• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If he stays on as first choice striker he will stay.

He knows he’s easily good enough to play for a CL team in France/Spain/Italy, so doubt he would ride out his contract for the sake of it.

This guy isn’t a bum like the majority of the team you know, unlike them he’s still got ratings in Europe.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

:rofl:
Similar Quality? FFS. 20 year old Nketiah was preferred to Lacazette. I would rather continue with youngsters. We should really play 4-5-1 until Martinelli is back.

Dude is turning 30. He wont improve. He will ride his contract out like many before him if given chance.

So you would rather Arsenal goes into the season with Nketiah & Martinelli (half the season injured?) as strikers in addition to Auba? Even Arteta said that the youngsters cannot be overplayed.

You cannot get a good replacement for 15 million. We need to strenghten other areas.

senna

People seem to forget that laca scores less goals for us in a season than Giroud did. He also went about a year without scoring away. A couple good matches to end the season doesnt change anything - get rid & if we can get £30m cant be difficult to use that to find a younger player to replicate Laca's output with the potential to develop into better.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
So you would rather Arsenal goes into the season with Nketiah & Martinelli (half the season injured?) as strikers in addition to Auba? Even Arteta said that the youngsters cannot be overplayed.

You cannot get a good replacement for 15 million. We need to strenghten other areas.

Yes. Trust Pepe.

Done

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Depends on how much Arteta rates Nketiah. It's still not clear why Eddie was starting ahead of Laca last year after January. If it's because he wants a more energetic, mobile team, who can break quickly, then he may see Auba, Nketiah and Martinelli as perfect for CF.

30M for Laca to invest in our midfield might look appealing.

I think Laca will stay though seeing as his face is being used in kit launches.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal valuation of the player?
We are only asking for 30-35m euros according to reports
If clubs wont even pay that much then we should just keep him

The problem is he will be worth even less next season. Honestly we should just take the hit this season, any offer between 20-25million should be accepted, although I doubt anyone will even pay that.

I really fear we won't be able to shift Lacazette/Torreira/Guendouzi this window.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
The problem is he will be worth even less next season. Honestly we should just take the hit this season, any offer between 20-25million should be accepted, although I doubt anyone will even pay that.

I really fear we won't be able to shift Lacazette/Torreira/Guendouzi this window.

Why would that be a problem? Keeping Laca gives us a bigger chance of top4 than selling him and bank on chamionship level player like Nketiah.

Laca is in massive decline. We need to sell ASAP. Can't be listening to the injury excuse for the whole next season because he lacks the stamina to cope with games for more than 50 minutes.

20 M would be amazing. But like you say it will be hard for us to sell our players this summer. Its very sad situation being stuck with all these bums.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

25 million should be the minimum, that might give us enough money to get an attacking replacement. He has 2 years in contract, Auba wants proven players to renew I think.

Laca could easily have better season next year so we might not lose that much money, and getting into UCL would give us even more.

Torreira has 3 years in contract, and I'm pretty sure there is interest in him. Should fetch our money back at least.

Guendouzi has 2 years in contract so would be important to be able to sell him for something like 20 million minimum, because of his problems. Unless a miracle happens and he humbles himself and renews.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Arsenal valuation of the player?
We are only asking for 30-35m euros according to reports
If clubs wont even pay that much then we should just keep him

The market dictates the price, not the club. He is worth exactly what buyers are offering, not the other way round.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why would that be a problem? Keeping Laca gives us a bigger chance of top4 than selling him and bank on chamionship level player like Nketiah.

I dont rate him so in my opinion it wouldn't. He's had three seasons here and has shown he isn't good enough, he's had his time.

Would much rather get some money in for him now and get someone else in. The sooner we bed someone new in and start the rebuild process the better.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I dont rate him so in my opinion it wouldn't. He's had three seasons here and has shown he isn't good enough, he's had his time.

Would much rather get some money in for him now and get someone else in. The sooner we bed someone new in and start the rebuild process the better.

You still lose at leat 20 g/a, which you won't get from Nketiah. If you go on the market you'll need to pay up significantly more than 30m for that. It's status quo at best (worst if you consider you get a new player not used to the system, league etc).

Selling Laca is a big step back from the goal of reaching CL again.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
25 million should be the minimum, that might give us enough money to get an attacking replacement. He has 2 years in contract, Auba wants proven players to renew I think.

Laca could easily have better season next year so we might not lose that much money, and getting into UCL would give us even more.

Torreira has 3 years in contract, and I'm pretty sure there is interest in him. Should fetch our money back at least.

Guendouzi has 2 years in contract so would be important to be able to sell him for something like 20 million minimum, because of his problems. Unless a miracle happens and he humbles himself and renews.

Lacazette hasn't proven anything, the fact he "could" have a better season (bare in mind he has been here 3 years and we spent 50m on him) tells you all you need to know. We need an upgrade.

Torreira we could potentially get 20 odd million, i can't see us getting more than that though.

Regarding Guendouzi, I dont think anyone will touch him after everything that's gone on.

The players that will raise us money are Ainsley/Emi/Balogan I think.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You still lose at leat 20 g/a, which you won't get from Nketiah. If you go on the market you'll need to pay up significantly more than 30m for that. It's status quo at best (worst if you consider you get a new player not used to the system, league etc).

Selling Laca is a big step back from the goal of reaching CL again.

He has gotten 20 g/a once in the Premier league (18/19). He has also proven to be completely ineffective in 50% of PL fixtures (away games). People really overstate this guys influence.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I don't really care for Lacazette that much, but we know what we get with him. If the only way to get Partey/Aouar was by selling Lacazette then I'd let him go, but if we can get one without having to sell him then I'd rather keep him.

Aside from Auba we're super in experienced in the striker role and I don't think we have an ideal replacement for Lacazette.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom