• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The people v Gilles Grimandi

Is Grimandi the worst scout of all time?

• Yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’ve always rated him, got a terrible time from you lot. Seem to remember winning trophies and finishing in the top 4 fairly regularly.

He was a good player for us...just reminding everyone though that when Giroud was bad, he was REALLY bad!

say yes

forum master baiter
I’ve always rated him, got a terrible time from you lot. Seem to remember winning trophies and finishing in the top 4 fairly regularly.

Its a big no from me in the poll. Giles come home
The only trophies we won during Giroud’s time at the club were FA cups, in which he barely featured for us.

Giroud started just one game when we won it in 2014, with Sanogo instead being trusted to lead the line against the likes of Everton and Liverpool.

He started just two games in 2015, with both of those games coming in the early rounds against lower league opposition. Welbeck was our cup CF that campaign (that Old Trafford night :drool:) and it was Walcott who was given the starting CF role in the final when Welbeck got injured.

In 2017 he featured in just 3/6 games, and was dropped for Welbeck in the final.

In fact, the only campaigns Giroud actually started regularly in were the two campaigns we didn’t win during his time here: 2013 (beaten at home my Blackburn), and 2016 (beaten at home by Watford).

Riou

I remember when Sanogo and then later Welbeck came in and actually improved us during some of those stretches.....

We had so many playmakers in our team from 2012-2016 that it suited us having a faster striker most of the time.

Danny was a legitimate decent player though, unlike Yaya...not a great one, but Dat Guy had some very good qualities about him...Sanchez loved playing with him due to Welbz relentless workrate.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The only trophies we won during Giroud’s time at the club were FA cups, in which he barely featured for us.

Giroud started just one game when we won it in 2014, with Sanogo instead being trusted to lead the line against the likes of Everton and Liverpool.

He started just two games in 2015, with both of those games coming in the early rounds against lower league opposition. Welbeck was our cup CF that campaign (that Old Trafford night :drool:) and it was Walcott who was given the starting CF role in the final when Welbeck got injured.

In 2017 he featured in just 3/6 games, and was dropped for Welbeck in the final.

In fact, the only campaigns Giroud actually started regularly in were the two campaigns we didn’t win during his time here: 2013 (beaten at home my Blackburn), and 2016 (beaten at home by Watford).
Didn’t feature much as Wenger knew saving him for the league was more important to finish in the top4.

Also surely Sanogo deserves an honourable mention (as does Giles in turn) for his part in ending our trophy drought. :)

Yeah Welbeck was a really nice option to have, always felt the team played better when he started.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

These are the Golden Years.
We've got a shiny new Stadium, playing in the best League in the World, and we're in the FA Cup Final again, with a multitude of International Superstars gracing the shirt.

What more do you want?
The hell is your problem?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We had so many playmakers in our team from 2012-2016 that it suited us having a faster striker most of the time.

Danny was a legitimate decent player though, unlike Yaya...not a great one, but Dat Guy had some very good qualities about him...Sanchez loved playing with him due to Welbz relentless workrate.
All we needed was a half decent striker that could run and I think we might have snuck the title that Leicester won.

Our only mobile strikers were absolute donkeys/injury prone so Giroud would always find himself back in the team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I voted no on worst of all time solely because Steve Walsh exists. Built himself up at Leicester as a super scout but when he left they continued to excel at signing hidden gems.

Meanwhile when he went to Everton as sporting director he was then responsible for this incredible work.

EFE6-BF40-3-EFC-456-C-B854-600781-BA4-E5-A.jpg

First year not terrible. All the big money signings were flops but Gueye and Calvert-Lewin were smart buys as was Lookman even if they sold him very cheaply.

Then came the infamous 2017 window.

9-F339-BAD-AADE-4-FC1-8-F2-A-FD753494-B4-D9.jpg

Roughly 180M spent on utter dross with maybe only one successful signing who was a huge overpay at 45M.

Last edited:

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I voted no on worst of all time solely because Steve Walsh exists. Built himself up at Leicester as a super scout but when he left they continued to excel at signing hidden gems.

Meanwhile when he went to Everton as sporting director he was then responsible for this incredible work.

EFE6-BF40-3-EFC-456-C-B854-600781-BA4-E5-A.jpg

First year not terrible. All the big money signings were flops but Gueye and Calvert-Lewis were smart buys as was Lookman even if they sold him very cheaply.

Then came the infamous 2017 window.

9-F339-BAD-AADE-4-FC1-8-F2-A-FD753494-B4-D9.jpg

Roughly 180M spent on utter dross with maybe only one successful signing who was a huge overpay at 45M.
Evertons recruitment has probably been worse than ours. £130m spent on Iwobi, Pickford, Walcott and Kean loooool

Riou

Love a bit of Welbeck propaganda...

...my mum really loved him too...after his hattrick against Galatasaray she told me I was renamed (real name is Daniel) I was now her "White Danny" with Welbz being her "Better Danny" ...she got me there :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We probably would have had more success if we throw darts at random names in wall blindfolded

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Welbz was alright by me, at least he tried and was professional. Came with the odd clutch goal as well if my memory serves me correct.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom