• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 946,964
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Didn't respond for what reason? Because CL was still in play or..?

If the offers still on the table and reports are true that its 44m + Douzi they would be stupid to not accept.

Glad we have solid interest.

Finesse

I like this player. It is beyond a gamble. He can develop into a top player. The issue is the system we deploy. We have been at our best with 3 central midfielders and leaving the creativity to our wide players or using our movement and combination in the final third. This is the stability and compact system that has helped our defence. Deployment of a playmaker will improve chances creation but hamper shape and stability. Liverpool will face same issue when they bring in Alcantera.

Secondly cost and adaption is another issue. His age is right and hopefully he adapts into the PL speed and contact game.

If you ask me , I would get Buendia for far less , no adaptation worry and he does have a balance with fighting for the ball and driving it into the final third.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
44m + Douzi is stupid! A fair swap deal imo is something like 30m or 25m + Douzi

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need Aouar more than Partey IMO. The one thing our midfield lack more than anything is not physicality but creativity. If there's not enough funds, we should forego Partey.

I'm sure AMN with good coaching he could be able to do 'a Partey job.'

In a non covid world, Lyon could have demanded 60-70m.

But I'm sure Aulas won't demand more than 50m. But then again, who knows what goes through Aulas' mind. That fücker is toughest negotiator in football

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I like this player. It is beyond a gamble. He can develop into a top player. The issue is the system we deploy. We have been at our best with 3 central midfielders and leaving the creativity to our wide players or using our movement and combination in the final third. This is the stability and compact system that has helped our defence. Deployment of a playmaker will improve chances creation but hamper shape and stability. Liverpool will face same issue when they bring in Alcantera.

Secondly cost and adaption is another issue. His age is right and hopefully he adapts into the PL speed and contact game.

If you ask me , I would get Buendia for far less , no adaptation worry and he does have a balance with fighting for the ball and driving it into the final third.

Xhaka
Partey - Aouar
Offers you everything you need in a midfield 3. Partey adds the stability you lose, all three work very hard as well. Xhaka could quite easily become our Henderson with better players around him. Been saying it before the window opened. Partey and Aouar signings are key if we want CL football next season.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

44m + Douzi is stupid! A fair swap deal imo is something like 30m or 25m + Douzi
I don't think anyone knows how much we added to Douzi. But you're right though. 30m+Douzi is a fairer offer. But they've made it clear that they don't need Douzi

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I am also not sure about his physical state. He is too skinny like Pepe. Probably take him one year to build muscle

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Xhaka
Partey - Aouar
Offers you everything you need in a midfield 3. Partey adds the stability you lose, all three work very hard as well. Xhaka could quite easily become our Henderson with better players around him. Been saying it before the window opened. Partey and Aouar signings are key if we want CL football next season.
Instantly the best midfield outside city and Liverpool in the PL

Trofton

Lyon expect to sell Houssem Aouar this summer, according to L'Equipe, but only offer they've received so far has come from #Arsenal. Arteta a big fan, Edu in contact with Lyon sporting director Juninho. Lyon haven't responded to offer of € & Guendouzi

daron christie

Xhaka
Partey - Aouar

well never be great with Xhaka in the team

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

On paper yes, quite comfortably actually. Not forgetting we have one of if not the best striker in the league, a rejuvenated second season Pepe and maybe the same rejuvenation with Lacazette under Arteta. Along with one of the best left backs in the league, two quality goalkeepers AND two exciting new CB's...

If we were to do this business this summer I can see big things happening next season.

Finesse

On paper maybe. Liverpool and City have unique midfields. Liverpool is about control with hassling , domination and breaking up play. City is possession and movement to control. The system picks the players. At Arsenal what is the system ? Once that is in place , we can pick the players. It’s not about putting 3 good players , 2 of them new signings and expecting them to play. Post Covid we have seen how Arteta sets up his midfield. Very similar to Liverpool. Niles came into the team to bring the shape , stability and structure to stop the opponents.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

On paper yes, quite comfortably actually. Not forgetting we have one of if not the best striker in the league, a rejuvenated second season Pepe and maybe the same rejuvenation with Lacazette under Arteta. Along with one of the best left backs in the league, two quality goalkeepers AND two exciting new CB's...

If we were to do this business this summer I can see big things happening next season.
...And a rejigged defense

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
On paper maybe. Liverpool and City have unique midfields. Liverpool is about control with hassling , domination and breaking up play. City is possession and movement to control. The system picks the players. At Arsenal what is the system ? Once that is in place , we can pick the players. It’s not about putting 3 good players , 2 of them new signings and expecting them to play. Post Covid we have seen how Arteta sets up his midfield. Very similar to Liverpool. Niles came into the team to bring the shape , stability and structure to stop the opponents.

The players we seem to be going for cater for what Arteta would like in a 433. Control, pace, power and creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom