• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolves v Arsenal | April 24, 2019 | KO: 19:45 BST

Can we be slightly less crap than Chelsea and get 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fair point.

Mind you, both Liverpool's administrative heirarchy never settled for mediocrity the way ours have.

As the saying goes, a fish always rots from the head first.

They’ve had their bleak times too, the Hicks and Gilette ownership was on balance probably worse than Kroenke.

Another summer like last year and we’ll be well on the right track.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Emery isn't here for the long-term
That's the problem though. Once Wenger left we just needed to not do a repeat of United. What needed to be done was relatively straightforward. You get rid of the players you know won't do anything for us. You inject a decent amount of youth into the team, whether from the academy or up and coming youth players from elsewhere. Keep our spending down and save. Yeah, we might have issues for a couple of seasons but we'd be better off in the long term.

All we have now is a defence that's being held together by Kos and the last remains of his tendons. A midfield that's lost its best player. Xhaka being our best midfielder even though he's just not good enough. And 2 strikers who have been known to shït the bed a lot too often.

The club is shambolic from the top down and all we can do is hope it gets better in the future.

JuanCarlosValeron

At least the financial restrictions imposed upon us meant that we had to be somewhat innovative with regard to recruitment. The january window of 2006 in which we signed Adebayor, Diaby and Theo was incredibly exciting. I still remember Diabt impressing everyone during his first training session, Adebayor bringing some much needed physique in his debut against Birmingham, Eboue dominating the right side in the Champions League in conjunction with the tireless Hleb. Employing a wealth of incompetent pr-men meant that AW also had to do their jobs. That coincided with us getting a bit of money, thereby becoming lazy and purchasing players that could just avout get us over the top 4 line. Sp**s started copying the old Arsenal approach and suddenly our top 4 players could no longer compete when Erikssen, Alli and Son started to blossom.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Tragic. Emery hasn't got us playing any better than before Wenger left. We played better stuff early on in the season

Better is a bit generous as even back then a lot of performances was drab. We were just getting results at the same time. Now the luck has stopped going our way.

Dj_sds -

I think he has, he has become the master of pointless bustle. Looks busy when he carries the ball but carries it nowhere most of the time and has no end product. He was much more incisive when he first appeared on the scene.

I agree he struggles in the final third but other than that i like the way he plays. He is direct and can drive the team forward effectively. I think his lack of end product is mental and not a lack of quality. And its something he can and will improve on.

Polar Bear

Awful performance. I knew this would be a very hard game, but really worried we won't make top 4 now, Leicester and Burnley are gonna be very hard to beat at their grounds, I know our home form is good but Brighton are playing like mad men the last 2 matches against Wolves and Spuds, and desperate to stay up.. I don't think its gonna be a foregone conclusion we win that easily either.

Way too many 5 yard passes, pass pass pass pass pass but no shots. how many shots did we actually have on target? barely any. This has been a big problem since Wenger days, too much passing and not enough shots. Dejavu from the last 14 years.

Dj_sds -

The thing with Emery is that he makes safe choices. He played AMN at right back because he's played there for the first team before he even arrived. Even then, he was initially reticent in actually giving him much game time.

Look at Guendouzi, he's played multiple games to our detriment when the likes of Ramsey and Torreira would've been better suited. That wasn't him choosing who was better.

At the end of the day the fact still remains, you won't know how good a player can be until they've gotten some time to play. Every youth player needs that chance. At the end of it, you find out if they are good enough or not. Emery has basically fücked our youth system with his need to play dross like Elneny and not actually give some of those players a chance.

I dont know emerys thought proces but i still believe game time should be earned and not given.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

At least the financial restrictions imposed upon us meant that we had to be somewhat innovative with regard to recruitment. The january window of 2006 in which we signed Adebayor, Diaby and Theo was incredibly exciting. I still remember Diabt impressing everyone during his first training session, Adebayor bringing some much needed physique in his debut against Birmingham, Eboue dominating the right side in the Champions League in conjunction with the tireless Hleb. Employing a wealth of incompetent pr-men meant that AW also had to do their jobs. That coincided with us getting a bit of money, thereby becoming lazy and purchasing players that could just avout get us over the top 4 line. Sp**s started copying the old Arsenal approach and suddenly our top 4 players could no longer compete when Erikssen, Alli and Son started to blossom.

It is crazy looking back at it, Wenger and the club had hit on a winning policy.

Sign young players who show promise, not all will make it but if you have good enough scouting you should strike gold enough times to be in the black and remain competitive.

Fast forward a decade and we’re having windows with either no outfield players or windows bringing in players with no resale value.

Absolutely infuriating.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That's the problem though. Once Wenger left we just needed to not do a repeat of United. What needed to be done was relatively straightforward. You get rid of the players you know won't do anything for us. You inject a decent amount of youth into the team, whether from the academy or up and coming youth players from elsewhere. Keep our spending down and save. Yeah, we might have issues for a couple of seasons but we'd be better off in the long term.

All we have now is a defence that's being held together by Kos and the last remains of his tendons. A midfield that's lost its best player. Xhaka being our best midfielder even though he's just not good enough. And 2 strikers who have been known to shït the bed a lot too often.

The club is shambolic from the top down and all we can do is hope it gets better in the future.
This is the opposite of United though. All Emery has to do is retool the squad, get back into the CL and hopefully get to a point where the club is either challenging for the league or at least comfortably top 4 like Sp**s this season.

If anything, a lot of people want to do exactly what United did and try to find the next Fergie/Wenger even though you'll never see managers like that again.

Ashybashy86

They can follow his game plan most of the time at home, but can’t do it away. His Sevilla side also suffered from an inability to carry out his game plan away from home for an entire season. :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It is crazy looking back at it, Wenger and the club had hit on a winning policy.

Sign young players who show promise, not all will make it but if you have good enough scouting you should strike gold enough times to be in the black and remain competitive.

Fast forward a decade and we’re having windows with either no outfield players or windows bringing in players with no resale value.

Absolutely infuriating.
Letting Cesc and Nasri go in the same window was a disaster. Wenger never recovered from that. Completely changed the age profile of players he went for after that to avoid getting his heart broken

Manberg

Predator

Absolutely infuriating.

I think it's because the media kept going on and on and on about how we lacked experience. That's what created this change in policy.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I don’t give a monkeys about that mate. It’s utterly ridiculous to keep swapping your manger out every season. Crazy talk. Sounds like you be happy with a well-defined “style” and siting lower in the table?
We aren't getting results anymore in conjunction with the lack of style. So what exactly is redeeming any of this?

It cannot be difficult to coach players to play more determinedly and to press, at the very least. It just can't.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Now that was painful. Didn’t see the game but when I checked the halftime score I couldn’t believe my eyes. 3-0 down at halftime to ****ing Wolves... ****ing unbelievable! Time for a gin & tonic! Cheers chaps!

Last edited:

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
I dont know emerys thought proces but i still believe game time should be earned and not given.
While I agree that game time should be earned I think you have to judge players differently based on their experience. You look at a seasoned pro in training and you know exactly what you're going to get from them in a game. When it comes to youth player you have to see that spark, they aren't going to be as polished as the veterans but when you see the spark you have to try and nurture it. If not, you might as well not have a youth system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom