• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Agreed - He’s my tenant in London and so have met him. This kid is humble, hard working, good movement and a very good finisher (goal vs Everton) if Edouard scored it people would be jumping up and down. But instead we like to think all young English players are not good enough - One of the reasons we’ve ended up in this financial pickle.
Always seems to diligently break through any plateaus placed on him aswell. He's got the right mentality to succeed - I just think he's very raw at the moment and could do with actual consistent game time, something he hasn't gotten even this season just gone. I'd like to see him be the main man at a team for 30-40+ games. For that alone, I'd consider keeping Lacazette and loaning Nketiah so he can have that experience. It's a shame Balogun is leaving otherwise he'd be perfect for this kind of scenario but that's football.

DennisTheLegend

prime may vary but I'd imagine Lacazettes prime is coming to an end. 26 to 30.

If Arteta wants to keep him fair enough. He had upped his game recently but he has been largely poor in his time here unlike Xhaka for example who has had purple patches and looks a consistent all round improved player under Arteta. Lacazette had largely operated on the fringes for Arteta.

So, like AMN, if Arteta wants him to stay and Lacazette is happy to take a bit part role then great. But if he isnt then he moves on. Aubameyang can go through the middle with Pepe, Willian, Saka, Martinelli providing cover out wide with Nketiah as a back up central striker.

Personally I'm in the he can go camp. His Arsenal career hasnt worked out.

I think Auba will score more coming in off the left, but wouldn’t mind seeing this with Pepe and Willian on the wings and Coutinho in the hole, could be devastating

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Imagine having one shtick in 2020.

It's over for you, man. Just diversify and troll other threads.

This is what you resort to when I’ve been right about Lacazette, calling me names.

Why not just admit I was always right about him? No need to get personal.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This is what you resort to when I’ve been right about Lacazette, calling me names.

Why not just admit I was always right about him? No need to get personal.
You and hydro always play the innocent puppies whenever someone calls you out. Bloody wind up merchants! :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If the 433 reports were correct & Auba happy to renew I think we will see him central as well.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
His production is still remarkably consistent & rare. The guy hit 20+ league goals every season since 2016 even if wide or in a poor team.
But judging by your previous argument he's declining and we shouldn't give declining players new deals.
Laca is 2 years younger and he's a different type of striker that relies on service to be productive in front of goal.
We had no service for him, so he played like a box to box midfielder last season. Get someone in who can take that load off of him and you're golden.

The bottom line is your arguments are hypocritical.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Think people are going out of their way to underrate Nketiah aswell like usual. He still has a lot to offer IMO, don't think we can write him off as someone who won't reach x level yet.

I agree. Nketiah has that knack of being in the right place at the right time. You cant really teach that, its instinctive. I think there's more to come from him for sure. I think Arteta does too, hence he kept Laca out of the side, then unfortunately got a red.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jojo is still around, still a good vocalist and posting thirst traps on instagram.
@Riou

Joanna-JoJo-Levesque---Instagram-Live-Video-06.gif
36JBrm2.gif

Not bad.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I agree. Nketiah has that knack of being in the right place at the right time. You cant really teach that, its instinctive. I think there's more to come from him for sure. I think Arteta does too, hence he kept Laca out of the side, then unfortunately got a red.
A lot of that had to do with Laca being in poor form but he managed to pick it up a bit, particularly in Nketiah's absence. It will be interesting to see how Nketiah goes into this season. I would consider loaning him personally. I want him, Nelson and Willock in particular to play regular football for a season. As in, more starts and 90 minute matches.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom