• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | April 21st | KO: 16:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IchirotoV2

Emery wasn't the one who thought it a good idea to drop 35M on Mustafi.

He'd get physically monstered.

The likes of AMN and Guendouzi have completed their apprenticeships, they both know how to cope with the physicality of top flight football.

I doubt Willock would, he needs to go out on loan.
Not based on this game

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
DNt2nDOUQAAXDO-.jpg

Some photographs haunt us for many years. Who knows how long this one will continue to haunt us for.

He produced a Mustafi classic for today. Sure, the rash tackles and the ill-timed slips are an integral part of his portfolio. But it's those golden moments when he literally forgets his number one duty as a defender to concentrate on the attacker that make him the phenomenon that he is.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm ****ing sick of having players who lack the physical capacity to compete at the highest level. Why do we buy mentality weak, thick, slow, physically weak players.

I'm also done with Emery. He is a competent manager who may just about get us into top four. However that is his level. We aren't winning things with him and we aren't building a title winning squad with him. Too conservative and has constant terrible decisions in line ups and in game.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
These are the moments where Emery shows that he isn't the type of manager we can rebuild with.

Good for the short to medium term, but this defensive small minded bullshit is not something we can be playing in three years time.

Lets get into the Champions League and then lets spend some ****ing money.
I've been highly critical of Emery all season. He has yet to convince me that he's the manager to take us forward but I'm willing to give him another season and hope it works out.

His decision making this season has been atrocious though. It's been hidden based on that lucky non losing streak but the amount of times he's gotten lineups absolutely wrong is farcical.
I really would prefer we lose a match playing attacking football instead of playing at home and also against the worst team in the league away with 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders.

say yes

forum master baiter
That’s an absolute hammer-blow to our top 4 hopes. Appalling performance against a club who posed an obvious threat.

Absolutely despise Mustafi and Elneny. Starting them alongside Mavropanos, Jenkinson and Guendouzi was madness.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
This game is the perfect example of my problem with our lack of squad rotation.

Sure Elnothing started recently and Jenkinson played in the cups and they are both atrocious but what do we expect from them?

Jenkinson starting his second premier league game and it's April. We can't just pull guys out from the cold and expect them to perform.

We are obsessed with playing this mythical "best XI" till everyone breaks down and gets in the red zone then we rush to rotate half fit guys into the team. Ferguson didn't start the same United XI for 78 weeks or something crazy like that. Nothing mad either in terms of rotation, just one or new players every week.

Fans would have had a conniption if a starting XI came out and El- Neny was in it alongside Xhaka with Torreira on the bench for the odd game here and there but that is what we should have been doing all season.

Is it any wonder that our guys are picking up muscle injuries now when we've been overplaying them all season?

EDIT:

It is also lunacy to bring in so many bench players at once. Acceptable rotation would be as follows

Iwobi-Auba-Özil

--Xhaka-Torreira-Ramsey

Monreal-Kos-Mavropanos-Bellerin/AMN

OR

That same team with Sokratis-Kos at the back and Jenkinson at RB. OR a regular back 4 but with Elneny in midfield instead of Xhaka and Lacazette instead of Özil.

You don't weaken 4/5 positions at the same time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not blaming Emery for this. He’s trying to manage injuries, players banned and rotation for the Europa League.

At the sharp end of the season you need your squad players? You look at who United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea have to come on and we’ve got Jenkinson, Elneny, Mustafi ffs.

It’s the same old, same old. Cazorla’s injured, and an old Flamini on a free replaces him. And everybody sh*ts on the manager instead of understanding the real problem.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm ****ing sick of having players who lack the physical capacity to compete at the highest level. Why do we buy mentality weak, thick, slow, physically weak players.

I'm also done with Emery. He is a competent manager who may just about get us into top four. However that is his level. We aren't winning things with him and we aren't building a title winning squad with him. Too conservative and has constant terrible decisions in line ups and in game.
Emery doing what he can with these players it's miracle we 4th and in EL semi finals with these kind of players I don't expect any other manager could have done better

Aevi

Hale End FC

This. He picks the easy way out.
I think that's trying to be deep when it really isn't that deep. Most mistakes are an exit, mistakes by nature involve losing control of the ball. I struggle to think of any mistake that wouldn't fall under that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom