• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 946,987
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I suppose the only way they can do it is buy dropping the Partey interest, swapping Torreira for Diawara and then sign Aouar instead.

I'd be into this, personally. Though I haven't seen Diawara play for Roma, just going off of his time in Napoli.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I can't see us getting this guy tbh, a player like him we haven't been at the top for long enough to convince a player of his calibre to join unless Arteta can convince him to join us & be part of our rebuilding cycle.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not sure you leave Lyon as an elite prospect and join Arsenal in 2020. Nice to be linked, but you'd think he'd be on the radar of other teams.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If we don't get Aouar, it'll be because we get outmuscled by one of the higher elites. If it's just a matter of leaving Lyon, it would happen, Arsenal still has that aura as a club.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not sure you leave Lyon as an elite prospect and join Arsenal in 2020. Nice to be linked, but you'd think he'd be on the radar of other teams.

That’s been the same scenario for years. If a club bigger than us is in for a player they likely don’t join, if that’s not the case then they do. Nine months ago Ndombele left them for Sp**s ffs.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We can’t convince one of Lyon’s best players to come to us? Are you drunk?
No I'm not drunk & I am a huge Arsenal fan & you don't know me mate, just pointing out my view on us compared to other big common CL clubs, I'd love it if we could convince him to join us though, don't get me wrong.

I do fully believe Arteta can get us back up the top aswell & we are slowly on the way up again so maybe yes, Arteta can convince him to join us. This is a public fans forum, your entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You just have to pay him.

The guy is only just 22... a move to us now & then a big move say at 24/25 could make great sense financially all round.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
That’s been the same scenario for years. If a club bigger than us is in for a player they likely don’t join, if that’s not the case then they do. Nine months ago Ndombele left them for Sp**s ffs.

Good point. Forgot about Ndembele. Sp**s did just get to a Champions League final though.

carlito'sway

Established Member
We can’t convince one of Lyon’s best players to come to us? Are you drunk?

Guess what..... We may not be able to convince him since he is linked with City or Juve. Beyond that and more importantly, we may not have the money either not to mention Aulas my be the toughest guy to deal with. It will take 50M+ for Lyon to sell him. Remind me, when was the last time we bought a player from OL?

field442

Trusted ⭐
Guess what..... We may not be able to convince him since he is linked with City or Juve. Beyond that and more importantly, we may not have the money either not to mention Aulas my be the toughest guy to deal with. It will take 50M+ for Lyon to sell him. Remind me, when was the last time we bought a player from OL?

About 3 years ago. The last time we wanted one of their players we got him. But yeah like I said, if no bigger club wants him I think we have a chance.

field442

Trusted ⭐
True that. I can also tell you that, as I said at the time, we overpaid for Lacazette and he was not a hot commodity like Aouar is now.

City is the one I worry about. I think if Covid-19 didn’t happen there’d be a lot of clubs after him but we might get lucky and get a clear run at him. All depends on the financials of course.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

True that. I can also tell you that, as I said at the time, we overpaid for Lacazette and he was not a hot commodity like Aouar is now.

The one thing I find interesting is the Kia and Aulas relationship. There may be a deal because he took Guimaraes there in January and he’s clearly a talent.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Didn't they report on how much cash we offered? Would be interesting to see how much we value Guendouzi and obviously Aouar for that matter.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The one thing I find interesting is the Kia and Aulas relationship. There may be a deal because he took Guimaraes there in January and he’s clearly a talent.

I didn't realize that Guimaraes was a Kia deal. I thought it was a Juninho move. Having said that, Aulas is a more competent and astute dealmaker than the Raul or other clowns at AFC.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
City is the one I worry about. I think if Covid-19 didn’t happen there’d be a lot of clubs after him but we might get lucky and get a clear run at him. All depends on the financials of course.
FWIW Stuart Brennan, who is Tier 1 for City, said they're unlikely to sign a midfielder this summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I didn't realize that Guimaraes was a Kia deal. I thought it was a Juninho move. Having said that, Aulas is a more competent and astute dealmaker than the Raul or other clowns at AFC.

Yeah I followed the story a bit because both Arsenal and Atletico were after him but Lyon seemed to have the inside track.

All that would be down to Kia so I wouldn’t be shocked if he said to Aulas “I’ll give you one if you help me out later on”.

Considering at the time Lyon were in meltdown I wouldn’t be surprised if Aulas struck a deal with the devil to get another talented player down the line.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

FWIW Stuart Brennan, who is Tier 1 for City, said they're unlikely to sign a midfielder this summer.

No space. With Ferran joining and Foden surely getting more minutes they look stacked.

Bernardo didn’t as play much last year so he’ll surely pick up David Silva’s minutes. Same for Juve tbh.

They need three or four new players in defence and attack, midfield is surely bottom of their list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom