• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Glad you asked. :bounce:

Hakimi
Alphonso Davis
TAA
Alex Grimaldo
Carvajal
Ricardo Pereira
Alba
Ferland Mendy
Robertson
Robin Gosens
Narrow it down to LBs, assume that he gets back to his Monaco form (big assumption I know) and I think B.Mendy makes the top ten.

I remember watching that Monaco team, they were beautiful.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Glad you asked. :bounce:

Hakimi
Alphonso Davis
TAA
Alex Grimaldo
Carvajal
Ricardo Pereira
Alba
Ferland Mendy
Robertson
Robin Gosens

Its mental how Gosens has turned into a goal machine this year at wing back. But that Atalanta team are FUN to watch.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
If that's the attitude then many of them wouldn't have survived the invincible era. The likes of keown would regularly kick bergkamp and Henry in training, and they would give it back.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Still worried about the number of injuries he already had at Celtic which has been mentioned in the athletic article

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tbf, we don’t know if that’s true, our players are probably an easy target for this sort of stuff.

By his teammates own accounts, Vieira was horrible in training, but the best player each matchday, that’s the most important thing.

If the players were performing well in games, no one would care about training.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I imagine Emery was an intense trainer, just think the players gave up on him this season.

By all accounts, the players made fun of him and goofed about in training.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is hardly news it was wrote about at the time that they has to tell him to tone it down in training.

There was a video showing him sliding in when they were doing the man in the middle and keeping the ball in a circle.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This is hardly news it was wrote about at the time that they has to tell him to tone it down in training.

There was a video showing him sliding in when they were doing the man in the middle and keeping the ball in a circle.

He could be one of those types of players who is just all or nothing. Trains like hes plays matches.

Football has turned into a soft sport now. And at our club that transfers onto the pitch. Obviously theres times when you cant go diving into challenges but theres certainly times when in training you need to be at it 100% not ***** footing about. Often that's when you do get injured.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Lots of great content about my favourite Arsenal player today:
Yeah, what's going on here? Even the Times did a big piece on him today:
The hours of work between dusk and dawn are widely known in ordinary jobs as the graveyard shift. It is associated with isolation and quiet, the long hours passing with dull monotony. In football, the graveyard shift is most commonly known as being chosen to play at wing back. The level of energy required and physical exertion is so great, coaches joke, it’ll put you in an early grave.

This appeared to be true of Kieran Tierney, the Arsenal left back, as he staggered off the pitch with little over half an hour to go at Molineux last weekend. Tierney had featured in every game since the restart, Mikel Arteta deploying him down the left as a valuable support in every attack and crucial cog in every moment of defence.

For Tierney, the graveyard shift has helped him in his rise at Arsenal, returning from injury to emerge as one of Arteta’s most trusted and reliable players. Three days after the exhausting win at Wolverhampton Wanderers, Tierney was back racing up and down the flank for 90 minutes against Leicester City on Tuesday.

“He is the star of this Arsenal defence,” Ashley Cole, the best left back the league has seen, said in the Sky Sports studios. “He has top qualities: he can play into the striker, join attacks well, he has the quality of pass and he can defend one-v-one.

“He doesn’t like to get beat, he isn’t happy when crosses go in, so I think for Arsenal he is a great player. He can improve but so far he has been brilliant.”

This was expected of Tierney, 23, who arrived in London last summer from Celtic for a Scottish record fee of £25 million. His young body had taken a battering in four years with the Celtic first team, and he arrived at Arsenal recovering from a double hernia operation.

This delayed Tierney’s Premier League debut until the end of October and he was just beginning to show his potential when he dislocated a shoulder at West Ham United at the beginning of December.

For the Scotland international it has been a season of interruption, so there is a certain irony that the unexpected three-month hiatus to the campaign has helped. Tierney returned to individual training at London Colney in April on par with his team-mates and the rest of the league, who were in a race to regain match fitness.

Tierney has been able to catch the eye in the season’s remaining fixtures, but in more ways than one. Arriving at Bramall Lane last month for the FA Cup quarter-final against Sheffield United, he carried a plastic Tesco shopping bag in his right hand as he arrived at the ground. In a league in which players are most often seen with Louis Vuitton backpacks slung over their shoulders and Gucci wash bags under their arms, this was an instant indication of the young Scot’s humble character.

It is almost a year since Tierney moved from Glasgow and his beloved Celtic to London, and yet he’s never ventured into the bright lights of the capital centre. “People back home ask me, ‘What’s London like?’ but I have no idea because I’ve never been into the city,” he said. “I train, I work hard, I go home to recover and I train the next day. It’s just a simple life and I put everything into football.”

Tierney has had to settle into life down south. He spends much of his spare time playing on the PlayStation and has learnt how to cook as he now lives alone. Despite playing in the Champions League and winning three consecutive league titles with Celtic, Tierney still lived at the family home until last summer.

His dad, Michael, one of a long line of Celtic supporters, would take his son around the country to play football while he was growing up. Tierney went to school at Our Lady’s High School in Motherwell, where his mum, Gail, was a dinner lady. He regularly returns to the school to hand out awards to pupils, a symbol of what can be achieved.

Despite being in the Celtic academy from the age of seven, teachers told a 13-year-old Tierney that becoming a professional footballer was unlikely. On a careers day, it was suggested he put ‘joiner’ under a section that asked about his ambitions for a future job. Tierney kept faith: he scribbled down ‘footballer’.

Social expectations weren’t going to hinder his career, but injuries threatened. In December 2014, the day after getting his first call-up to the Celtic first-team bench, the then 17-year-old suffered a broken leg in training.

By the time a year had passed, Tierney had already established himself in the first-team. He had displaced the experienced Emilio Izaguirre in a season in which he won PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year award for the first time in three consecutive years.

It is an indication of the kind of player Arsenal and Arteta have on their hands. Tierney’s career is still crystallising on the world’s stage and the setbacks have only delayed his dramatic progress.

Tierney doesn’t crave the bright lights. Arteta knows his story of resilience and when he required a player with determination and hunger to play wing back there was a clear first choice. The man who carries the 10p Tesco bag was perfect for the graveyard shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom