• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_girl14

What does this forum have against Xhaka?
My mates who went to the game all thought he played well.

I can't speak for the whole forum, but IMO Xhaka does not possess any of the crucial qualities that we need from a CM, especially in the deep position that he plays for us. He has poor positioning, tackling and no ball winning skills. He is a poor defender who does not protect our (already vulnerable) CBs at all. He has no pace, physicality or power and often gives away stupid fouls. He hasn't been quite as error-prone this season as he was last, but he is still good for at least one or two brain farts per game (he had one today). IMO his strength is his passing and I think that's what Wenger saw in him to control the midfield, but he has provem to be too deficient in those other areas. He doesn't really dribble. IMO he is neither defending nor attacking, that's why the balance of our midfield is so off. We end up using him more as a DM but he often leaves us exposed at the back, and his lack of mobility and pace often means our midfield is easily overrun.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I can’t agree. Xhaka sets the tempo of the passing throughout the team
That sure explains why we are so damn slow in our buildup, because if that sloth sets the 'tempo' in anything we are in trouble.

Some of his passes and tackles are very risky and they sometimes cost us but I appreciate risk over cowardice.
Well, if you like misplaced passes and cheap unnecessary fouls Xhaka is definitely your player. Too bad he has to play for Arsenal...

zilfy

I can't speak for the whole forum, but IMO Xhaka does not possess any of the crucial qualities that we need from a CM, especially in the deep position that he plays for us. He has poor positioning, tackling and no ball winning skills. He is a poor defender who does not protect our (already vulnerable) CBs at all. He has no pace, physicality or power and often gives away stupid fouls. He hasn't been quite as error-prone this season as he was last, but he is still good for at least one or two brain farts per game (he had one today). IMO his strength is his passing and I think that's what Wenger saw in him to control the midfield, but he has provem to be too deficient in those other areas. He doesn't really dribble. IMO he is neither defending nor attacking, that's why the balance of our midfield is so off. We end up using him more as a DM but he often leaves us exposed at the back, and his lack of mobility and pace often means our midfield is easily overrun.
An even his passing seems off this season. Where are those glorious long balls hes known for? We fielded lightning fast forwards today and I think he only attempted one long ball, which landed lion the central halfs chest, just as they have all season

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I can’t agree. Xhaka sets the tempo of the passing throughout the team and it’s an important role he plays and I think he does pretty well. Not amazing but no where near as poor as some people say. Some of his passes and tackles are very risky and they sometimes cost us but I appreciate risk over cowardice.
You mean the slow, lethargic passing that's pissing everyone off? It took him about 16 minutes to make a meaningful forward pass. He couldn't turn with the ball today. It was Torreira who was trying things.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

What does this forum have against Xhaka?
My mates who went to the game all thought he played well.

He just reminds them how ugly and weak they are when they see his presence on the pitch. They hate him because he is everything what they aren't.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He just reminds them how ugly and weak they are when they see his presence on the pitch. They hate him because he is everything what they aren't.
Yup, that must be it! He's by far the most perfect midfielder I have ever seen. Never puts a foot wrong. I bet he didn't even cry when he was born. Just lay there with the halo around his head. Football god.

Erlis

You should be ashamed for jumping on his throat for no reason. Have you got no decency?

NZgunner

Xhaka had a very good game hence the win.

Hence the win :rofl:

Xhaka's two most influential moments in the game were when he baled out of contesting a header for West Ham's goal, and then spraying one of those wonderful raking cross-field balls he is so renowned for across our penalty area and almost setting them up for a second.

The Premier League is simply too fast for him, he might look good in Serie A - let's hope we see that in the new year.

tcahill

Xhaka's passing through the lines was good today. Managed to get the ball up the field quickly. That's his greatest (only?) strength. Defensively was poor.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hence the win :rofl:

Xhaka's two most influential moments in the game were when he baled out of contesting a header for West Ham's goal, and then spraying one of those wonderful raking cross-field balls he is so renowned for across our penalty area and almost setting them up for a second.

The Premier League is simply too fast for him, he might look good in Serie A - let's hope we see that in the new year.
He also turned away from a block a minute or so before our goal. Absolute coward!

Erlis

He is the best midfielder at Arsenal and not only. If he is not made for Pl or any league who is then?

Repeating yourselves like parrots though he's been proving you wrong each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom