• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
CB, winger, cm in that order.

We should only sign players if they actually improves us. Cahill can piss off tbh.

Banega improves us though.

Heck I give Guendouzi **** all The time but rather play him than banega

Banega solves nothing for us

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
In case everyone forgot, Emery had a defensive problem at PSG as well (outside the french puppet league). And they have all the money in the world.

HBL

Established Member
Heck I give Guendouzi **** all The time but rather play him than banega

Banega solves nothing for us
Yeah but you thought Ramsey was good today so hardly surprising.

Banega is a quality player, would bring in some much needed depth that Ramsey/Elneny aren't providing because they're useless.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We bought Aubameyang with out CL footie - there's always a way to buy top players if you've got the cash and the will.
At the time we had Wenger who was a massive draw and our style of play was also still fresh in many minds despite recent events. A new younger manager without Wenger's pulling power, little money and no stand out trait isn't going to cut it especially without CL football. Auba also wanted out. Any player in his position mow has at least five PL clubs better than ours to chose from.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Call me obsessed but I blame Arséne Wenger for this and whatever else that happens this season.

He had ruined this team so much so it would take seasons before we could be decent again. We need at least another three seasons with good spending and spotting quality players.

One mistake Klopp did in his development was he started in the attack. We should first focus on the defense as we are capable of scoring goals even with AMN against a team who has only conceded 7 prior goals.
You are obsessed. Playing into the owner's pocket. "Let's have a few years of quiet rebuilding"... Yeah, like in the Championship.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I was just about to post this.

It's infuriating. I've got nothing against Sokratis, he's decent but he isn't the level we need to take our defence up a level. He cost us £18M, that's £18M that could have gone into buying a truly top level CB. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

I'd rather spend all our budget on one class player than 2-3 jobbers.

I don't agree though.
Even if we've got a top top CB you'd still have to play him alongside Mustafi/a finished koscielny/Lich when Bellerin gets injured.

Sokratis was a good signing and was needed anyway. He's more than a jobber. We should have signed him alongside at least another very good/top CB. And that's what I've been saying the whole summer.

Sokratis isn't an Elneny type of signing which was absolutely pointless.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Wenger gave Emery a hospital ball when it came to those two players. The fact that Özil's omission is a problem due to his wages is on Wenger for paying over the odds in desperation. He showed no urgency in getting him tied down early and left it to a point where this contract is now an albatross around our necks. Ramsey should also never have been allowed to run his deal down.

It is what it is. Emery knew what he was getting into when he took the job. Özil's new contract was already signed and Ramsey's situation wasn't a secret.

Leaving out Özil the guy who supposedly doesn't track back or put in a defensive shift hasn't made us more secure defensively. We also aren't better creatively. Same with Ramsey. We aren't a demonstrably better team without them in the side, so why leave them out and make your job harder?

If Emery wants Özil gone then what he is doing right now is counterproductive. Who would touch Özil now that he's been frozen out of the team? For anything close to resembling a reasonable fee?

Emery could have played Özil every week, let him rack up some assists and goals against fodder. Big him up in his press conferences and interviews, then quietly offer him around Europe in January. Ferguson used to do it all the time. The man came out after a game crying about how important Rooney was to United all the while trying to get him sold.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Quite a few Liverpool fans on Twitter admitting their pens were soft BTW. Dunno what’s that counts for..... feck all I suspect.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It is what it is. Emery knew what he was getting into when he took the job. Özil's new contract was already signed and Ramsey's situation wasn't a secret.

Leaving out Özil the guy who supposedly doesn't track back or put in a defensive shift hasn't made us more secure defensively. We also aren't better creatively. Same with Ramsey. We aren't a demonstrably better team without them in the side, so why leave them out and make your job harder?

If Emery wants Özil gone then what he is doing right now is counterproductive. Who would touch Özil now that he's been frozen out of the team? For anything close to resembling a reasonable fee?

Emery could have played Özil every week, let him rack up some assists and goals against fodder. Big him up in his press conferences and interviews, then quietly offer him around Europe in January. Ferguson used to do it all the time. The man came out after a game crying about how important Rooney was to United all the while trying to get him sold.

Except Özil has injuries issues.

I don't get the narrative about how Emery is freezing Özil out when he's started more game than Mkhi Iwobi & Ramsey.

How many games Özil hasn't played when he was available?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

oxil.png

Özil watching the game at home, sipping his tea.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Bang on. Management of the clubs' finances has been utterly useless past 5 years. We were in a position of strength with those said cash reserves, managed to spunk the majority on very average signings whilst letting our highest value assets leave for peanuts. Looking at the squad today, I think we need 4 first team players, nevermind a couple more signings for options off the bench.

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - signing - signing
Torreira- signing
signing- Özil - Aubameyang
Lacazette​

On top of that imo we'd still need a backup CDM to replace torreira, another winger (Nelson could suffice), backup RB, and at least one backup forward. Maybe another CM/CAM too.

Add to the mix Cech, Welbeck,Lichsteiner, Ramsey, Monreal are all off end of the season , safe to say our team is a proper mess

We've got a huge sponsorship deal with Addidas kicking in shortly, we need to spend that additional income in advance and really invest in the squad.

I also don't understand why we have any cash reserves at all, every spare dollar we have in the bank is wasted. It should be reinvested in the first team and a revolving line of credit used to cover any shortfalls in Opex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom