• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2019

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't know how they able to get these kind of money for players that barely play

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

So nearly 35m for 2 players nowhere near the starting 11 and probably pay abit more and get a decent player. Thats how you do it.

TornadoTed

Established Member
They were paying Solanke £25,000 a week and Origi £35,000. Arsenal was paying Lucas Perez £80,000. Smaller clubs can afford the wages Liverpool pays their fringe players.

There's the rub, we pay our dross too much. If Jenkinson had of been on £20k instead of £45k we would have got rid of him years ago and probably got a few quid.

If there is one thing that massively needs to change at Arsenal its contracts and wages.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
They were paying Solanke £25,000 a week and Origi £35,000. Arsenal was paying Lucas Perez £80,000. Smaller clubs can afford the wages Liverpool pays their fringe players.

This should be one of the priorities of the new regime. Wage structure should be revamped. Buying younger players like Guendouzi who don't command large wages and not extending players under inflated conditions (Ramsey) is a step in the right direction IMO.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I don't know how they able to get these kind of money for players that barely play

Read somewhere that Liverpool inflate the prices while announcing the sales (not sure if this is possible legally), they did something similar when they sold Suarez to Barcelona for 75 m but the actual price was far lower.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
FIFA should investigate Liverpool for this

I can't believe it :lol:
We should hire their negociating team :lol:

I also think they make smarter investments.
They sign players with natural physical abilities who are suited to play for a smaller side who plays a much more physical game.

I think that's the main reason why they get so much money from Sakho / Origi / Benteke. Because they can fit into smaller teams.

Whereas a player like Perez/Elneny doesn't have as much value to them.
Mustafi is a small/kinda weak CB whereas Sakho is a beast.

It's not a coincidence if our better sales lately have been Walcott (fast) / the Ox (fast & strong ) & Giroud (strong).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think that's the main reason why they get so much money from Sakho / Origi / Benteke. Because they can fit into smaller teams.

Whereas a player like Perez/Elneny doesn't have as much value to them.
Mustafi is a small/kinda weak CB whereas Sakho is a beast.

It's not a coincidence if our better sales lately have been Walcott (fast) / the Ox (fast & strong ) & Giroud (strong).
In fairness, the club did accept a £10m bid from Leicester for Elneny but he chose to stay. But in other cases, we need to do a better job of selling at the right time. Teams were willing to bid £10m for Joel Campbell in 2014 and the club kept him, even though it was questionable whether Wenger truly rated him. Also Palace bid £16m for Chambers in 2017 but the club wanted to hold out for £27m, even though Leicester also bid £20m at the time. I'm not sure if those types of bids are going to come again this summer.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom