• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ICC: Atletico Madrid v Arsenal | July 26, 2018 12:35 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gursha

Few things I noted from that game:

1. Doozy (as he shall henceforth be known) looks a talent. Looks like a nice blend of Xhaka's passing and El Neny mobility. Seemed to be everywhere today. MOTM for me.
  2. Ramsey was awful today, was largely anonymous the whole game and made a few stupid decisions. Wouldn't think he was playing for a contract.
  3. ESR looks quality
  4. Holding isn't good enough. He got turned inside out for their goal today (although admittedly Doozy or Bellerin could of stopped the header). Chambers is a much better player both on and off the ball.
  5. Cech could potentially end up being our first choice this season
  6. We look better with 4 at the back
  7. AMN is coming on nicely, could potentially benefit from a loan to another PL team to get regular minutes. Same with Nelson.
  8. Loved the fact that Emery stands on the touchline and constantly shouts directions and advice at our players as well as pointing out runs that they should be making, a refreshing change from a manager who mostly sat in his chair for 90 minutes.
  9. There are quite a few youth players in that team today who are clearly never going to make it.
Early days boys but things are looking up!

Agree with everything, specially the Ramsey part, he can be such a better player if he plays on his edge, looked today like he thinks he is bigger than the occasion, much arrogance in the play, laughs at losing possession, no real desire. i hope its only cause its preseason, cause its starting to worry me.

Reactions: Jae

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

In the likelihood that we don't bring in a 1v1 dribbler out wide, the hope is that Nelson looks more comfortable in the first team. Today was encouraging on that front. Looked threatening every time he carried the ball. Needs to do that continually, sometimes pull wider even, on the right to isolate his full-back. Doesn't always have to wait for Bellerin overlapping - Bellerin's underlaps are better than his overlaps anyway.

Looked far more comfortable attacking from the right interestingly, because when he plays wide left for the U23s, he looks more of a goalscoring threat. I want to see Nelson use his acceleration more to take up dangerous spots in the area.

It's only pre-season - Nelson looked pretty decent last year too playing at RWB. But small signs of encouragement.

LG10

Might have something to do with the great form they displayed togther at tje end of last season.
I'm sorry but Auba is one of the most deadly strikers in the penalty box there is. What's he gonna do out wide? Laca is a great option to come off the bench, he'll get lots of starts in the europa league.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I'm sorry but Auba is one of the most deadly strikers in the penalty box there is. What's he gonna do out wide?
Have you even watched this guy play for the last 5-6 years? Doesn't really matter if he's coming from the left or if he's playing up front, he'll get the goals because he's going to swap places at times with Laca.
They worked like that last year and he's the faster of the two, so it makes sense.
We're dodgy as it is when it comes to finishing and you want us to keep one of the most clinical strikers in Europe on the bench and just play him in EL?
I swear, whenever some of you guys bring this rubbish argument of him being wasted on the wing, it's like you avoid any sort of basic logic or his past playing out wide.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have you even watched this guy play for the last 5-6 years? Doesn't really matter if he's coming from the left or if he's playing up front, he'll get the goals because he's going to swap places at times with Laca.
They worked like that last year and he's the faster of the two, so it makes sense.
We're dodgy as it is when it comes to finishing and you want us to keep one of the most clinical strikers in Europe on the bench and just play him in EL?
I swear, whenever some of you guys bring this rubbish argument of him being wasted on the wing, it's like you avoid any sort of basic logic or his past playing out wide.
I'm slightly not happy with this.

Hope we play 442 with Özil wide, much better.

LG10

What's the point of being a great finisher when you are too slow, weak, and don't have great movement? Lacazette was useless in most away games, he's hardly a crucial player for us. He'll do more damage coming off the bench when there'll be tired legs and more space.

I'm sure Auba can play on the wing but he's much better in the centre so why play him wide? It worked last year in dead rubber (home) games where everyone was playing out of their skins for Wenger's last games. I'd rather play one of our best players in their best position.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I didn't get to catch much of the game, how did we look? How was our attack, midfield, and defense? Who stood out, and who looked like they struggled?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What's the point of being a great finisher when you are too slow, weak, and don't have great movement? Lacazette was useless in most away games, he's hardly a crucial player for us. He'll do more damage coming off the bench when there'll be tired legs and more space.
Clueless.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I didn't get to catch much of the game, how did we look? How was our attack, midfield, and defense? Who stood out, and who looked like they struggled?
Hope someone better informed will answer you

* we tried 4 and 5 at the back.
* we still suck at defending
* Doozy and ESR stood out. Nelson and AMN had decent games.
* Ramsey quite anonymous
* Kola needs to up his defensive game.
* Our play lacked that final pass without Mkhi or Özil.
* Chambers needs to step up and step out.
* Cech is till No. 1

Jae

No way he was man of the match. Looked out of his depth. Which is to be expected. He's not used to the pace of top tier football yet. Got caught while being pressed over and over again just outside our box. It's good that he only did it now and can learn from it.

First thing:
  1. Did you actually watch the game?
  2. Are you the kind of person who rates Xhaka?
  3. Who would you been your MOTM?
Don't undestand this comment at all. He got caught a couple of times but who didn't in that game? He looked head and shoulders above Ramsey who was terrible from start to finish (and playing the exact same position). He was comfortably better than the majority of players on the pitch.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

apart from the first few minutes, we dominated first 30 or so. mocement was great, tempo and energy level. there were some really slick moves and chances created. end of the half Madrid started doing more as we begin to play it too confident and relaxed a bit. started well the 2nd half but faded a bit again when we switched to 3 at back, but also cause both teams changed bodies.

think Guendouzi had very interesting game. started so well he barely put a foot wrong but as the game went on he started to make mistakes which imo are to be expected and were the clear result of first game at new club (at such age and difficulty of position).
really liked him and his confidence.

Smith Rowe never stops impressing. his energetic work on both sides of the pitch is refreshing. that turn he has, agility to escape from defenders looks special.
Nelson too was energetic and lively. had a moment in first 10 minutes when he literally left 4 defenders behind him like nothing, and kept trying for the rest of the match. if it was a PL/EL game madrid’s left back would have a yellow by the half time, and a warning for a red

will rewatch the game for more detailed look, but I also thought Kola and Musti did well, while Laca got hom some good opportunities but couldnt score today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom