• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
No more of these big name signings from big clubs that don't want them.

Buy players based on the system we want to play. There needs to be a clear vision.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd rather Grealish than Coutinho. Younger, less wages, would fight for the badge. Coutinho would be an Özil sort, when the going gets tough he would hide.

Don't get me wrong Coutinho is quality but he's not what we should be looking at in a rebuild.

If we don't end up making the EL its probably quite likely we go for him on loan with option to buy. I'm fine with that but its still not ideal.

I'd imagine Coutinho would be intrinsically motivated to get back into the Brazil starting line up and become a go to guy again.

Özil dropped off after winning a world Cup and retiring from international football.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Great player on his day but the position we're in don't think it would be sensible nor would the club be wanting to have this guys wages on the books whilst Özil is still here. That's £790k a week for a club who won't be playing Champions League football, madness.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Footmercato are not reliable there no decent link about us buying Coutinho it's just media talks for now.

Malky

Established Member
The ****ing cheek of it if there is truth in that - we'd be swapping a kid with massive potential, who needs a change in attitude, on low wages, for a hype job on a massively inflated wage.
Really hope we stay away from Coutinho, but with Kia here calling the shots, I fear the worst.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The ****ing cheek of it if there is truth in that - we'd be swapping a kid with massive potential, who needs a change in attitude, on low wages, for a hype job on a massively inflated wage.
Really hope we stay away from Coutinho, but with Kia here calling the shots, I fear the worst.
The problem is the kid with massive potential having s**ty attitude and seem don't want to stay i don't want Coutinho but if we get him and Partey our midfield will go up levels.

Malky

Established Member
The problem is the kid with massive potential having s**ty attitude and seem don't want to stay i don't want Coutinho but if we get him and Partey our midfield will go up levels.
If we get Partey it'll transform our midfield, yes, not convinced at all with Coutinho. He had ONE standout season at Liverpool, and even then was he really deserving of the hype? He's done nothing since, poor at Barca and average, at best, at Bayern, and not much on the international scene either. People suggesting he's the man to add the much needed creativity to our midfield or that he'll take our midfield up a huge level are fooling themselves. Personally I think we'll be wasting money signing him, there's far better out there.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Certainly creates mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I'd rate Guendouzi as a topclass talent that will most likely end up having a career at the top.

On the other hand, you'll find a kid that looks to be thrown out the door by Arteta already anyways and a straight swap for Coutinho would at least fix a desperate need in our squad.

One could argue that he's not what some might call "one for the future" anymore, but considering that we already have talented midfielders in abundance, with Willock, ESR, Azeez and possibly a young new signing by Arteta in his position, it will be hard to fit them all into a side anyways.

It's not like Coutinho is super old, he's just become 28 and is a topclass player. Think people are massively exaggerating - maybe you'd be looking too much as his worst, whilst I'd assume him to reach his old form of liverpool and at the world cup under Arteta.

Also, an intermediarey solution that isn't super expensive isn't the worst, since I believe in ESR and others which should not not be blocked entirely. Nice age in that regard with Coutinho, actually.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Coutinho -

Premier league experience.

Shocking at Barcelona but most players in recent memory who have been transfered there have been poor.

Age? Like someone said hes only just turned 28. As a technically gifted midfielder he should have a lot more years in him at a top level.

Is he still a top class player? Yes, of course he is. Everyone knows he's talented.

In his loan time at bayern he racked up 8 goals and 6 assists in the Bundesliga in 15 starts and 1400 minutes.

Anyone turning their nose up at this player you need a serious wobble.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Coutinho -

Premier league experience.

Shocking at Barcelona but most players in recent memory who have been transfered there have been poor.

Age? Like someone said hes only just turned 28. As a technically gifted midfielder he should have a lot more years in him at a top level.

Is he still a top class player? Yes, of course he is. Everyone knows he's talented.

In his loan time at bayern he racked up 8 goals and 6 assists in the Bundesliga in 15 starts and 1400 minutes.

Anyone turning their nose up at this player you need a serious wobble.
His stats were racked up against relegation trash in 6-0 trashings, he was otherwise poor and off the pace, according to the video I posted before.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I mean, nobody on here has so far said “I just seen Coutinho, he looks red hot, we must pick him up before our rivals do”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom