• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I'm not sure what you're arguing tbh. You can't really disagree that losing Flamini and Hleb effected the team quite a bit, especially because the Fabregas/Denilson partnership didn't work early on. A combination of that and a lot of injuries caused the decline that season.

But you just looked how we were like and what we missed in quality.

EPL competition was different back than and we had quality squad with competing with "big 4 ".We've done that.Utd's title in 2008 wasn't same like one in 2013.They had two great teams against them ( Arsenal and Chelsea ) in 2008 and almost zero competition in 2013,despite dropped off their quality.Different seasons,different squads etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think Chelsea like him a lot to be honest. They have a song for him and he won two titles there, top three player along with Hazard and Costa for them as well.

He’s probably a legend there tbh.
Good to hear, atleast he’s a legend somewhere.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Something out of the ordinary must happen for you to be a cult hero. Cazorla is abit of a cult hero just because of the way he went out and the pure love he seems to have for the club.

It’s harder to be a cult hero than a legend sometimes.

Is C.Ronaldo Utd's cult hero ?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cult heroes is probably a really good term to describe almost legendary players. I'd have Kos and Sagna as legends but without a title, icons or cult heroes is probably more accurate.

Rosicky would be my fav cult hero of the Emirates era, even though most will say he was way to injury prone, which I agree with.

One of my fav players outside Arsenal when I was growing up, just a great little player, was over the moon when he was bought in 2006, wanted long hair as I kid because of him and Pires...loved that he always turned up against Sp**s too!

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
samsung-eo-didier-drogba-i-asked-my-son-whos-your-18349060.png

...when your own son doesn’t have your back, how can you be a bigger legend than Titi!
Drogba is a great on and off the pitch. Peak Drog was up there with Alan Shearer as the best traditional CF the prem has seen imo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rosicky would be my fav cult hero of the Emirates era, even though most will say he was way to injury prone, which I agree with.

One of my fav players outside Arsenal when I was growing up, just a great little player, was over the moon when he was bought in 2006, wanted long hair as I kid because of him and Pires...loved that he always turned up against Sp**s too!

That sounds like a personal fave than a cult fave. What did Rosicky ever do for cult status? Jack has cult status maybe, came through the ranks, played great, mocked Sp**s etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I wouldn't say so.

He won everything at Utd,but didn't refuse offer from Real.Their real legends are Giggs,Scholes etc.
That’s like Henry with us. So he isn’t a legend now?

Liverpool fans with Suarez and Utd fans with Ronaldo still talk about those players like they haven’t left.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
That’s like Henry with us. So he isn’t a legend now?

Liverpool fans with Suarez and Utd fans with Ronaldo still talk about those players like they haven’t left.

Think that Henry was little bit different.He didn't play a lot in his last season and wanted to win CL.It's hard to say that he wasn't loyal enough.

Ronaldo was in his prime and Utd was top team back than.He got everything there and went to Real.Suarez was in similar situation,although Liverpool wasn't that strong.And he was in Liverpool just 3 and half years.

They weren't loyal enough to become legends.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think that Henry was little bit different.He didn't play a lot in his last season and wanted to win CL.It's hard to say that he wasn't loyal enough.

Ronaldo was in his prime and Utd was top team back than.He got everything there and went to Real.Suarez was in similar situation,although Liverpool wasn't that strong.And he was in Liverpool just 3 and half years.

They weren't loyal enough to become legends.
We’ll have to agree to disagree, they both left with the blessings of their fans.

Even Beckham is a legend and he left with some bad feeling.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We’ll have to agree to disagree, they both left with the blessings of their fans.

Even Beckham is a legend and he left with some bad feeling.

We know who are real legends : Giggs,Scholes,Terry,Lahm,Messi,Xavi,Iniesta,Ramos,Zanetti,Totti,Gerrard,Henry,Del Piero etc.

Ronaldo isn't in that category for Utd imo.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But you just looked how we were like and what we missed in quality.

EPL competition was different back than and we had quality squad with competing with "big 4 ".We've done that.Utd's title in 2008 wasn't same like one in 2013.They had two great teams against them ( Arsenal and Chelsea ) in 2008 and almost zero competition in 2013,despite dropped off their quality.Different seasons,different squads etc.
I don't know what you're arguing about?

GDeep™

League is very weak
We know who are real legends : Giggs,Scholes,Terry,Lahm,Messi,Xavi,Iniesta,Ramos,Zanetti,Totti,Gerrard,Henry,Del Piero etc.

Ronaldo isn't in that category for Utd imo.

You've got a list based on players who stayed loyal to one club... and Henry. Can’t have it both ways.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom