• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The people v Gilles Grimandi

Is Grimandi the worst scout of all time?

• Yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why not offer them Guendouzi for £35m ?
Think Guendouzi will wait to see if the Barca interest is true before making any decision.

Even city are rumoured to be interested. We could make more money selling to those clubs

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not as egregious but Grimandi messed up the Koscielny deal as well. The year he was playing for Tours he rejected the chance to sign him for 1M and then paid ten times that to Lorient a year later.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Not as egregious but Grimandi messed up the Koscielny deal as well. The year he was playing for Tours he rejected the chance to sign him for 1M and then paid ten times that to Lorient a year later.
What decent deal did he get done ? I mean Sagna was a very good one but apart from that ?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What decent deal did he get done ? I mean Sagna was a very good one but apart from that ?

So many elite players right under his nose for years.

Honestly believed croneyism is what killed Arsène’s time here. We needed a Dein figure who was able to overrule Wenger and fire and hire the supporting staff if they weren’t performing.

Apparently the club was faced with a choice of Szczesny and Gerry Peyton after they fell out and they chose Peyton :lol:

We sold our goalkeeper for a coach who the players openly laughed at. Don’t even blame Cech for being as bad as he was, working with that clown week in week out.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Diaby who you could argue was either brilliant or disastrous.

Imo I’d say Diaby was a great spot. Never known an unluckier player in terms of injuries, really looked like the real deal at times.

We could have signed Mbappé for 350k before his breakout season if he didn't refuse us because he thought he was too young to move.

Don't know if Grimandi was involved in that.

roz

Fake News Merchant
You know he’s a pretty bad scout when his answer to “who’s the greatest player you’ve scouted?” Is:

““I hate hearing a scout assuming the responsibility of a success or the signing of a player. I hear a lot, ‘I made him sign’. But you never hear ‘I’m the one who refused to sign him’ … we all make mistakes. The success of a player is the result of a sum of things”.

Then in the very next question goes on to say how he never thought Ribery would make it :facepalm:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Unbelievable. He was our scout in a time where you could pick up probably 4 Arsenal worthy talents on any footy playground in the suburbs of Paris. But no.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Kos was a hell of a spot though, even if he nearly ****ed it up ( per my boy @Rex Banter :lol: ) have to give Gilles credit for that.

Peak Kos was perfect for what Arsène wanted in a defender.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We could have signed Mbappé for 350k before his breakout season if he didn't refuse us because he thought he was too young to move.

Don't know if Grimandi was involved in that.

Nah man you’re joking?

That means we could’ve had Kante, MBappe, Griezmann and Aubameyang.

That’s a CL winning team ffs.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Kos was a hell of a spot though, even if he nearly ****ed it up ( per my boy @Rex Banter :lol: ) have to give Gilles credit for that.

Peak Kos was perfect for what Arsène wanted in a defender.
Wish we had signed Van Dijk in 2014 when he was at Celtic. Would've been a perfect partnership alongside Koscielny

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wish we had signed Van Dijk in 2014 when he was at Celtic. Would've been a perfect partnership alongside Koscielny

Should have just given Southampton the combined fees we paid for Xhaka, Peres and Mustafi in summer 2016 for big Virgil...life would have been so much better then.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Should have just given Southampton the combined fees we paid for Xhaka, Peres and Mustafi in summer 2016 for big Virgil...life would have been so much better then.
He was available for less than 75m wasn't he ? But I'm talking about when he was at Celtic still. We were linked with him in 2013-14 but one of our scouts turned him down

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom