• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 947,026
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It's concerning we keep trying to include Guendouzi. It means there's little interest at a good price.

Seems like there’s absolutely no interest in him, especially from any decent teams. He might end up having to come crawling back with his tail between his legs because he can’t get a move anywhere. Either that or we loan him out.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The club is showing ambition going for him, but if we are sitting here next month with none of our main targets (Gabriel, Partey and Aouar) then that is poor.

Its difficult to find someone in the same sort of breath as Aouar, maybe Buendia. But with Partey its impossible to find such a well rounded midfielder at his price.

Its not even ambition for me. Its just they now seem to being going after the right profile of player.

Wenger showed "ambition" when he signed Musatfi/Xhaka/Perez/Lacazette and made that bid for Lemar. None of them were the correct profile of player we needed.

I think Arteta knows what it takes to be a top team in the modern game. He's mentioned the importance of physicality in certain positions, as well as the importance of being tactically flexible.

If the rumoured targets are to be believed, Gabriel gives us pace and power at the back, Partey likewise in midfield (as well as being good technically) and Aouar gives us that flexibility in midfield, as he can play 8 or 10.

Of course we need to actually bring these players in, but from where we were (spending 55m on short slow center forwards for example), its encouraging.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems like there’s absolutely no interest in him, especially from any decent teams. He might end up having to come crawling back with his tail between his legs because he can’t get a move anywhere. Either that or we loan him out.

Yeah I dont think anyone will touch him with a bargepole now. We really should have just said he had a back injury or something and kept it all quiet.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The club is showing ambition going for him, but if we are sitting here next month with none of our main targets (Gabriel, Partey and Aouar) then that is poor.

Its difficult to find someone in the same sort of breath as Aouar, maybe Buendia. But with Partey its impossible to find such a well rounded midfielder at his price.

Zakaria, but I assume the club got told he ain't interested to move right now when they approached him during the winter window

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Remember when people on here said Wenger bid £80m for Mbappe knowing it would be rejected? :rofl: What would he do if they'd accepted, say "nah just joking mate"..?

That actually happens more often than you'd think. Clubs backtrack constantly.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the type of signing we should be going after. This is what you'd call a smart signing. I cannot see it happening tho. We'll cry poverty as usual. We'll watch him either go elsewhere or continuously improve at Lyon to the point where he's out of our reach, kinda similar to Upamecano. You have to act fast with these players, sometimes even taking a gamble.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yep, one became our best defender and the other might be our best attacking midfielder, but AM don't like this conversation.
I like how “AM don’t like this conversation” is becoming your catch phrase.

You’re blossoming into an elite poster ffs. Tears in my eyes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Sigh, you could tell Wenger knew how good he was about to be. Was this the summer before he went to PSG?

I still think we would have lost him after 1-2 seasons though. Not sure he would have kept us in the CL spots singlehandedly but his talent would be too obvious and that World Cup would still have happened.
Wenger tried to get him in 2016 as well, so he saw that generational talent even before Monaco won the league. Imagine him with prime Özil and Alexis then. :(

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Only because he knows he won’t actually get him. Lad is a few steps ahead.

I was going to make the same comment. :lol: He must think he is pretty safe complimenting when Juventus and City are in the rumours.

Would be interesting to see what happens if we get him.

I like this as he can play CMF & AMF, but am not too hopeful.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Or he could just apologise, let Arteta mould him and work hard and go on to be a legend or icon here. Depends if he's embarrassed by believing his own fake press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom