• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,439
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As I have said before, I have never really been a guy that supports a county, I just pick a few teams at an international tournament that have players I like in them...But if there was one country I would be the most connected to it would be France, I associate them with our golden period and best ever manager/players.

The fact France won the World Cup 2 years ago without a single Arsenal player was a criminal offence on our part, a Sp**s player was in it for God sakes, it should be our country imo.

Top French talents like Saliba and Aouar at The Arse, the world will be right again.

I think its a good strategy to build a core of players from certain nations that always produce top players. Brazil and Frnace will always produce world class players, so it only makes sense to create a reputation in those countries.

Just look at the effect Thierry had, we've been **** for 15 years and I bet that Arsenal are still the biggest English club in France!

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I think its a good strategy to build a core of players from certain nations that always produce top players. Brazil and Frnace will always produce world class players, so it only makes sense to create a reputation in those countries.

Just look at the effect Thierry had, we've been **** for 15 years and I bet that Arsenal are still the biggest English club in France!
We should scout English players now as well because it looks like this England generation looks promising also

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Aouar, I always though he is very similar to iniesta in terms of playing style.

He can play well in the position of KDB for City. I don’t think we will struggle defensively with him, and here is why:

In City’s 4-3-3
They push their CM up into the opponent box in attack. They became the attacking midfielders/second strikers.

Who actually handled the defensive duty of a CM in the defensive transitions? The inverted fullbacks. Because they tuck inside to become the CM.

I don’t think defensive skills are needed much if we defend as a team.

In the defensive transitions, he could leave the CM duty of “protecting the counter attack” to the inverted fullbacks. The moment we lost the ball, he just need to press up high collectively with other attacking players. This requires decision making, movement and positioning more than any defensive/tackling skills.

When defending near our own box. He would switched back as our CM. And just need to keep the team shape. Be in right position to block passing lane. To be at the right position at the right time, eliminate all gaps as a team. Again, this requires decision making, movement and positioning more than any defensive/tackling skills.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should scout English players now as well because it looks like this England generation looks promising also

Agree, although from out current crop of English lads only Saka looks to be a top class talent. I really like Ainsley as well but looks as if he'll be off. Apprently that Azeez is really highly rated, but icthink he is a few years away from the first team.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Agree, although from out current crop of English lads only Saka looks to be a top class talent. I really like Ainsley as well but looks as if he'll be off. Apprently that Azeez is really highly rated, but icthink he is a few years away from the first team.
Don't think Eddie is the player some of us think he is though.. Does not look like an Ian Wright type of player at all

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We don't have anyone like this, he controlled both games:

Can't wait for the Samba to play.

Second season in a row now, that Arsenal has taken Chelsea's best player :drool:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still even we failed to buy Aouar but it's good to see the club trying to get creative play maker after Willian signing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good on Douzi for being part of the proposed deal. Easy to not play ball after how it all ended.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's concerning we keep trying to include Guendouzi. It means there's little interest at a good price.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The club is showing ambition going for him, but if we are sitting here next month with none of our main targets (Gabriel, Partey and Aouar) then that is poor.

Its difficult to find someone in the same sort of breath as Aouar, maybe Buendia. But with Partey its impossible to find such a well rounded midfielder at his price.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Good on Douzi for being part of the proposed deal. Easy to not play ball after how it all ended.

He has to play ball if he wants to play football next season. I dont see him playing for us again. Also paying his wages and leaving him at home is more affordable than doing the same with Özil. He plays ball or he rots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom