• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Overall, I'm very happy with the results and tactical prowess Unai has displayed so far. One of my major frustrations is that he does not seem to integrate youth players as much (Guendouzi aside). I would always take the risk with highly talented youth players, rather than Elneny (or Jenkinson) for example. He also doesn't seem to give minutes to young players when the match basically has been won.

Willock and Nketiah could've been much more involved, and Saka or Ameachi could've possibly been rewarded with some minutes as well.

I also really don't fancy the current formation, but I see it as a short-term solution. I hope Unai does as well.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Overall, I'm very happy with the results and tactical prowess Unai has displayed so far. One of my major frustrations is that he does not seem to integrate youth players as much (Guendouzi aside). I would always take the risk with highly talented youth players, rather than Elneny (or Jenkinson) for example. He also doesn't seem to give minutes to young players when the match basically has been won.

Willock and Nketiah could've been much more involved, and Saka or Ameachi could've possibly been rewarded with some minutes as well.

I also really don't fancy the current formation, but I see it as a short-term solution. I hope Unai does as well.

Agreed, but I think its necessitated by only having AMN and Kolasinac as legitimate fullback options. I think the away game vs Sp**s is more indicative of how he wants to set us up in the future

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
They both showed their level last night, if we're honest. I know I'll be downvoted for this though.
I don't know about downvoting, where does one vote??? But seriously, look at these guys' stats. Under which criteria are they not in the top 20 strikers in Europe?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This is Emery's first season with us, I am pretty satisfied with his first year with us, I'm more then happy to give him another few years at least, preferably if he makes a few good signings, that is if he gets the right money though.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I don't know about downvoting, where does one vote??? But seriously, look at these guys' stats. Under which criteria are they not in the top 20 strikers in Europe?
They are, but that's more because the striker market has been pathetic for over a decade. Blame the advent of one up top.

I'm being harsh and I love both those guys. They're just both limited in several yet different ways and it frustrates me.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
These guys have scored whackloads of goals in credible leagues, Auba has scored a fair few here already. I believe it's ensuring they get service. We haven't had a winger since Pires.

These guys have scored whackloads of goals in credible leagues, Auba has scored a fair few here already. I believe it's ensuring they get service. We haven't had a winger since Pires.

Yeah, I actually think they have both done well this season, you look at their goals and it is very good...

But... When you watch game, Auba miss awful lot of sitters! And Lacazette still don't take enough shots, I think he is at 3 or something average on game, I want to see it go up between 4-5. I think it is good season to build upon from them, but I still hope for improvements for next season because I think they can both do better!

boyinneedofhumor

This is Emery's first season with us, I am pretty satisfied with his first year with us, I'm more then happy to give him another few years at least, preferably if he makes a few good signings, that is if he gets the right money though.
Might have to clear out further parts of existing squad before/during/after splashing any cash... at his discretion or otherwise...

progman07

Established Member
Hopefully he starts the summer with selling Mustafi, improving on Xhaka (good squad rotation player but partly the reason we are an EL quality team right now), and buying a full-back.

It's unbelievable how significant that summer was retrospectively, when we spend 70+ million on those two players...

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You think Juventus are signing a player who’s just had a good 6 months in 3 years? Leave it out.
Actually it's 3-4 months of good form currently, but I think he will survive playing like this until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom