• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

13 goals in 34 games for a striker ain't good enough for player of the season.

That's not what I meant. :lol: Who would you have in his place? Goals aside I reckon you'd be struggling to find anyone else as important to the team bar Auba.

That's not what I meant. :lol: Who would you have in his place? Goals aside I reckon you'd be struggling to find anyone else as important to the team bar Auba.

Yeah, honestly I'm one of Lacazette biggest critic but I can't find player who played better than him this season. Maybe Leno but then you would get argument about our terrible defense which he is a part of. It just show how much issues we have in other positions.

OSBK

Established Member

Spot on. For me its close but laca has to get it, he has been the most consistant out of all the players. Leno has been superb but that early spell of adjustment has cost him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
For me it would’ve been a toss up between him and Leno. He has 18 goals and 12 assists in all comps at a rate of one every 101 minutes. Only Aubameyang has more than that with 25 goals and 8 assists but with one every 106 minutes.

thierrytheking14

I'm a big Lacazette fan but was a bit shocked at the award. Didn't think hes played well enough to justify it.

But when you actually give it serious thought no one else jumps out at you.

Aubameyang has scored a good few but has been completely anonymous in large stretches.

Leno has had some great games but has had a few gaffes as well.

Sokratis had a great start to the season but has looked shaky last while.

No one has played well consistently throughout the season to deserve it head 'n shoulders above anyone else.

Which is thoroughly disappointing more than anything else :eek:ops:

OSBK

Established Member
I'm a big Lacazette fan but was a bit shocked at the award. Didn't think hes played well enough to justify it.

But when you actually give it serious thought no one else jumps out at you.

Aubameyang has scored a good few but has been completely anonymous in large stretches.

Leno has had some great games but has had a few gaffes as well.

Sokratis had a great start to the season but has looked shaky last while.

No one has played well consistently throughout the season to deserve it head 'n shoulders above anyone else.

Which is thoroughly disappointing more than anything else :eek:ops:

Good points. I think with laca you have to look at his overall game and effect on the team. He is much stronger than i thought, he holds off top defenders brilliantly. He is displaying skills which i didnt think he had in his locker, some of his footwork is great to watch. His attitude and desire not just to his workrate but to the shirt, this guy bleeds arsenal.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Good points. I think with laca you have to look at his overall game and effect on the team. He is much stronger than i thought, he holds off top defenders brilliantly.

How weak did you imagine he’d be if he’s stronger than you think? He never holds off defenders he gets bullied regularly and he’s always on the floor looking at the ref.

His physicality is his biggest weakness, he’s small weak and slow. Not enough for the top PL sides.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well I think he got player of the season because he done every thing you got to ask for striker yes he could have done with more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom