• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

The signings we are making are bit underwhelming if you ask me. Would be nice if manager come out before season starts and tell us what the plan really is in next couple of years and why those signings were made!

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Sokratis and the Turkish Puyol for 50 million or Harry Maguire?

I choose Maguire. The guy is fantastic. Of course we want to go for the fancy foreign player, but I think it is a huge waste of funds.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The signings we are making are bit underwhelming if you ask me. Would be nice if manager come out and tell us what the plan really is in next couple of years and why those signings were made!

Doubt the manager has had much say in these signings. All on Sven.

Slightly underwhelming yes, but let's see where they bring us. The idea is good imo.

Tony's nose

The signings we are making are bit underwhelming if you ask me. Would be nice if manager come out before season starts and tell us what the plan really is in next couple of years and why those signings were made!
This is the sort of signings i expect the current regime to make , may get the occasional class signing but mostly this.

Feels like danny welbeck all over again

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Not too impressed to be honest. Just hoping he doesn't turnout to be a Silvestre/Squillaci signing.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Doubt the manager has had much say in these signings. All on Sven.

Slightly underwhelming yes, but let's see where they bring us. The idea is good imo.

Not to mention it looks like we're saving where we can to hopefully allow us to go big on a DM and another top CB or Winger. That's my hope anyway.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I mean this in a non-confrontational way:

Who would you not be underwhelmed by?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This is the sort of signings i expect the current regime to make , may get the occasional class signing but mostly this.

That's a bit harsh. Welbeck was and still is ****. Sokratis is one season removed from being a highly regarded centre back.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Seems very boring. I just hope Emery is looking to promote our exciting young talent.

I am a big believer in Nketiah, Maitland Niles, Da Silva, Nelsona and others.

We just need better direction. Wenger was always a false prophet for the youngsters. He always had them on the bench, but rarely he would be brave enough to select them. I hope Emery has the balls to do it.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Hopefully, it's one of those the whole is greater than the sum of its parts or whatever the hell that saying is that I always botch. In other words, hopefully he fits into the team and improves the defensive mindset of the club by being a competent cog that doesn't make many mistakes. Mustafi made mental errors every week and Kosc was barely able to move laterally so having a non-flashy quality guy who limits his mistakes should realistically improve us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Does Sokratis make the bench for any of our rivals let alone start for them?

This is a West Ham level signing I feel.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is where we are at the moment. People think we’re signing world class CB?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Sokratis is not going to be suddenly world class

Sokratis isn't a world class CB, he's a very good CB. Although Sokratis is certainly less error prone and more consistent than some certain CBs portrayed as being world class in the likes of Koulibaly, Manolas and Stones.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

Happy with Lichtsteiner, solid backup on a free and Bellerin should learn something.
Hugely disappointed with this however, yet another centre back under 6'2, rash, clumsy, 30 years old, declining and new to the league, I'd honestly rather have Evans.

That Bayern Dortmund game from last season was just on actually (5-0 at half-time) and he looks like a fat Mustafi.
Hopefully I'm wrong but I did have similar reservations over that Albanian berk.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Think too many on here don't know **** about Sokratis.

It's not necessarly an exciting signing, as a young gem would be prefered. Someone who has huge potential and at the same could already slot into the first elven straight away.
But Sokratis has been bordering worldclass in like two seasons for Dortmund and still been solid the rest of the time.
It's not like we are signing some looser but one of the top 30 CBs of the last years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom