us, but I actually respect his professional attitude and focus on solely furthering his own career. Even to the point of apparently taking a pay cut to join us or even being willing ditch his country for England if it meant a chance of going to the World Cup.

But that's also precisely the problem with him getting the Arsenal job since romanticism seems to be the sole reason people are fine with him getting the job.
What's the point in giving him his start and apparently the couple of seasons we need to be patient with him so he can learn on the job, when it's safe to assume in 2-3 season if he is any good Barca will come calling and he'd be off?

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I dont think we are in a position to gamble, thats my worry about givin it teta.
I think the yanks are on an ego trip of "unearthing" a managerial gem. I hope they know what they're doing.
Im team Usmanov anyway, once all the gambling fails, he could come in and buy our way back. Might be the only option left in a year's time.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People comparing Arteta to Moyes. Moyes went in to Utd and changed Fergie's brand of football to hoofball, p*ssing off the players in the process. I doubt we have to worry about that.

Yeah, if we do get Arteta it is a huge risk, but some people writing him off already is annoying.

But why take the risk!? We can hire so many other managers who have experience but are young and play good football. We’re Arsenal ffs, it shouldn’t be just a shot between Allegri or Arteta.

Forget our rivals, how many other top flight clubs would give a complete rookie a shot? The only one I can think of is when Shearer got the Toon job.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think the real joke here, is that people believe the papers and certified ITK's, when no one really has an idea of what truly goes on inside the club.

Whoever it is, we will have to accept, but dont be so sure its what we think it is.

This is Arsenal after all.

OSBK

Established Member
why do some posters think we can get anyone we want as manager? not everyone wants to come to the UK and manage in the Premier League

Money talks.

Pep didnt grow up dreaming of managing city, give the guy his big wage and war chest and he will come.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
But why take the risk!? We can hire so many other managers who have experience but are young and play good football. We’re Arsenal ffs, it shouldn’t be just a shot between Allegri or Arteta.

Forget our rivals, how many other top flight clubs would give a complete rookie a shot? The only one I can think of is when Shearer got the Toon job.

Chelsea did it back in the day with Gullit and Vialli. They're the only ones i can think of.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Are you *? I said the budget would be £70m and that we'd probably spend £10om after player sales. Meaning the money from selling players would allow us to spend over the £70m budget, probably around £100m. We've done that in three of the last four years. ****ing simpleton.
Even using player sales, we still haven't spent over a £100m+ for 3 of the last four years you simpleton, ***** :lol::lol::lol:

You can't use ***** anymore bro, so stop this sh*t.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Even using player sales, we still haven't spent over a £100m+ for 3 of the last four years you simpleton, ***** :lol::lol::lol:

You can't use ***** anymore bro, so stop this sh*t.

Are you serious? 16/17 - £106.97m, 15/16 - £96.34m, 13/14 - £107.08m. Not quite £100m in one of the years but near enough.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
I think the real joke here, is that people believe the papers and certified ITK's, when no one really has an idea of what truly goes on inside the club.

Whoever it is, we will have to accept, but dont be so sure its what we think it is.

This is Arsenal after all.

5f9940355a280360d3ec3dc781fe8337.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom