• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,585
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
On paper maybe. Liverpool and City have unique midfields. Liverpool is about control with hassling , domination and breaking up play. City is possession and movement to control. The system picks the players. At Arsenal what is the system ? Once that is in place , we can pick the players. It’s not about putting 3 good players , 2 of them new signings and expecting them to play. Post Covid we have seen how Arteta sets up his midfield. Very similar to Liverpool. Niles came into the team to bring the shape , stability and structure to stop the opponents.
Liverpool's midfield is not set up to create chances. It is set up to disrupt the opposition.

City's midfielder is set up to create chances and dominate games.
An Aouar-Xhaka-Partey is has a bit of City's and Liverpool midfield attribute IMO

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

kc71gdihqit21.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Get f*cked man, 20M increase because of a couple of nice moves in the CL. :lol:
If it wasn’t for corona he would get it too. Ajax got 80M from Barca for Frenkie with the same results as Lyon did (different style). If you are cash rich you can get some great deals this year.

ChefMan21

I think we need that kind of quality/standard, so the price - with the usual negotiation - is where I expected. Not in the top 3 of my midfield target wishlist (Neves, Puig, Bentancur are), but certainly within the top 5 or 6 (the others being Camavinga and Tonali).

I must say I'm liking the quality we're targeting between Aouar and Partey, since Partey is also easily within my top 10 midfield targets...

SupersoakerArsene

Just offer 15/20 mil + Guendouzi.
Guendouzi also a young talent and French.

We get rid of Guendouzi and get a real baller in.

Partey, Gabriel, Aouar (and Willian and Sarr free) would be a great summer :Celebration:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't get why bald checkbook manager want Aouar when he have De bruyne B.Silva and Foden.

It just screams let's buy this giy so our rivals won't buy him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't get why bald checkbook manager want Aouar when he have De bruyne B.Silva and Foden.

It just screams let's buy this giy so our rivals won't buy him.

Pep already said Foden is replacing David Silva and they wont sign a replacement.

Also they have one more spot left for a foreign signing, the rest have to be homegrown players. You'd think it'll be Koulibaly.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This one is obviously reliant on us offloading Torreira and Guendouzi at the very least, which I think we will struggle to do.

Its a shame as I think the player would jump at the chance to come.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
$ity has been having issues in AM ever since Toure left. They would be daft to miss Aour.

Especially since Pep does not want to use Mahrez and B. Silva

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aouar is a ligue 1 proven talent who has played well in the champions league.

Guendouzi is a Premier League proven talent, who is proven in the Europa league and also called up to the national team.

In what world is Aouar worth double what Guendouzi is worth. Guendouzi would walk into the Lyon team and dominate the French league. His value would sky rocket.

I would offer Guendouzi + 15 million max. They get a ready made replacement who will boss the midfield. Going from ligue 1 to the Premier League is hard. Going from the Premier league to Ligue 1 is a walk in the park.

The key thing is they would be getting a player who can grow in value. Not some cast off like Juventus try and give you.

Shalmaneser V

Aouar is a ligue 1 proven talent who has played well in the champions league.

Guendouzi is a Premier League proven talent, who is proven in the Europa league and also called up to the national team.

In what world is Aouar worth double what Guendouzi is worth. Guendouzi would walk into the Lyon team and dominate the French league. His value would sky rocket.

I would offer Guendouzi + 15 million max. They get a ready made replacement who will boss the midfield. Going from ligue 1 to the Premier League is hard. Going from the Premier league to Ligue 1 is a walk in the park.

The key thing is they would be getting a player who can grow in value. Not some cast off like Juventus try and give you.

Cmon Aouar is clearly the more talented player.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Can only really see them selling if it makes them loads of money, else what's the point? Douzi's real value is very different to what some on here think imo in this market.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

In this market Aouar is comfortably worth more. Not only is he a superior player courted by better teams we want to punt Guendouzi because he is a bit of a ****.

The first point alone makes him more valuable the second widens that difference further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom