• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal v Brentford | September 26, 2018 19:45 BST

Who will advance to the 4th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not a much of a youth developer so far into his Arsenal career but that might change when he finds out that there is actually a very limited founds for the transfer market.

Hopefully Nketiah and Willock can get loan after new year! They need game time at higher level than u-23.
As much as I hate the loan system, they definitely should have gone. U23 football has nothing for them now, Ljungberg' s coaching being the only upside.

Emery will be vindicated as long as we are winning and I'm very happy with that. A few squad players are better since his arrival so that is a plus too. The lack of presence of the likes of Nketiah however remain the only disappointment for me outside of the lack of a convincing strategy (which I do believe will improve). I am now of the belief that they won't get the chances needed this season so at least I won't be disappointed as much when they don't play!

Saying that, at least Emery likes Smith-Rowe and he seems to be the kind of pressing AM that Emery wants going forward.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

giphy.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Contrary to some who would like to see more academy players, I think it's absolutely right to give game time to first team bench players like Iwobi, Welbeck, Elneny, Leno, Holding, Mkhitaryan and field a relatively strong XI. Not cause of the competition. But I think it's been one of the big downfalls of Wenger to give exactly these guys not enough competetive game time and field disjointed teams in the cups with lots of youngsters. The only time he kind of did give the bench lads a stroll out was in the EL.

At times guys like Elneny, Welbeck or Iwobi would play maybe 30 minutes over the span of 4 or 5 weeks - 10 mins here, another 15 there, etc. Then when they were actually called upon to start and perform they were shockingly unsharp and uncompetitive. I don't think that's a surprise if over the course of a couple of weeks you'd only have had say 25 minutes of competetive game time. One or two youngsters is alright, the rest have to be the guys not regularly starting to keep them in shape and form.

All other big teams have fielded good starting XIs yesterday and tonight. It's sort of traditional at Arsenal to give the youngsters a shot in the League Cup, but I think too much of it was detrimental to the form of bench players.

Giving Nketiah 90 minutes tonight doesn't help the club in any way. Giving Welbeck 90 and the confidence of 2 goals scored will make the difference if he's called upon on the weekend.
I remember a time on here when your view point wasn’t popular, many of us felt that Wenger was wasting minutes by giving them to dross at the expense of a young player fulfilling his potential.

Think the true solution is a bit of both and we’ve made this easier by increasing the base level of player we have. Everyone seems to have a chance of starting so they are no longer viewed as a waste of minutes, and we’ve sent off our two prospects in most need of minutes away on loan. Basically having our cake and eating it.

Don’t know if it was bound to happen or done by design but it’s good squad management if the latter.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
As much as I hate the loan system, they definitely should have gone. U23 football has nothing for them now, Ljungberg' s coaching being the only upside.

Emery will be vindicated as long as we are winning and I'm very happy with that. A few squad players are better since his arrival so that is a plus too. The lack of presence of the likes of Nketiah however remain the only disappointment for me outside of the lack of a convincing strategy (which I do believe will improve). I am now of the belief that they won't get the chances needed this season so at least I won't be disappointed as much when they don't play!

Saying that, at least Emery likes Smith-Rowe and he seems to be the kind of pressing AM that Emery wants going forward.
We will never know but I don't see why we wouldn't have won this game if Nketiah, Willock and Mavropanos had been on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom