• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Doesn’t seem Arteta likes him.

Nah I reckon Arteta appreciates him more than people think. Personally I think he'd be good next to Ceballos. Fans complained for years we didn't have anyone who could break up play, then we bought someone who could break up play and apparently it's not good enough.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also we need to compare to liverpool they have Klopp and they spend smartly in 2 summers and got 100M from coutinho and alot of money from their squad players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would things have gotten this bad had we stuck with Wenger?
Yes wenger was already in decline and when team behind us got serious we fall behind it was just matter of time because we were not serious we didn't took advantage of being in CL every year and that's because of Wenger being stubborn and have too much faith on average players.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Would things have gotten this bad had we stuck with Wenger?

If there had been a global pandemic back in 2017 or whatever and everyone had to play behind closed doors with no fans, Wenger would've stayed for the final year for sure. And we'd have played much better, that's for f*cking sure.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-arsenal/alletransfers/verein/11

With the retrospectoscope the two really bad transfers that stand out are Xhaka and Mustafi

£40m and £36m respectively. Think we overpaid for both at the time without the benefit of hindsight. A lot of cheaper, poor quality signinfs we've lumbered ourselves with too.

Holding 2.7m
Guendouzi 7.2m
Mavropanos 1.9m
Martinelli 6m

These are all smart purchases we should make large profits on or gain a good or better player

Mixed bag overall but the bad ones really damage our ambitions .

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes wenger was already in decline and when team behind us got serious we fall behind it was just matter of time because we were not serious we didn't took advantage of being in CL every year and that's because of Wenger being stubborn and have too much faith on average players.
You’re such a weirdo, other than Raul and Emery you seem to hate everyone else.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We either invest and at least try to get back toward the top 4 or we just become a mid-table club, it's pretty simple.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Probably not, wouldn’t have paid 25M for Torreira, 80M on Pepe. Not replaced Ramsey.
Seem to agree with you mate. Our main blunders have been the playing staff since he's departed, not to say Xhaka and Mustafi were any much better, but was that Wenger or was that Ivan/StatDNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom