• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We need the options, so even if he’s just a painfully average error-prone midfielder, which he is, it’s good that he’s ok. Btw, I knew he was milking it at the time.

GoonerJay24

We won 4 league games: United H, Everton H, Newcastle H and West Ham H. We drew against 5 other league games with Xhaka in the side. We have yet to lose a league game with Xhaka in the side but we did lose at home Olympiacos at home. So while it’s true we are harder to beat when he’s in the starting line up, we still don’t win the games we are supposed to. One reason for that is because of Xhaka’s limitations we have to play a much more compact and defensive shape which barely allows for us to create.

That's true to an extent but we're still more all round balanced with than without him in the team

Sure planning long term, we should pursue an overrall better DLP than Xhaka but right now he's the best we have

GoonerJay24

Which part do you not get? Do you think we've been good enough?

Xhaka has been an almost ever present the past few seasons.

The midtable part was a bit confusing? As since Xhaka return we were the league's second most in form team.

I just don't understand how such negative propaganda is going to help the overrall club climate? The way people are talking about Arsenal now is as if we're 15 - 20 points behind the top 5 but the reality is there's only a six point gap.

Yes for our standards it's been really bad this campaign, but everyone else has struggled almost just as much too but nobody never wants to highlight this, pundits or fans. It was exactly the same when we're consistently reaching top four, so much unfounded condescension and negativity towards us.

We can and should always criticise when things are not going well like this season; miles away from arsenals aspirations. However within the criticism it's important to be balanced and see the bigger picture!
If us fans don't start supporting the team and continue to allow the media and rival fans to wind us up, this club is going to plummet even further.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Hopefully he would be decent & help us con some stupid club into buying him for a half decent price

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I did some maths and it’s not looking good for Granit Xhaka. Obviously, there are some caveats that we need to address. No, I’m not saying Xhaka is the only cause of our away record problem but he does factor into it a lot. So please look at what I’ve written and come to your own conclusions. The number by the side of his name is the official Sky Sports rating he received. Anyways

Xhaka Away season

2016/17

Watford-Arsenal: 1-3 (W) Xhaka MOTM

Lei-Ars: 0-0 (D) Xhaka 7

Hull-Arsenal: 1-4 (W) Xhaka sub

Burnley-Arsenal: 0-1 (W) Xhaka 5

Sunderland-Ars: 1-4 (W) Xhaka no feature

Man U-Ars: 1-1 (D) Xhaka sub

WHam-Ars: 1-5 (W) Xhaka 7

Everton-Ars: 2-1 (L) Xhaka 7

Man City-Ars: 2-1 (L) Xhaka 6

Bou-Ars: 3-3 (D) Xhaka 5

Swa-Ars: 0-4 (W) 7

Che-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka no feature

Liv-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka 5

WBA-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka 6

CP-Ars: 3-0 (L) Xhaka 4

MDB-Ars: 1-2 (L) Xhaka 5

TOT-Ars: 2-0 (L) Xhaka 6

Sou-Ars: 0-2 (W) Xhaka 7

Stoke-Ars: 1-4 (W) Xhaka 7

W:8–(1)=7, D:3, L:8-(1)=7

Xhaka played away 17 games

2017/18

Stoke-Ars: 1-0 (L) Xhaka 6

Liv-Ars: 4-0 (L) Xhaka 5

Che-Ars: 0-0 (D) Xhaka 7

Wat-Ars: 2-1 (L) Xhaka 6

Eve-Ars: 2-5 (W) Xhaka 6

ManC-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka 4

Burn-Ars: 0-1 (W) Xhaka 6

Sou-Ars: 1-1 (D) Xhaka 5

WHam-Ars: 0-0 (D) Xhaka 6

CP-Ars: 2-3 (W) Xhaka 6

WBA-Ars: 1-1 (D) Xhaka 6

Bou-Ars: 2-1 (L) Xhaka 6

Swa-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka 4

Tot-Ars: 1-0 (L) Xhaka 6

Bri-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka 6

New-Ars: 2-1 (L) Xhaka 6

Lei-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka 6

Huds-Ars: 0-1 (W) Xhaka 7

W:3, D: 4, L: 12

Xhaka played 19 away games

2018/19

Chel-Ars: 3-2 (L) Xhaka 3

Car-Ars: 2-3 (W) Xhaka 6

New-Ars: (W) Xhaka 7

Ful-Ars: 1-5 (W) Xhaka 7

CP-Ars: 2-2 (D) Xhaka 6

Bou-Ars: 1-2 (W) Xhaka 7

ManU-Ars: 2-2 (D) Xhaka no feature

Sou-Ars: 3-2 (L) Xhaka 5

Bri-Ars: 1-1 (D) Xhaka 6

Liv-Ars: 5-1 (L) Xhaka 5

WHam-Ars: 1-0 (L) Xhaka 5

ManC-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka no feature

Huds-Ars: 1-2 (W) Xhaka no feature

Tot-Ars: 1-1 (D) Xhaka 6

Eve-Ars: 1-0 (L) Xhaka Xhaka no feature

Wat-Ars: 0-1 (W) Xhaka 6

Wol-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka 5

Lei-Ars: 3-0 (L) Xhaka 6

Bur-Ars: 1-3 (W) Xhaka no feature

W: 7-(1)=6, D: 4-(1)= 3, L: 8-(2)=6

Xhaka played 15 away games

2019/20

New-Ars: 0-1 (W) Xhaka 7

Liv-Ars: 3-1 (L) Xhaka 6

Wat-Ars: 2-2 (D) Xhaka 6

ManU-Ars: 1-1 (D) Xhaka 5

Shef -Ars: 1-0 (L) Xhaka 5

Lei-Ars: 2-0 (L) Xhaka no feature

Nor-Ars: 2-2 (D) Xhaka 7

WHam-Ars: 1-3 (W) Xhaka 5

Eve-Ars: 0-0 (D) Xhaka 6

Bou-Ars: 1-1 (D) Xhaka 7

PAL-Ars: 1-1 (D) Xhaka 6

Che-Ars: 2-2 (D) Xhaka 8

Bur-Ars: 0-0 (D) Xhaka 6

ManC-Ars: 3-0 (L) Xhaka no feature

Bri-Ars: 2-1 (L) Xhaka no feature.

W: 2, D:8, L:5-(2)=3

Xhaka played 13 away games

So far, Arsenal has played a total of 72 away games since Xhaka has signed. Xhaka has played 64. At least 89% of all available away games. This obviously shows just how fit he is. I can’t fault that but at 89% it shows just how involved he’s been, in fact no other Arsenal player is as prevalent.

In those games we have won a total of 20 or 28%. Drawn 19, 26% and lost 33. Which is almost half at 46%

With Xhaka:

Won Percentage: 28%

Draw Percentage: 28%

Loss Percentage: 44%

The sample size without Xhaka is fairly small at 8. Hence, I won’t be doing the reverse but as you can the numbers paint a solid picture.

Mraven

I did some maths and it’s not looking good for Granit Xhaka. Obviously, there are some caveats that we need to address. No, I’m not saying Xhaka is the only cause of our away record problem but he does factor into it a lot. So please look at what I’ve written and come to your own conclusions. The number by the side of his name is the official Sky Sports rating he received. Anyways

Xhaka Away season

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20

So far, Arsenal has played a total of 72 away games since Xhaka has signed. Xhaka has played 64. At least 89% of all available away games. This obviously shows just how fit he is. I can’t fault that but at 89% it shows just how involved he’s been, in fact no other Arsenal player is as prevalent.

In those games we have won a total of 20 or 28%. Drawn 19, 26% and lost 33. Which is almost half at 46%

With Xhaka:

The sample size without Xhaka is fairly small at 8. Hence, I won’t be doing the reverse but as you can the numbers paint a solid picture.

what a ****ing waste of time that was. To sum it up: Xhaka plays every game. Arsenal has been underperforming away over several years. Hence Xhaka is bad.

Great research buddy! Think you can move onto that PhD now

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's undeniable that Xhaka is contributing to our deterioration though.

We've been worse as a team since he signed and he is visibly one of the root causes when you watch the matches.

It's not all his fault, but he needs replacing as do our centre backs

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Coming to realise that Xhaka is the least of our issues right now. Our midfield is filled with slow and limited players like Ceballos and players who don’t wanna even be here (Torreira). It’s hard to judge Xhaka if you have players of a similar profile to him in the team. He needs some athleticism.

Also, who in this club is actually a leader ? The ‘approaching last contract’ bunch don’t give a ****. I think Partey and Xhaka for example would be a great pairing. You put Saka in there and you’ve got a balanced midfield.

Mraven

Coming to realise that Xhaka is the least of our issues right now. Our midfield is filled with slow and limited players like Ceballos and players who don’t wanna even be here (Torreira). It’s hard to judge Xhaka if you have players of a similar profile to him in the team. He needs some athleticism.

Also, who in this club is actually a leader ? The ‘approaching last contract’ bunch don’t give a ****. I think Partey and Xhaka for example would be a great pairing. You put Saka in there and you’ve got a balanced midfield.

He might not have been the quality we wanted, but Xhaka is the closest you can come to a leader in this club right now. Every coach is talking about his hard-working attitude and professionalism. Not so strange then why he is always in the starting XI and always fit.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

If we do have Partey in the team, there are plenty of players who can work with Partey in the midfield. What quality of Xhaka makes it necessary for us to shoehorn hin into the team?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we do have Partey in the team, there are plenty of players who can work with Partey in the midfield. What quality of Xhaka makes it necessary for us to shoehorn hin into the team?
It’s more because of his attitude, as well as there being worse characters and players in the dressing room. Ceballos is average, Guendouzi is a kid, Torreira doesn’t wanna be here.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It’s more because of his attitude, as well as there being worse characters and players in the dressing room. Ceballos is average, Guendouzi is a kid, Torreira doesn’t wanna be here.
His attitude is not something to cherish about. When asked about his mistake that led to a goal, he was complaining about forwards and asked why no one is talking about them.

Manberg

Predator
Great news. Our midfield is weak. Xhaka is our best midfielder, instantly livens things up just by being there.
We’d have beat Brighton with him, that’s for sure.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Xhaka Away season

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20

With Xhaka:

Within some matches after he started playing for us, even mid table and relegation teams started pressing us when we are playing away. It was clear that our midfield in chief is mentally weak and the moment he is pressed, he would piss his pants and give away the ball. Before we got him, teams used to park the bus, sit back and counter attack when they get a chance. After he started playing for us, the same teams started pressing us hard.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Great news. Our midfield is weak. Xhaka is our best midfielder, instantly livens things up just by being there.
The club is now well positioned as a mid table team, and as such, Xhaka is the player you want to keep.
You can't progress like that, but I think it's clear that we won't move from mid table anytime soon so I have no problems with Xhaka staying anymore or being our "best midfielder".

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Saying Xhaka is our best midfielder is like saying Kevin Nolan is the best midfielder at West Ham. Who cares?!
Obviously with that kind of midfielder you can only fight for positions from 7-12th place as we currently do. Will be a nice battle between the two of them when we need to decide who gets the 10th position, and if we win it with Xhaka, Arsenal fans will be able to confirm that he is our best midfielder without any doubts

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We lost to Brighton at home with him in our team. We lost points against Brighton against home last season too where Xhaka did a typical Xhaka thing - concede a penalty. Where is this "Xhaka would have helped us win" illusion coming from, when he has done nothing of that sorts for us? In fact he has done the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom