• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 233,301

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't really have a problem with this. The guy has arguably been Chelsea's most important attacker this season (they missed him yesterday). Arteta mentioned he wants players that have performed in the PL, so he fits the profile.

He is still very fit, so I'm not that concerned with his age, and seems to be a player managers love. Can also either play on the left or right. I also think he'd be great for the younger lads, particularly Martinelli.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Need to see the details of any contract before I make a proper judgement on this. People don’t seem as fussed if it’s a two year deal but two years on £150k a week is only slightly less than three years on £120k, for example.

I would imagine we are talking higher wages than 120k over three years.

Shalmaneser V

Need to see the details of any contract before I make a proper judgement on this. People don’t seem as fussed if it’s a two year deal but two years on £150k a week is only slightly less than three years on £120k, for example.

LOL

You’ve been gagging for Willian for weeks.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I would imagine we are talking higher wages than 120k over three years.

Yeah and they’d be even higher on a two year deal, that’s the main point. He’s getting £120k a week at Chelsea, I imagine we’re offering around the £150k mark. If it was a two year deal they’d be asking for even more. I imagine the length of the deal for a player at that age is likely to bring about a compromise that results in a discount.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I've watched him this season, he isn't anywhere close to the play was in 2015/2016 for example, nowhere near as explosive which I thought was one of his main strengths. Now he seems to be purely an end product player. Which is fine. It's more the length of the contract and the wages that's my issue.

I've watched him a lot, he's one of my favourite players in the PL outside of Arsenal, obviously. He's explosivness was a decent attribute but he's main strenghts are technique, close control/low center of gravity and if deployed propely end product.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

????
He has really good ball-progression and defensive stats for someone playing as WF.

Would fit Arteta/our team and would give us a lot more tactical flexibility

Maybe you're right. Still not liking the idea of a 3 year contract on massive wages tho. Like I'm not gonna have us crying poverty anymore if we do that.

Shalmaneser V

No one is saying winning a Libertadores is a walk on the park, it's not. But it's a totally different football game than it is at the PL.

There's a reason teams that win the Libertadores with progressive football suddenly change into Burnley when they face European competition.

And nobody is saying Brazilian football overall is on the same level as the top 5 European leagues. My point is it’s a lot higher standard than given credit for by some of the posters here.

Last edited:

djflick

Transfer Denialist
I think people are conveniently forgetting that we pretty much have no money? People mention this deal/that deal is better than Willian, willian is free FFS with no initial outlay of a transfer fee. anyone else we sign with require some sort of upfront payment regardless of the transfer fee. That leaves us money to spend on positions we desperately need to fill with top top quality (Partey)

How can anyone be upset that we are taking, arguably Chelseas player of the season according to most stats. This is not the same as Cech Cause wIllian seems to actually be improving every season.

Yes 3yrs is alot and i agree its a risk, but bloody hell guys. This is a quality player for no transfer fee. Cheer up

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Does make laugh how everyone was buzzing that Willian was missing out on the final because we knew he’s Chelsea’s best attacker yet when he signs for us he’s a bum.

That being said I don’t like the idea of this transfer, maybe we’ll back it up with some quality tho.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah sorry this is just tragic.
raul.jpg

@field442, Raul, @yousif_arsenal, @UpTheGunnerz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom